Welcome to our newest member, misskesha
» Online Users: 1,273
0 members and 1,273 guests
No Members online

Old 06-25-2003, 12:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to dspchamy
Mindless Sheep? I hope not

I have been a member of Delta Sigma Phi since 1995. I have attended three conventions and will soon be attending my fourth in Chicago next weekend.

What I have heard through the grape vine is that there has been a lot of "coalition building" going on. While I do think it is a good idea to build coalitions with other members especially those that represent similar campuses and chapter dynamics. I think it is absolutely stupid to rally behind one person. FEAR THE UNIBRAIN. We were all granted the gift of thought and free will, I encourage you all to use it. Enjoy convention, but challenge the process...especially lame duck elected officers that are promising you the world but don't have a leg to stand on.

I will be there, I will be speaking, I will challenge the process! Will you? Or will you close your eyes do what you are told to do by your "elected representative(s)" I hope not, because if you do you are loosing your democratic right, and your own opinion

Just some thoughts from a guy who has been in a rodeo or two before. Have a good time in Chicago, be safe and most importantly enjoy the brotherhood.

"What is right is often not what is most popular"
Old 06-25-2003, 04:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Mr. Duck

Spoken like a true 4 year lame duck. Lets talk about your record: 4 years of Hockman. The challenge. Alcohol Free Housing. 200,000 budget deficits, decreased recruitment numbers, more chapter closing than at any given time in history, angry brothers .... all under your watch Mr. Duck.

In 01, the 'union' as you call it, brought about change. In 03' the 'union' will finish the change. The 'union' achieved results. Please come, but be prepared to explain your 4 year record as well.
Old 06-25-2003, 05:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to dspchamy
Maybe you should read things a little more clearly the word union does not appear in any of the above text. I did not have the challenge as an undergraduate, I and the rest of my chapter brothers flourished while we were in school. You may want to check out the history section of the website, Smercina was the executive director when I was initiated and I only had two years of Hockman(preChallenge)

You are reacting like you are Josh Maxwell and I just pissed in your Cheerios or something.

Settle down believe it or not the undergraduates did not concur the world in 01' and for all the glory of the past two years...I don't remember Epsilon and the pink elephant beating down the door trying to get back in.
Old 06-25-2003, 06:06 PM
GreekChat Member

I don't know what your talking about. (I don't eat Cheerios.) We will finish the process started in DC 01'. Please come ready to accept this. It is your mess that we are still cleaning up from your term on the Grand Council.

My reaction is consistent with a great many undergrad reactions. It is not surprising you try and blame one person for your mistakes. Rest assured, your mistakes of the past four years will be fixed in a week.