Members: 326,164
Threads: 115,586
Welcome to our newest member, ibtisamkhan
» Online Users: 1,192
0 members and 1,192 guests
No Members online

Old 02-10-2008, 02:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Lightbulb The Upsilon Chapter of Chi Omega Needs Our Help! Updated 2/13/08!

This is actually a fund raiser for the Upsilon Chapter of Chi Omega at Union University in Jackson, TN.

Please see below:

******Update at bottom!!!!!
Hello! I am an alumna of the Upsilon chapter of Chi Omega in Jackson, TN. The campus was severely damaged on 2/5/08 due to tornados that struck the mid-south.

Though the lodge was spared this time (damage was done in a 2002 tornado), the majority of the dorms were destroyed. Most of the students lost everything they owned. The sisters at Union lost their treasured Chi Omega items as well. This included jerseys, paddles, badges, etc.

As an alumni of the chapter, I thought it would be nice to replace the sisters jerseys and purchase the new initiates as well. Most of the sisters had already purchased those initiation day items as it normally occurs at the end of February.

I am posting this to see if any active members of other chapters or alumni would like to help in the donation efforts? I am also looking for any and every Upsilon alumni that I do not have contact information for. Every little bit would help.

Please send me a message if you are interested. You can visit www.uu.edu
and go the recovery web site that shows the total destruction on campus.
In the next week a web site will be designed and a paypal account set up to take donations for this effort. I will post that information on this thread.

Thanks for your time in reading this. I know the sisters at Union will be thrilled to have a small token of their memories replaced after this catastrauphic event.

Lesley Morley-Thompson (Pledge class 1998)

***As of midnight 2/13/08 the website is up and functional. The site is unionchio.sugarplumgals.com. On the site there is a guest book, if nothing else please leave your sisters some words of encouragement! The paypal account is active and accepting donations. Thank you!***

Last edited by ChiONic; 02-13-2008 at 11:50 AM. Reason: updated with web site info