Welcome to our newest member, lauren_ash0
» Online Users: 1,042
0 members and 1,042 guests
No Members online

Old 08-12-2005, 01:57 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to RACooper
Illegal Guns in Canada - Canada's Fault

Hmmmm..... I thought the new US Ambassador was supposed to be a little more diplomatic and/or intelligent (but then again he is Bush's appointee).

So the fact that firearms made and sold in the US, and illegal up here, are smuggled here is Canada's fault? Interesting interpretation of criminal law - sorta like blaming the victim... oh wait it is...

Tell you'all what - you stop the flow of the guns killing Canadians, and we'll stop the flow of that "lethal" pot from Canada... sound fair?

"Cave ab homine unius libri"
Old 08-12-2005, 09:30 AM
Super Moderator

It's Canada's fault that they're illegal. The U.S. didn't make Canadian law
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 08-12-2005, 10:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Re: Illegal Guns in Canada - Canada's Fault

Quote:
Originally posted by RACooper
Tell you'all what - you stop the flow of the guns killing Canadians, and we'll stop the flow of that "lethal" pot from Canada... sound fair?
You can't speak for everyone. It goes both ways. Pot is illegal here, Guns are illegal there. Both are gonna find a way to get to the other destination.

Cosign with ktsnake. Canada's fault that guns are illegal, US fault that pot's illegal.
Old 08-12-2005, 10:38 AM
GreekChat Member

Re: Re: Illegal Guns in Canada - Canada's Fault

Quote:
Originally posted by amanda6035
You can't speak for everyone. It goes both ways. Pot is illegal here, Guns are illegal there. Both are gonna find a way to get to the other destination.

Cosign with ktsnake. Canada's fault that guns are illegal, US fault that pot's illegal.
Yeah, but if it's illegal, then you shouldn't bring it in. Say I go to a country where it's illegal to wear jeans. I surely wouldn't be bringing my denim in. The point is, DO YOUR HOMEWORK!
Old 08-12-2005, 10:55 AM
Banned

Re: Re: Re: Illegal Guns in Canada - Canada's Fault

Quote:
Originally posted by Taualumna
Yeah, but if it's illegal, then you shouldn't bring it in. Say I go to a country where it's illegal to wear jeans. I surely wouldn't be bringing my denim in. The point is, DO YOUR HOMEWORK!
It's your fault for wanting it and using it.

The better analogy is to not blame Mexico for the illegal immigrants we have in the US. The blame rests on those US companies that have the need for their labor and hire them.

-Rudey
Old 08-12-2005, 11:02 AM
GreekChat Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Illegal Guns in Canada - Canada's Fault

Quote:
Originally posted by Rudey
The blame rests on those US companies that have the need for their labor and hire them.

-Rudey
Rudey, I agree with you 100%. The sad thing is the unemployed americans who think they are too good to do those jobs. (obviously they aren't too good if they dont have a job - they are worthless if you ask me.) It pisses me off that illegal immigrants are given jobs here in the US. It pisses me off even more that welfare americans are sitting on their @$$ and refuse to get a job because they view the jobs that are available as "below them."

I need to hush now, I dont wanna turn this thread into a welfare argument.
Old 08-12-2005, 05:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to CanadianTeke
Re: Illegal Guns in Canada - Canada's Fault

Quote:
Originally posted by RACooper
Hmmmm..... I thought the new US Ambassador was supposed to be a little more diplomatic and/or intelligent (but then again he is Bush's appointee).

So the fact that firearms made and sold in the US, and illegal up here, are smuggled here is Canada's fault? Interesting interpretation of criminal law - sorta like blaming the victim... oh wait it is...

But it is our fault, pure and simple. They are our borders and our laws which we need to protect from those who wish to violate them. Gun smugglers do not cross through US customs, and do not violate American Law, they violate our laws, and cross through our inspection points, or through our vast expansises of unpatrolled border and it is our governments responsibility to resond to that threat and inforce our laws. The American's only fault is that they produce guns, which to their thinking is no fault at all as guns are a perfectly legal thing to own. If we want to stop gun violence in our cities, then we need to realize it is our own lack of security that allows the weapons in, pure and simple.