GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,141
Threads: 115,586
Welcome to our newest member, commonpeace
» Online Users: 957
0 members and 957 guests
No Members online

Old 05-29-2005, 02:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PM_Mama00 Send a message via Yahoo to PM_Mama00
Dementia Check

Test for Dementia

It's that time of year for our annual senior citizen test. Exercise of the
brain is as important as exercise of the muscles. As We grow older, it's important that we keep mentally alert The saying; "If you don't use it, you will lose it" also applies to the brain, so... Below is a very private way to gauge your loss or non-loss of intelligence.

So, take the following test presented here and determine if you are losing it or are still "with it." The spaces below are so you don't see the answers until you have given your answer.

OK, relax, clear your mind and... begin.

WELL MAYBE NOT THAT CLEAR!

1. What do you put in a toaster?

Answer: "bread." If you said "toast," then give up now and go do something else. Try not to hurt yourself. If you said, "bread," go to Question 2.

2. Say "silk" five times. Now spell "silk." What do cows drink?

Answer: Cows drink water. If you said "milk," please do not attempt the next question. Your brain is obviously over stressed and may even overheat. It may be that you need to content yourself with reading something more appropriate such as Children's World. If you said "water" then proceed to question 3.

3. If a red house is made from red bricks and a blue house is made from blue bricks and a pink house is made from pink bricks and a black house is made from black bricks, what is a green house made from?

Answer: Greenhouses are made from glass. If you said "green bricks," what the devil are you still doing here reading these questions????? If you said "glass," then! go on to Question 4.

4. It's twenty years ago, and a plane is flying at 20,000 feet over Germany (If you will recall, Germany at the time was politically divided into West Germany and East Germany.) Anyway, during the flight, TWO of the engines fail. The pilot, realizing that the last remaining engine is also failing, decides on a crash landing procedure. Unfortunately the engine fails before he has time and the plane fatally crashes smack in the middle of "no man's land" between East Germany and West Germany. Where would you bury
the survivors? East Germany or West Germany or in "no man's land"?

Answer: You don't, of course, bury survivors.
If you said ANYTHING else, you are a real dunce and you must NEVER try to rescue anyone from a plane crash. Your efforts would not be appreciated. If you said, "Don't bury the survivors", then proceed to the next question.

5. Without using a calculator - You are driving a bus from London to ******* Haven in Wales. In London, 17 people get on the bus. In Reading, six people get off the bus and nine people get on. In Swindon, two people get off and four get on. In Cardiff, 11 people get off and 16 people get on. In Swansea, three people get off and five people get on In Carmathen, six people get off and three get on. You then arrive at ******* Haven. What was the name of the bus driver?

Answer: Oh, for crying out loud!
Don't you remember your own name? It was YOU!!

Now pass this along to all your "smart friends" and hope they do better than you did.

KLTC
Old 05-29-2005, 01:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Well, I did better than I thought I would. I still may be doomed, though.
The above is the opinion of the poster which may or may not be based in known facts and does not necessarily reflect the views of Delta Tau Delta or Greek Chat -- but it might.
Old 05-29-2005, 02:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sageofages
Re: Dementia Check

Quote:
Originally posted by PM_Mama00
Test for Dementia

It's that time of year for our annual senior citizen test. Exercise of the
brain is as important as exercise of the muscles. As We grow older, it's important that we keep mentally alert The saying; "If you don't use it, you will lose it" also applies to the brain, so... Below is a very private way to gauge your loss or non-loss of intelligence.

So, take the following test presented here and determine if you are losing it or are still "with it." The spaces below are so you don't see the answers until you have given your answer.

OK, relax, clear your mind and... begin.

WELL MAYBE NOT THAT CLEAR!

2. Say "silk" five times. Now spell "silk." What do cows drink?

Answer: Cows drink water. If you said "milk," please do not attempt the next question. Your brain is obviously over stressed and may even overheat. It may be that you need to content yourself with reading something more appropriate such as Children's World. If you said "water" then proceed to question 3.

Now pass this along to all your "smart friends" and hope they do better than you did.
Uh last time I checked...the first things a cow would drink would be it's mother's milk...making it - cows drink milk until weened...
Old 05-29-2005, 03:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Yay! Five out of five! I guess I won't be developing dementia anytime soon!

.....Kelly

True and Constant
Old 05-29-2005, 03:39 PM
GreekChat Member

I got 4 out of 5 because I said "bagels" for the first one.
Old 05-29-2005, 09:45 PM
GreekChat Member

There are too many problems with this.

A calf (baby cow) drinks milk, so it can safely be said that not all cows drink water. Cows raised for veal never drink water, only milk.

The way question three is worded it implies, and people assume that we are defining the color of the house to be the color of the bricks, so a green house would be made of green bricks. (Of which there is a green house (green bricked house) next door to me. I hate it when people paint brick, it's ugly.)

If I remember correctly, there was no "No-man's land" between East and West Germany, only a border with checkpoints and guard towers.

That said, I got 5 out of 5, since I've seen this before.
Old 05-29-2005, 09:54 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by kstar

If I remember correctly, there was no "No-man's land" between East and West Germany, only a border with checkpoints and guard towers.
Hitler's Bunker was in the No-man's land, so that no memorial would be made of it. One existed.

I'm in geriatrics, and have already started deciding which home I'll end up in! I just hope to be one of the happy ones who smile and think they're still Sweet Sixteen...