GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,154
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, lauren_ash0
» Online Users: 1,223
3 members and 1,220 guests
LaneSig, Xidelt

Old 08-08-2006, 09:52 PM
GreekChat Member

University of Tennessee Recruitment

I wanted to check if anyone else would be going through recruitment at UT this fall. Also if anyone has been through can you give me an idea of what to expect? Thanks!
Old 08-08-2006, 10:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Big school and big greek life. Rush isn't TOO competitive. Go in with an open mind and you'll probably get a bid to at least one house on campus.
Old 08-09-2006, 05:53 PM
GreekChat Member

I AM!

YEP! I am, it is just a few days away! I am so excited and I can't wait! It stinks about the "MANDATORY" summer read groups overlapping with it though. I don't know how that will work out.
Old 08-10-2006, 11:21 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to stargrl272
Hey! I went through recruitment at UT last year. If you've never been in the Panhellenic building, there are 4 floors, so you will be doing a LOT of stair climbing. That's about all I have to add. Not much longer now, so good luck to both of you!
Kelly
Old 08-10-2006, 02:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargrl272
If you've never been in the Panhellenic building...
UT has a Panhellenic building? I've never heard of such a thing; that's great! What is housed in it?
Old 08-10-2006, 02:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Volsgirl2006 - I love your username! I haven't heard anything about when my reading group is. How did you find yours?

Stargrl272 - How did you like recruitment?

SydneyK - The Panhellenic building has suites for all the sororities. We don't have houses. I believe they are working on getting houses. http://www.omicronhouse.com/ That will tell you more about the houses.

Only 9 more days!
Old 08-10-2006, 06:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Life of the Mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristynM
Volsgirl2006 - I love your username! I haven't heard anything about when my reading group is. How did you find yours?

Only 9 more days!
http://chancellor.tennessee.edu/life...ignments.shtml
here's the website, My time is on Monday during the parties and that day they are from 1-6ish (i can't remember the exact times but know it's in the middle) and everyone that I know who is rushing also have times during rush activities. It really REALLY stinks, I know they said they won't hold it against us but I would hate to get cut because they didn't get a chance to know me you know?
Old 08-10-2006, 06:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Houses at UTK

UTK sororities are preparing to build new facilities in the immediate future. Originally they were all going to build non residential condominiums around a common plaza, and the chapters could choose from 3 different sizes. Alum fundraising has been going on for several years for this. Some of the larger chapters opted out of this and decided to build traditional residential houses housing 40-50 girls instead. Most chapters at UTK have about 175 members, so underclassmen will be able to continue living on the sorority floors in the current sorority dorm, and upperclassmen will be able to live in the houses. At least 6 and I think a couple more of the 13 sororities on campus have already petitioned the university for lots, and the first groups to are hoping to break ground in early 2007. (I do not know if the ones not building houses are still doing condominiums or if all groups are now trying to build houses.) This is a very long awaited and exciting development for UTK!

As for recruitment in the current Panhellenic building- it is VERY HOT with so many excited girls in an outdated 4 story building. Plan your wardrobe accordingly!
Old 08-10-2006, 10:40 PM
GreekChat Member

THANKS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by formerlurker
As for recruitment in the current Panhellenic building- it is VERY HOT with so many excited girls in an outdated 4 story building. Plan your wardrobe accordingly!
Thanks for that note! I had wondered about that since many buildings on campus were FREEZING at orientation becasue of the heat outside. All specific advice about UTK rush is GREATLY appreciated