GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

» GC Stats
Members: 326,186
Threads: 115,581
Welcome to our newest member, Candida
» Online Users: 1,252
2 members and 1,250 guests
John, Xidelt

Old 07-06-2000, 01:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Post Good Movies

I know this may sound real...well...not "normal" for this board. But, has anyone seen any good movies lately. Please let me know what's out there (I've been in prison/summer session for the past 6 weeks). I can't think of a thing I may want to go pay $8.50 for these days.

Thanks
Old 07-06-2000, 01:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool

A really good movie to see is Shaft, directed by John Singleton. John Singleton, just happens to belong to the Grandest Fraternity of them all. Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc.

"It's my duty to please that booty."

Damn, now that's acting. :P
Old 07-06-2000, 01:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to ZetaAce Send a message via AIM to ZetaAce
Talking

DELTABRAT- Prison, LOL! Summer Session really does suck! When I hear about that, it makes me glad I graduated. I have seen a few good movies this summer--

Shaft- I dug it. 'Nuff said!

Perfect Storm- Very powerful movie. I thought it was better cause I didn't read the book, and I was kind of touched by the ending.(Which is a pretty big deal since I usually go for action movies.)

Big Momma's House- Mindless fun, and Martin was hilarious!!

Gladiator- I love action movies, so I liked this. There were a couple of gory parts, but I thought it was enjoyable.

Mission Impossible II- Kinda slow in the middle, but the end made it worth it. Thandie Newton and Tom Cruise did a good job.

Gone in 60 Seconds-This is a good, 'check your brain at the door' type movie. If you're looking for a deep plot, I wouldn't suggest it, but if you want a mindless movie that you can just enjoy, then I say see it. The ending was high action.

ZetaAce

I'm going to see Scary Movie tomorrow, and I'll let you know about that. Can you tell I'm a movie buff?
Old 07-06-2000, 02:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks ZetaAce and MandingoNupe. I actually did see Big Momma's House, MissionImpossible and The Perfect Storm. I forgot about Shaft (how could I?). I will see that one next then Scary Movie. Zeta Ace, let me know how Scary Movie is after you see it. Oops, I HAVE to see The Pokemon 2000, Rocky and Bullwinkle amd The Kid with my son and his dad first, then I can do Mommy stuff
Old 07-06-2000, 02:51 PM
GreekChat Member

DELTABRAT- My sister took my nephew (he's 5) to see Rocky and Bullwinkle, she says she wished she waited for it to come to video. (just a little forewarning).

I don't think you can go wrong with Pokemon!

ZetaAce

[This message has been edited by ZetaAce (edited July 06, 2000).]
Old 07-06-2000, 04:11 PM
GreekChat Member

You know what. It doues look a little"something" on the commercial. Additionally, the original cartoon was sorta back in the day. My son has NO frame of reference. Hell, I barely caught the originals truth be told. If there are animated characters in it, he tends to be excited. However, he wasn't exactly jumping out of his skin over this one. Thanks for the forewarning

Please let me know about Scary Movie too, I love Marlon Wayans (I am probably the only one in the world who thinks he's...well...sorta...kinda...a little bit...cute (in a silly kind of way )

PEACE
Old 07-06-2000, 04:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by DELTABRAT:
...I love Marlon Wayans (I am probably the only one in the world who thinks he's...well...sorta...kinda...a little bit...cute (in a silly kind of way )

PEACE
You're not the only one. He grew up nicely. He darn sure wasn't cute in the least on In Living Color.

Kel

Old 07-06-2000, 04:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by DELTABRAT:
Please let me know about Scary Movie too, I love Marlon Wayans (I am probably the only one in the world who thinks he's...well...sorta...kinda...a little bit...cute (in a silly kind of way )

PEACE[/B]
YOU ARE NOT!!!!!!!! I LOVE Marlon, my friends use to laugh because they thought Shawn was cute, but no! I's Marlon all the way!!! =) I can help with the Scary Movie reviews because I'm going to see it tomorrow too. Also look out for The Nutty Professor 2, I hear it's going to be the bomb.

