GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,148
Threads: 115,590
Welcome to our newest member, Mr. Doom
» Online Users: 1,273
0 members and 1,273 guests
No Members online

Old 09-22-2009, 05:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Asking Questions

So, after rush when the Rho Gammas are re-affliated with their sororities, is it still okay for me to ask them questions about rush and all things related? I still see my Rho Gamms as the go to girls to ask questions of, but I don't want to do anything like that if it's not okay...
Old 09-22-2009, 06:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by txstategirl View Post
So, after rush when the Rho Gammas are re-affliated with their sororities, is it still okay for me to ask them questions about rush and all things related? I still see my Rho Gamms as the go to girls to ask questions of, but I don't want to do anything like that if it's not okay...
If you are still close with your Rho Gamma, I'd think that asking her a general question about Greek Life would be ok. However, she may not know alot about informal and other chapters though (or anything other than formal recruitment).

Lakers Nation.

Last edited by KSUViolet06; 09-22-2009 at 06:08 PM.
Old 09-22-2009, 07:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by txstategirl View Post
Try talking to your greek adviser instead. This may sound mean, but your Rho Gammas just went through the whirlwind of being disaffiliated, spending TONS of time giving advice and acting as a sounding board for PNMs, then reaffiliating and being inundated with bid day activities and all the stuff that goes with new member programs in a chapter plus regular chapter business.

They need a bit of a break, just so that they can get back into the swing of things with their own chapters and lives.

If you're close with your Rho Gamma you may be able to talk to her but please be aware that her role is not that of adviser anymore, and her time is probably very valuable in terms of the number of things on her plate immediately after recruitment.

If you need information about informal, the Greek Life office is probably the best place to start.