GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

» GC Stats
Members: 326,186
Threads: 115,581
Welcome to our newest member, Candida
» Online Users: 1,294
1 members and 1,293 guests
John

Old 04-06-2001, 09:45 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Siobhan
Thumbs up Stanley Cup Playoffs

I am so psyched: for the first time in 5 years the Canucks are going to the playoffs. Vancouver is such a huge hockey town and we have been waiting for this moment to return to the race for Lord Stanley for what seems like forever. I watched the Canucks/Kings game last night (at the Sig house ) - what a game !! So all you greekchatter/hockey fans what are your playoff hopes/predictions. I want a repeat of 1994, but with a slightly better ending - but I doubt that will happen .

If the Nucks can't win it, I hope one of the Canadian teams does - it's about time we bring the cup back to its rightful home

[This message has been edited by Siobhan (edited April 06, 2001).]
Old 04-06-2001, 10:05 PM

The canucks are gonna be seriously hard pressed to get past the first round. Jump the wagon and cheer for us, OTTAWA SENATORS -we're going to the finals and there ain't nothing anyone can do about it. We're 3rd in goals scored, 7th in goals against, and have the most solid 4 two-way lines around. Our D has strong defensive-offensive pairings (redden with rachunik, phillips with salo), and our goaltending has been consistent and stellar. We're also the fastest team in the league. It's been over 70 years since Lord Stanley has been paraded around Ottawa, time to bring him home to his rightful place.

[This message has been edited by Lil_G (edited April 06, 2001).]
Old 04-06-2001, 10:08 PM

BTW, all you leaf fans better hope you don't meet us in the first round...i'm gonna enjoy watching us sweep the buds in 4 and bring all those ignorant leafs fans a huge reality check
Old 04-09-2001, 01:22 AM

Thumbs down

Ugh, looks like the Canucks are playing Colorado in the first round - oh well we did beat them a couple of times this year - it's Detroit I'm worried about. I hate being in the Western Division, it's sooo competitive.

[This message has been edited by Siobhan (edited April 09, 2001).]
Old 04-09-2001, 09:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to gphi2k
Quote:
Originally posted by Lil_G:
BTW, all you leaf fans better hope you don't meet us in the first round...i'm gonna enjoy watching us sweep the buds in 4 and bring all those ignorant leafs fans a huge reality check

Hey, I'm a huge leafs fan, but they didn't even deserve to get into the playoffs this year. They had a sad and dismal year. They may surprise us in the post season, but I'm not holding my breath.

But Lil_g, we are not IGNORANT fans. Some of us prefer to use the term loyal .

I'm not jumping off the bandwagon. They're a great team. Just had a crappy year. I have a feeling the Sens will do pretty decent in the post-season. Will be interesting to see how far they get.

[This message has been edited by gphi2k (edited April 09, 2001).]
Old 04-09-2001, 01:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Lil_G:
LOL, loyal to the core that's one I gotta give you bud fans credit...at the forum as soon as the habs fall behind they're booed.

BTW les, I left a message in the most popular fraternity thread which you considered were the top groups at UofT.
thanks,

- Nick

Hey Nick,
First of all, yah, the Habs suck. Their fans are dumb if they're loyal .

Secondly, AVOID BUFFALO. They made me nuts. Their goalie (name escapes me now) was completely annoying. Stayed 10 feet out of the damn net all the time. And Hasek...what an a$$ that guy is. I hope they get their butts kicked. Rout'n for Philli in that series! That's forsure.

And I responded to your post in Greek Life. I tried to refrain originally just incase anyone from my school comes on here and gets angry. But it looks like that will NEVER happen so.....

btw...GO LEAFS GO. at least, try to go. somewhere...please....anywhere.

[This message has been edited by gphi2k (edited April 09, 2001).]
Old 04-10-2001, 12:01 AM

LOL, loyal to the core that's one I gotta give you bud fans credit...at the forum as soon as the habs fall behind they're booed.

It should be a good series, we have 3 of our most defensive players out with injuries right now, hopefully they'll be back by friday. Every other team has all their players back in their lineup, look for st.louis to do well now that pronger and demitra are back (mind you they are playing the dirtiest team in the league).

I think we have a good shot at conference finals, as long as we can avoid buffalo (who will probably lose to philly in the 1st round) everyone else is beat-able.

BTW les, I left a message in the most popular fraternity thread which you considered were the top groups at UofT.
thanks,

- Nick

[This message has been edited by Lil_G (edited April 09, 2001).]
Old 04-14-2001, 08:26 PM

Well well well, it looks like there have been a few hitches in the playoffs. Toronto beating Ottawa? Vancouver not letting Colorado cruise by? And that Dallas-Edmonton game today, that was amazing. I am in Hockey heaven right now - a triple header woo-hoo . Can't wait for the Canucks game to start ( I am so jealous, my boyfriend is going to the game on Wednesday when they move their series up to Van . Lil'G I don't want to hop on the Sens bandwagon too soon... .

[This message has been edited by Siobhan (edited April 14, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Siobhan (edited April 14, 2001).]
Old 04-14-2001, 10:21 PM

Grrrr I hate this $hit, i've never seen so much stick work and grabbing in my life. That game was closer to lacross than hockey...i geuss a team with no talent has to resort to that. It won't get them anywhere if they take this series, next round they'll be playing jersey. You can't win games with 16 shots on the most consistent goalie in hockey.
Old 04-15-2001, 03:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

Please no one take offence. The following message is brought to you by Myself and the Toronto Maple Leafs and intended for my friend to the north, Lil_G.

Thank you. Message sent
Old 04-15-2001, 03:58 PM

Angry

Quote:
Originally posted by gphi2k:
Please no one take offence. The following message is brought to you by Myself and the Toronto Maple Leafs and intended for my friend to the north, Lil_G.

Thank you. Message sent
ahhhhhh so funny,

The series isn't over yet, but we're getting seriously pissed in the nation's capital. It's good that there's extra police with the RCMP headquarters being located here because if this play continues there's gonna be a riot and i'm gonna be the one starting it.
I'll be going out tonight to barrymore's and if the sens are there like they usually are i'm seriously gonna kick one of them in the nuts.

Most ppl here won't understand this frustration, but if you lived here you would be fuming too.
Old 04-15-2001, 04:03 PM

BTW, this has nothing to do with this series but Pat Quinn is a TERRIBLE coach. If we lose the olympics next year it will be because of him. There's so many more capable coaches that aren't even part of the coaching team: hartley, crawford, nolan, etc.
Grekz' favortism is definitely showing through, what's next? Add the moose to the team?
Old 04-16-2001, 02:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Lil_G
So the leafs play the sens tonight. I'm thinking it may be best for your sanity if you preoccupy yourself with something else. Perhaps knitting might distract you from the inevitablity of tonight's game.

the leafs are awsome post season players. they thrive on it. be afraid....be very afraid

hehe
Old 04-16-2001, 02:54 PM

Angry

What was up with the refs at the Colorado-Van game on saturday night??? Bertuzzi gets a high stick in the throat, but they don't even call it; and then Rutuu does something way less minor than a highstick but gets put in the penalty box, grrrr . I hope the refs give us a little leway with home ice advantage this week, to make up for the poor calls in Colorado. NHL refs just drive me up the wall sometimes .
Old 04-16-2001, 09:35 PM
GreekChat Member

The Blues are looking for revenge against San Jose. Last year, the Sharks beat the Blues in 7 games, even though the Blues were seeded 1st in the Western conference and the Sharks were seeded 8th. What a disgraceful series that was. Here's hoping the Blues make it a little more respectable this year.