------------------
Reach for the Moon, because even if you miss, you will still be among the stars!
-unknown

[This message has been edited by Caramelattsu (edited July 06, 2000).]
Old 07-06-2000, 05:38 PM
GreekChat Member

I forgot about Nutty 2. Ms. Jackson If You're nasty is in that one, as well. I loved Nutty 1 so I look forward to Nutty 2. Wow!!! I can't believe I am not the only woman out there who thinks Marlon is a cutie

Also, is anyone out there watching the Showtime episodes of Soulfood? What do you think of it?
Old 07-06-2000, 07:56 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Siobhan
Cool

If you're looking for some fun and a few good laughs I really enjoyed Chicken Run and Shanghi Noon

Siobhan
Old 07-06-2000, 08:41 PM
GreekChat Member

"Shanghai Noon" was the absolute bomb!!

"Me, Myself & Irene" was hilarious! (I like the silly comedies and I love Jim Carey)

Deltabrat: Girl, you are not alone. Marlon is way cute!
Old 07-06-2000, 08:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool

I know you wanted to know what to see...but I personally did not like Me, Myself, & Irene! The only really funny parts involved the 3 sons. The rest of it was just Jim Carrey doing bit parts from all his prior roles (In Living Color, Ace Ventura, Liar Liar, etc.). It could have been a much better movie, but I think everyone was in such a hurry to put out some competition before Shaft was released (and I won't even start on that beautiful man!) I was disappointed because I generally LOVE Jim Carrey.

On the other note...I have always thought Marlon was the cutie pie! (But Shaft...um um um) I'm looking forward to the peer reviews of Scary Movie too

ZetaAce...do we either need to raise money to support your habit or find you a good rehab?
Old 07-06-2000, 08:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Well ya'll can HAVE Marlon...I want that sexy SHAWN, even though he can be kinda corny sometimes. But that's okay, he don't have to be funny, he can just sit there and look cute. WHEW!!! Hmm, anyway back to the topic...

I tend to wait for everything to come on video, my nickname is "Blockbuster Queen", (right after "Internet Junkie"), but I love to curl up and watch a good movie "a la VCR".
Perfect Murder
Arlington Road
The Sixth Sense
Air Force One
Sliding Doors
Hush
Fallen
The Bone Collector
Face Off
Anything with Jim Cary, Harrison Ford, Denzel Washington, Nicholas Cage, Nia Long, CHRIS TUCKER(my future husband)...
anyway, I just went blank, hope this gets you started
Old 07-06-2000, 09:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to tickledpink
DELTABRAT, I'm usually a bit of a movie buff also, but lately I haven't had much time to see that much. I will give Shaft a THUMBS UP, though. I've seen it twice (...its down like WHOA)and loved it.

I'm personally waiting for X-Men to hit the theatres. I didn't like the cartoon, but the movie looks like the special effects alone will be worth the while. If you plan on calling it a "Blockbuster" night, you may want to add End of Days to your list. I have mixed feelings about The Green Mile, I read the mini books (die hard Stephen King fan), and it wasn't as good.

Ok, Ok, I'm through.
Old 07-06-2000, 10:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

AXO Alum- LOL, I have an AMC Movie Watcher card (I bet you don't know anyone with one of those do you!)and it is really beneficial. I have gotten lots of free stuff (everything from free popcorn to a free night at the movies + concessions for 2). I am quite the movie junkie. Plus, I am shameless so I still use my student ID and it's only $5! However, you are more than welcome to send money. If you do, I'll do a free movie review every week!

Am I the only one dreading X-Men? I'm going to go see it because I'm a sucker for action movies, but Halle Berry as Storm? What were they thinking?? And where are the outfits, what's up with all the leather?

If you are calling it a Blockbuster night, I say go for The Usual Suspects!

ZetaAce

PS>It's Keyser Sose!!!!!