Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, lauren_ash0
» Online Users: 1,191
0 members and 1,191 guests
No Members online

Old 07-23-2005, 02:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool random run ins ....

i think its so great when you randomly meet a sister somewhere...
i just had a 10 minute conversation with a woman who is 45 years old and is a SK from san diego just because she saw my lavaliere and said she was one too
always at work i have constant people asking me where im a sister at, what school, and how long - because their alums, or still active ... or even from another org.

anyone else ?!

DISUSS LADIES
Old 07-23-2005, 02:38 PM
GreekChat Member

I wish I had more run-ins, but I have recently moved to Minnesota and the closest chapter is in Iowa and we don't even have an active alumnae chapter.. tear

"You used Ghostbusters for evil!" - Liz Lemon
Old 07-23-2005, 09:34 PM
GreekChat Member

I had a run in at work with a woman who stopped me when I ran in on a day I took off. I was wearing my letters & she was new. It turns out that she was a recent alum from the chapter in Fullerton, CA.

This next one was completely random. My fiance & I were at the home studio picking out our options for our new house. Another couple was already there. I kept playing w/my lavaliere b/c I was nervous about choosing options. She noticed that I looked nervous & we started to chat. I dropped my arm & she started laughing & pulled out her Sigma Kappa lavaliere from under her shirt. She was a from a Colorado chapter originally. It turns out that her & her husband bought the house 3 doors down from me. I now have a sister almost next door & we're only 2 years apart in age so it's really cool.
Old 07-23-2005, 09:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Aquastar
I never see anyone
COME SEE ME!! I WANT TO RUN IN TO SISTERS!
UMass
Amherst

"Its tradition ... and you don't monkey with tradition!"
Old 07-24-2005, 12:17 AM
GreekChat Member

If you live in Southern California I'd look for you.
Old 08-21-2005, 02:08 PM
GreekChat Member

so couple of my sisters went to disneylad as sort of "the final trip before school started" i didnt want to wear any letters but the other girls were like "come on....maybe we'll meet someone we dont know" so i gave in and wore a unlv greek tshirt that has my letters on the back. We spent literally 14 hours there and not one person came up to us. It was only when we were waiting in line to use the restroom that an alumna came up to us. I still had soap on my hands when i was introduced to an alum from cal state fullerton. we chit chatted for a couple of minutes and after she left i was told if it wasnt for our letters we wouldnt have met her.....moral of the story......
Old 08-21-2005, 04:14 PM
GreekChat Member

I recently met another sister. I guess living in CA, you meet a lot of sisters b/c this state has the most Sigma Kappa chapters.

I was relaxing at the movies w/my fiance. Another couple was sitting in front of us (neither her nor I were wearing letters). While we waited for the movie to start, I was talking about recruitment for Sigma Kappa this year. She turned around & asked me if I was a SK. I told her yes & it turns out she was a Sigma Kappa from my chapter but about 7 years prior to my time. That was pretty cool.