Welcome to our newest member, misskesha
» Online Users: 1,401
0 members and 1,401 guests
No Members online

Old 06-19-2002, 07:55 AM
GreekChat Member

American Idol

Sorhors and Sisterfriends,

I just have to know who watched American Idol last night. It was down to 10 finalists and they had one more time to do their thing and then the American people get to vote for the 3 that will make it. I personally loved the first girl that sang. She is the epitome of raw talent. I don't think that anyone else really had my attention. Oh the last boy that sung that Brian McNight song was good too. What do you think? Did you vote? I did and I voted for the first girl.
Old 06-19-2002, 09:15 AM
GreekChat Member

Unhappy I tried but to no avail!

I loved the first girl and I wanted to vote for her but I could not get through! I also thought the guy that did Brian Mcknight was good and the chick that did Whitney Houston was alright.
Old 06-19-2002, 10:08 AM

Send a message via AIM to DOVE1920 Send a message via Yahoo to DOVE1920
The guy with the dreads was HORRIBLE, why was he singing a slow song so fast? The girl who did the Whitney Houston song was horrible. She truly didn't have the voice. This was my first time watching the show and the judges had me crackin' up!
Old 06-19-2002, 10:54 AM
GreekChat Member

The Dread dude

was TERRIBLE!! and what in the WORLD did he have ON???!!
Old 06-19-2002, 12:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Dreadfully Awful

Yall,

The guy with the dreads was beyond horrific. When he opened his mouth and let that first note out I was on the floor screaming in agony. I DID NOT STOP UNTIL STOPPED!!!!! If he wasn't embarressed I was sho nuff embarressed for him. Im still trying to figure out how he made it that far.

Now on a more serious note did you all see MAD TV on Sunday nite where they did the segement of a snickers commerical but because they couldnt say snickers they did SNIGGERS??? And not only did they do it once but twice!!! Can we say APPAULED
Old 06-19-2002, 02:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Whoa...missed that one!

I usually watch MAD TV every week but I missed this past weekend because of work. They do tend to take the jokes a little to far at times!

Is anyone going to watch AMERICAN IDOL tonight? Maybe we could get a chat thing going?
Old 06-19-2002, 02:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking Of course

I will be watching American Idol tonight. I can't wait to see who won. We will have to get on here tomorrow and talk about that.

I've never watched Mad T.V. and now I'm glad I didn't. They will never get any ratings from me
Old 06-19-2002, 05:53 PM
GreekChat Member

yesssssssssss!

I watched American Idol and I voted for #10. He sang soooooooooooo well, I was like Dang . . . I guess I have found me a new baby daddy! Anyway, I thought everyone else was horrible! They should have let ya girl judge the entire thing, now I would have found some talent!!

I am soooooo slow sometimes! about the mad TV thing I laughed at the fact that nowbody really says "snickers" correctly! I didn't even pick up on the N-word part! Can I get an embarrassed face up here?
Old 06-19-2002, 06:14 PM

Send a message via AIM to DOVE1920 Send a message via Yahoo to DOVE1920
Re: Dreadfully Awful

Quote:
Originally posted by HolyGhost7
Yall,

The guy with the dreads was beyond horrific. When he opened his mouth and let that first note out I was on the floor screaming in agony. I DID NOT STOP UNTIL STOPPED!!!!! If he wasn't embarressed I was sho nuff embarressed for him. Im still trying to figure out how he made it that far.

Old 06-19-2002, 09:45 PM
GreekChat Member

*lol*
ok, its on now and they let TA-MI-KA critque a few performances LMAO!

I'm glad that Tamrya made it so far.

But Ryan and Jim???? BBOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Honeykiss1974; 06-19-2002 at 09:59 PM.
Old 06-19-2002, 10:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Ryan??? Jim???

I cannot believe that they ACTUALLY got in!! I am so APPAULED at that DECISION! I am sorry but I totally AGREE with SIMON on his opinion of Jim. He was terrible and he only got in because PEOPLE FELT SORRY FOR HIM!!!!!!
Old 06-20-2002, 06:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Red face JIM WHAT????????????

I cannot believe that America voted for him! So what if people felt sorry for him, that's not what this competion is about, he's going to have his feelings hurt in this type of profession. I pray that they don't let this no singing boy win. Tamyra deserved it and the only other person that deserved to be up there was the young man that sung Brian McNight, I can't believe he didn't win.

Did you see how the girl that sung the Whitney Houston song was crying and never congratulated the winners, and at the end when someone went over to her she pushed them away. I felt sorry for her cause I would have cried too if JIM won over me, and I can't even sing.

The girl Tamika was funny too, I was craking up when she came on and gave her opinions.
Old 06-20-2002, 06:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Sorhor Babydoll3,

Girl, I can tell that you are hooked on the show! I didn't watch any of it but sounds like it was very interesting! Thanks for sharing the highlights of the show!

Serioussigma22
Old 06-20-2002, 07:24 PM
GreekChat Member

man!

tamyra was a shoe in.

chris should have been second

and ryan 3rd (the song she chose REALLY sucked, but she has a nice voice and a pop/rock look that i think mainstream american is looking for)

there is NO WAY in H E double hockey stick jim should have won! that boy was horrible and he sang the same dry song!

if you're trying to showcase your range of singing ability you have to come fresh and as original as possible when singing someone elses song. thats why i think kelli didnt win. she sounds ok (minus the growling) but she was imitating whitney houston instead of making the song hers. she shouldnt have been such a sore loser cause the judges get to pick a wild card at the end and her attitude (although understandable) may have cost her a second chance
Old 06-21-2002, 12:09 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: the sleeper cab of my tractor trailer all over the 48
Send a message via Yahoo to jojapeach
Angry Ooooooohh!!!

Why, oh why, did Jim win? Personally, I think there were some sick people out there who voted for Jim just to get back at Simon's remark. (FYI: He said, "If you were to win this competition, we would have failed our mission.") Frankly, Simon was on point because Jim should not win the whole shebang.

I liked Rodesia's voice, but the song was wrong. There's just something kinda downhome yet modern about her voice. I think she would do well in Gospel, but I don't think she's headed that way.

I can't stand Tamika (and I'm saying it like Simon said it, Ta-muh-kuh). Granted, what she said was on point, but why does she have to hate so hard when she couldn't make it up there? Spend the energy finding a voice coach. What's worse, she had the gall to appear on television twice with her hair not being done. What the hell???

Yay for the homegirl, Tamyra! I loved her the moment I heard her sing. She has all that positive energy bouncing around, and her voice is sensational! I'm mad that Chris didn't make it because he made me love that Brian McKnight song again. He made me feel more tingly than Brian ever did. Soror Rhoyalty 22, I think we have to stand in line for Chris b/c he was a cutie!