GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,154
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, lauren_ash0
» Online Users: 1,350
2 members and 1,348 guests
Cookiez17, JayhawkAOII

Old 10-12-2001, 01:29 AM
GreekChat Member

Brothers/sisters Serving In Our New War

dchi_pride with MORE words of wisdom. Are any of your brothers/sisters members of any Reserve/Guard units, and if so are they being called up. I have a couple of friends/brothers who serve and some are on standby. My thoughts and prayers go out to them. I want this thread to be used to give a shout to those Greeks that serve part-time. Give info (GLO, unit#, branch, location, ect.)

Much love to brother Andy O.
Delta Chi
Air National Guard
Selfridge ANGB, Mt. Clemens, MI
-Keep those C-130s flying brother!

Craig Shipway
(Independent)
Air National Guard
107th Fighter Squadron
Selfridge ANGB, Mt. Clemens, MI
-"What does an F-16 call a Mig-21: LUNCH!"

PS- My heart goes out to all those who are victims of the September 11 tragedy. Justice will be served and when it is all over the world will be a greater place. Have time, patience, and pray!

Last edited by dchi_pride; 10-12-2001 at 01:38 AM.
Old 10-12-2001, 03:40 AM

Hi everyone!!!

I haven't been around much, but I still check in every now and then. My father is a Marine so I can completely understand the anxiety that comes with knowing that someone you care about might be shipped off or is being shipped off. My father won't be leaving anytime soon and is actually hoping to retire... if they allow it to go through. (keep your fingers crossed!!!)

So, my heart goes out to all those who have left and will have to go.

Greek Love,
Shopgirl
Old 10-12-2001, 09:18 AM
GreekChat Member

My heart breaks thinking of those who have to go and those who have lost their lives serving our country in any capacity.
I kneel in awe of their courage.
Old 10-12-2001, 10:28 AM

Send a message via AIM to Angels&Arrows
Justamom, please do not let your heart break.

My father proudly served in the military (Army, Trans. Corp) for 28 years, he is now a retired Col. My husband served in the Navy for six years. I cannot speak for all the service men and women, but I can speak for both of them. They joined the military to serve their country and for 28 years and six years respectively they did that and if called upon they would do it again at a moment’s notice. I remember my father saying many times over the years that my mother and I were not to be sad if anything happened to him while he was serving his country. That if he were to ever die during war, he would die with honor serving his country, fighting for our protection and to him there was no better way to go. That knowledge gave my mother comfort during the Korean conflict, Grenada and Desert Storm.

A very good friend of mine served in the Marine Corps for four years. Before getting his MBA, he was in Somalia, and he is now inactive reserve. I spoke with him this morning to see if he had been called up for duty. He said not yet, but that he is ready.

The only thing the service men and women ask for is our support to them, while they support our country.

I am proud of all the service men and women across the world. May they stand proud and know that they are our heroes here at home!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-14-2001, 06:25 PM

One of my sisters (from my chapter) is in the Navy, and I believe her ship has been deployed.

My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone out there fighting against terrorism. Stand proud!
Old 10-16-2001, 04:10 PM
GreekChat Member

I am part of the Gamma Pi Chapter of the Gamma Phi Beta Sorority at Minnesota State University, Mankato......I am also in the Air National Guard and I am on stand by........alot of people from my base have been activated for a min. of a year. Good luck to every one who has to suffer from a brother or sister in the Guards being called up....my thoughts and prayers are with each and every brother and sister.
Love,
Amber
Old 10-16-2001, 05:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Unhappy

two members of the national guard here are shipping out this week. one of these is my TKE big bro, and another is an A XI D beau. Also, one of my AXID sisters just completed boot camp, so im sure she will be shipped out any day now.