GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

» GC Stats
Members: 326,186
Threads: 115,581
Welcome to our newest member, Candida
» Online Users: 1,288
1 members and 1,287 guests
John

Old 02-02-2001, 03:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile Survivor 2

Okay, let's talk about Survivor 2...any bets yet on who will be the "Richard" of Survivor 2?
Old 02-03-2001, 04:06 AM
Unregistered-

Exclamation

Initially I thought that Kel had a good chance of making it toward the end, and I was very irate when he got booted off. I mean, his "chewing grass" story seemed kinda odd, but he's in the Army--and lots of people in the military know what they can/cannot eat when they're out in the wild. That snot nose Jerri should've gotten the boot, and I think she's next, but I think it's pretty evident that the Ogakor tribe's two-faced.

I'd like it for Amber to win, but I noticed that she hasn't been featured much as others have been in their confessionals, so we really don't know how or what she's thinking.

Now that Kel's gone, I have a feeling the gourmet chef may have a chance (I can't remember his name). I don't know why, but he somewhat reminds me of Richard, and I could see him playing the spoiler.
Old 02-03-2001, 09:07 AM
GreekChat Member

OTW,

I totally agree with you on Kel. I was pretty disappointed. I think the grass eating and the part where he was really nice to the group gave him the boot. That made no sense to me. It seems like their keeping the weakest and most disliked ones in the group. Kind of makes you wonder how good the show is going to be as it unfolds.

Kevin
Old 02-03-2001, 08:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to HeidiHo
I hope people in Jerri's tribe realize that she'd just going to cause trouble, like she did w/ Kel, & boot her. I know it's not a smart bet, but I really like Rodger. He teaches a class at a high school near me on how to actually build a house. Not just wood shop, but building a house. I also give him many props for jumping off that cliff-he doesn't know how to swim.
Heidi
Old 02-03-2001, 09:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Hey! I LOVE Survivor2--I am more hooked than on the first one!

I too like Rodger! Seems like a sweet guy--one who wouldn't play tricks with you. But i don't think he can win with that I like Amber, too. I also like Maralyn (the corrections officer). She seems like she could be the winner...and she isn't bossy as of yet...

I hate Jeff! Yuck. I also don't like Kimmi (sp?), and Jerri.

COLBY fans: BAd news. Next week, Jerri and Colby either hook up or do some intense flirting I wonder if Colby and Amber will hook up?
Old 02-04-2001, 12:47 AM
GreekChat Member

Well who should realy care.? Weas Greeks should have more important things to worry about! How Will Judge Judy handle her next case?
OOPS not a good topic!
Sorry, I am or can be a cranky ole fa--. I think I am be coming a CUMBERMUGIN(curmubang) oh what the heck in my old teacher coulc see me now!! HAHA< LOLOLOLOL>

Please show your schools as there is a vast diff. in People and more,s The accent grave is to give me some class and ??

------------------
Tom Earp LX Z#1
Pittsburg State U. (Kansas)
Old 02-16-2001, 09:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Angry

**Warning - Rant to Follow**

I am totally pi$$ed at this whole stupid show -- I am not believing they are actually filming these people killing animals on TV -- and this psycho goes and puts the pig blood under his eyes??? Someone is way too into "Lord of the Flies" or something!

And we wonder why violence in our schools is where it is -- maybe its because we are showing kids that its okay to run around killing stuff for the fun of it.

These people are not "surviving" - they are out playing in the woods for tv ratings. As proven on the last show, they all have fresh water and food available to them 24/7. Why is eating bugs and cowbrains in a contest considered "surviving"? If you want to get my attention, drop them all buck naked in the water with not one single thing and let them really survive. Sheesh - I am sorry but this whole concept of "reality tv" is just stupid!
Old 02-16-2001, 02:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs down

This psycho goes and puts the pig blood under his eyes??? Someone is way too into "Lord of the Flies" or something!

Yes, that was definitely "Lord of the Flies"....it made feel pretty ill!

Old 02-16-2001, 03:12 PM
GreekChat Member

I think it is a total set-up. One minute they kill a chicken- next minute it looks like they are eating Kentucky Fried Chicken or Boston Market chicken. Same with the pig-
they never showed them doing the dirty work of cleaning the animals- just the end result- looked very unbelievable to me! (like everything is being set up for them) and trust me- the killing part grossed me out enough - I do not want to see the cleaning process!

[This message has been edited by ISU_XO (edited February 16, 2001).]
Old 02-16-2001, 04:36 PM
Unregistered-

About the pig incident:
I know...people have to eat, but Mr. Lord of the Flies wannabe just went too far with the pig blood. We know he killed it, but did they really have to show that?? Next week I can't wait to see Kimmi go down!!! I respect vegetarians and their principles, but seriously, the Outback is no place to start a No Meat alliance.

