Threads: 115,576
Welcome to our newest member, Candida
» Online Users: 1,185
4 members and 1,181 guests
Cookiez17, flirt5721, John, Low D Flat

Old 10-02-2003, 03:26 PM
GreekChat Member

I am finally moved

I have been in and out here on GC for a little while and am happy to say that we have finally moved our household from one state to another with just a few glitches here and there. I feel like a whole year's worth of time has gone by in just a mere 4-5 months. Needless to say, we are 85% unpacked with the remaining 15% to happen probably over the next couple of years . Such is moving!

I will tell you that I miss Tennessee terribly. (AOII picked such a great place to have its headquarters!) But Texas has its strong points too. I am in quest of an alumnae group to get involved with in my new surroundings so I am hoping to make headway with that shortly. I just wanted to say that it is so refreshing to be able to log onto GC and communicate with familiar "faces" (you all know what I mean) especially when you have left family and friends and don't know anyone in a new place. Ah the joys of the internet and the joys of sisterhood!
Old 10-02-2003, 05:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Where in Texas? I lived in Texas for fourth and fifth grade...we are an Army family! We lived in Killeen or also known as Fort Hood. It seems like it was forever-ago, but from what I remember, I really liked it there!
Old 10-02-2003, 08:33 PM
GreekChat Member

familiar faces

Rubyrose,
If you ever need to "see" a familiar face, just e-mail mom or me.
Roses to you and your family,
Silver
Old 10-02-2003, 09:25 PM
GreekChat Member

AOII_Luv,

We are in Frisco about 25-30 miles north of Dallas. I think Killeen is a bit further southwest from here. I like the feel of "wide open space" here.

Silver,

You and your mom are literally familiar faces since you are the only ones I've met in person from GC. I hope things are going well for both of you and the rest of your family.

Roses,

rubyrose
Old 10-03-2003, 10:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: Where stately oaks and broad magnolias shade inspiring halls
Congratulations on your move. Texas is a very nice place and I LOVE shopping in Dallas. Although, I have only done it about 3 times. From the looks of it, there are at least two alumnae chapters and a posible third that you could join. They are Dallas, Denton County http://aoii.net/dentoncounty/ and Greater Tarrant County.

Good luck to you and your family.
Old 10-03-2003, 11:14 AM
GreekChat Member

I am happy your move was successful. Good luck with everything. I wish I was in a big state like TX that had tons of AOII alumnae! In Oxford, MS here we have about 10 alumnae....but we are reaching out to our sisters in smaller towns and cities in North Mississippi.

Roses!

PS: Rubyrose I love your signature!