GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,164
Threads: 115,586
Welcome to our newest member, ibtisamkhan
» Online Users: 622
0 members and 622 guests
No Members online

Old 06-10-2010, 02:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Is it possible for a Grad student to still pledge a divine 9 fraternity?

Hello everyone, I recently graduated from college this year. Unfortunately for me, I became interesting in pledging a divine 9 fraternity. I attended interest meetings as well as programs, but unfortunately they were holding a line the second semester.

Which leads me to my question- I will be returning to the same college I received my undergrad degree at for grad school this upcoming year. Therefore, I was hoping that I will would still be able to pledge? My friend who is a member said he has seen men who are alot older than me (i am 21) on line before, and said he believe it would be possible for me to pledge similar to undergrad- because they have a grad chapter as well? I was just wondering if anyone had any knowledge on this topic.

(sorry it is alot to read)
Old 06-10-2010, 02:52 PM
GreekChat Member

why wouldn't it be possible?

I would think that you would go thru a Grad chapter if you were so inclined to do so.

If I am incorrect someone else please correct me.
Law and Order: Gotham - “In the Criminal Justice System of Gotham City the people are represented by three separate, yet equally important groups. The police who investigate crime, the District Attorneys who prosecute the offenders, and the Batman. These are their stories.”
Old 06-10-2010, 02:54 PM
GreekChat Member

I would think so as well, I am also wondering if the process could be the same as an undergrad- because I have heard stories of divine 9 grad students pledging with undergrad pledges so they are not considered "paper" and such
Old 06-10-2010, 02:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by john764 View Post
I would think so as well, I am also wondering if the process could be the same as an undergrad- because I have heard stories of divine 9 grad students pledging with undergrad pledges so they are not considered "paper" and such
That's waaaaaaay out of my lane. You are borderline talking about hazing if you're going where I think you are going...As a matter of fact I would say not to even expect to get an answer to that (at least not one that you would like) here on GC.
Law and Order: Gotham - “In the Criminal Justice System of Gotham City the people are represented by three separate, yet equally important groups. The police who investigate crime, the District Attorneys who prosecute the offenders, and the Batman. These are their stories.”
Old 06-10-2010, 02:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Hello everyone, I recently graduated from college this year. Unfortunately for me, I became interesting in pledging a divine 9 fraternity. I attended interest meetings as well as programs, but unfortunately they were holding a line the second semester.

Which leads me to my question- I will be returning to the same college I received my undergrad degree at for grad school this upcoming year. Therefore, I was hoping that I will would still be able to pledge? My friend who is a member said he has seen men who are alot older than me (i am 21) on line before, and said he believe it would be possible for me to pledge similar to undergrad- because they have a grad chapter as well? I was just wondering if anyone had any knowledge on this topic.

Quote:

Oh my goodness, look here, stop being young and lazy and find the answers to your own questions. You do not need to be in any fraternity if you do not know where to look. It isn't Greekchat.
Old 06-10-2010, 02:58 PM
GreekChat Member

^^^ Bad Cop

<<< lazy cop
Old 06-10-2010, 02:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Do you want to become a member or do you want to worry about what some may think about how you were initiated (Which you have no control over for the most part)?
Old 06-10-2010, 02:59 PM
GreekChat Member

I apologize if i said anything that offended people, I am simply trying to gather information. And I think the fact that I came for help doesnt classify me as "young" and "lazy" - i have done research on the fraternity's main website and they have alumni status but what they offer as info does not answer my question...sorry again if i offended anyone.
Old 06-10-2010, 03:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Ok...but guess what...don't use the main website as your mainline of info.

This generation is lazy...flat out...you think all the answers are online but fact of the matter is all you need to do is ask the right people or actually do real research and you may find the answers that you need to know.

I'm being nice today BTW.

You are in your 20's and you are worried about what those younger that you think about your process?

Ummm so why did you say you wanted to join XYZ frat again?
Old 06-10-2010, 03:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animate View Post
Do you want to become a member or do you want to worry about what some may think about how you were initiated (Which you have no control over for the most part)?
I would like to be a member, and I would like to have the same experience as undergrads (pledging, bonding with my lbs, line jackets, probates). I understand people will always have their opinions- my original question still stands?
Old 06-10-2010, 03:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
I apologize if i said anything that offended people, I am simply trying to gather information. And I think the fact that I came for help doesnt classify me as "young" and "lazy" - i have done research on the fraternity's main website and they have alumni status but what they offer as info does not answer my question...sorry again if i offended anyone.
This means that you are too young and lazy to realize that every answer will not be found on the Internet and that chapters have their own websites and contact information for a reason.
Old 06-10-2010, 03:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaemonSeid View Post
Ok...but guess what...don't use the main website as your mainline of info.

This generation is lazy...flat out...you think all the answers are online but fact of the matter is all you need to do is ask the right people or actually do real research and you may find the answers that you need to know.

I'm being nice today BTW.

You are in your 20's and you are worried about what those younger that you think about your process?

Ummm so why did you say you wanted to join XYZ frat again?
I attended programs they held, I have bonded with alot of the brother in the Fraternity- to which I have posed this question and they were not sure- and I feel as if instead of recieving answers I am being asked more- I do not know where else other than here to look for info- if you could assist me I would not mind doing research myself- thank you in advance.
Old 06-10-2010, 03:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I would like to be a member, and I would like to have the same experience as undergrads (pledging, bonding with my lbs, line jackets, probates). I understand people will always have their opinions- my original question still stands?
Ok...to be clear...how you get in is not important (in a manner of speaking) what is more important is what you DO AFTER YOU GET IN.

From the basis of your original question, you are worried about the wrong dayumed thing.

Again if you are worried about what others think about how you got in, then you are joining for the wrong reason. The process to Greekdom is but one step, so don't let what others think about it cloud you for the rest of your life.

Ok...so i am done being lazy cop now...and no I am not assisting you. I have done it all right here, the rest is up to you...
Old 06-10-2010, 03:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

Dear John,

(lol)

If you have friends in this chapter, you need to ask them. We can't help you, homie. Every process is different.
Old 06-10-2010, 03:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senusret I View Post
Dear John,

(lol)

Well played, sir, well played.