About Ogakor:
They screwed up when the lost Kel. I think Jerri's a conniving little @#$@# and I feel sorry for Amber because she's Jerri's little puppet. Now that Mitch's gone Tina and Keith might have an easier time booting the $%^#@ off, but who knows where Colby will swing next?

About Kucha:
It'd be easy to say that Kimmi will get the boot next judging from next week's previews, but something tells me someone else will--a guy, I hope!

------------------
*I'm an Alpha Gam...Yes I am, Yes I am!*
Old 02-16-2001, 05:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally posted by AXO Alum:
**Warning - Rant to Follow**

I am totally pi$$ed at this whole stupid show -- I am not believing they are actually filming these people killing animals on TV -- and this psycho goes and puts the pig blood under his eyes??? Someone is way too into "Lord of the Flies" or something!

And we wonder why violence in our schools is where it is -- maybe its because we are showing kids that its okay to run around killing stuff for the fun of it.

These people are not "surviving" - they are out playing in the woods for tv ratings.
AXOALUM------I TOTALLY agree.

I turned the show off the second they killed that chicken. I didn't even know there was a pig involved too. That is disgusting. Was it really necessary to kill those animals? How can one chicken POSSIBLY feed like 8 adults? They killed that poor animal because they are selfish and only think about themselves. I was so sick thinking about it last night. I will never watch the show again.

I totally respect Kimmi's views. She has been a vegetarian for 10 years. So why should she change now? Meat is NOT necessary for survival----especially for just one month. I thought they were going to use the chickens for eggs. That one guy who was holding the knife had a VERY disturbing look on his face. Almost as if he were possessed!!!

I'm not trying to force my vegetarian/animal rights views on anyone! Just trying to explain how disgusted I felt last night. That station definitely lost my viewership.

Old 02-16-2001, 05:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by cash78mere:
That one guy who was holding the knife had a VERY disturbing look on his face. Almost as if he were possessed!!!
Yes, he definitely looked psychopathic. I would be afraid to fall asleep with that lunatic running around with a sharp hunting knife. Very scary, indeed.

Although I don't like Jeff from Kucha, I think he has the same oily Richard Hatch personality to make it into the Top 4...and so, here are my predictions for the Top 4:
1. Alicia
2. Jeff
3. Keith (I think he'll last longer than Jerri would like)
4. Colby

(I'm a bit unsure about 3 and 4, but I feel pretty strong about 1 & 2)
Old 02-16-2001, 05:52 PM

Quote:

I turned the show off the second they killed that chicken. I didn't even know there was a pig involved too. That is disgusting. Was it really necessary to kill those animals? How can one chicken POSSIBLY feed like 8 adults? They killed that poor animal because they are selfish and only think about themselves. I was so sick thinking about it last night. I will never watch the show again.

I totally respect Kimmi's views. She has been a vegetarian for 10 years. So why should she change now? Meat is NOT necessary for survival----especially for just one month. I thought they were going to use the chickens for eggs. That one guy who was holding the knife had a VERY disturbing look on his face. Almost as if he were possessed!!!

I'm not trying to force my vegetarian/animal rights views on anyone! Just trying to explain how disgusted I felt last night. That station definitely lost my viewership.

Nothin against Kimmy's views but she knew beforehand that she would probably be eating meat/and or bugs. If she can't compromise her morals (which I applaud her for), then she isn't prepared to win.

So they killed a chicken and a pig. It's not the end of the world. There's no way those chickens were gonna produce any eggs, and the way they killed the chicken was in the most humane possible - similar to something used in a slaughterhouse. Last time I checked, the animals we eat aren't given shots to put them to sleep.

It's so easy for us to judge people when we're not in their situation. We don't know how hungry they are, and how much their bodies need protein and other nutrients that are found in both chicken and pig. I'm just playing devil's advocate, I don't condemn Mike for what he did (minus the blood on his face), I know I would be right there in line for some ham and bacon

Mike gets my vote to win - not that I necessarily want him to - but that guy has the best instinct to survive.
Old 02-16-2001, 08:15 PM
Unregistered-

Quote:
I totally respect Kimmi's views. She has been a vegetarian for 10 years. So why should she change now? Meat is NOT necessary for survival----especially for just one month. I thought they were going to use the chickens for eggs.
I don't think that anyone was trying force Kimmi to eat meat, people are just getting irritated with her preaching--and we'll get to see that next week. Did you honestly think that they were only going to use the chicken for eggs? You got 6 starving people out there--and they weren't going to limit themselves to just eggs! And I don't think that there's anything selfish about trying to feed yourself.

If Michael didn't kill the pig, then someone else would've done it. But I do agree the blood thing was a bit much.

------------------
*I'm an Alpha Gam...Yes I am, Yes I am!*
Old 02-16-2001, 08:37 PM

My only survivor 2 comment...

I cannot wait for Tina's happy butt to get booted off this show. Her voice absolutely drives me nuts.