Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, lauren_ash0
» Online Users: 1,140
1 members and 1,139 guests
No Members online

Old 08-21-2003, 09:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Kappa Sigma's Finest Hour

Speaking on behalf of the Lambda-Xi Chapter of the Kappa Sigma Fraternity, I would just like to say that, for being my first conclave, it was the most fun I have ever had. From the model initiation to the elaborate banquet, this was indeed Kappa Sigma's Finest Hour. (and not to mention all the beauty pagent contestants that were staying there) Not only was the conclave great but I really enjoyed getting to meet all of my brothers from around the United States and Canada. It is so great to see that Kappa Sigma is about nothing but the best. I would also like to extend congratulations to all of the award winners. I was especially excited when it was announced that Lambda-Xi had won the FACE award (along with 14 other awards, which was the most awards won by a chapter east of the Mississippi). To be part of such a successful chapter makes me proud every day that I am a Kappa Sigma. This will surely help out with our rush this fall. I also want to wish the best of luck to the newly elected SEC. Champions Quest, Brothers in Action, and A Greater Cause sound like great programs that can only make Kappa Sigma even stronger. I also want to give special congratulations to Lambda-Xi's own H. Phillip Bell IV on being elected Worthy Grand Master of Ceremonies. I know that he and the other brothers on the SEC will lead Kappa Sigma into a bright future. Again, I just want to say that this will be an experience that I will not soon forget, and I hope to be back in Las Vegas in 2005!

A.E.K.D.B.

Last edited by KappaSig1018; 01-20-2005 at 02:24 PM.
Old 08-22-2003, 04:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to docetboy Send a message via Yahoo to docetboy
Brother Stockstill, it is great to hear that Conclave was a huge success. I was unfortunately not able to intend, and I regret that.

I have taken a look at the IMH webpage today and have discovered they have released the new version of the Bononia Docet and put it on the public site. I am reading it over and discovering knowledge that was not in my Docet from last year, some of which I had found reading old editions of the Caduceus, some of which I have never seen before (example, page 15). This copy of Bononia Docet gets rid of the typo's in my edition, as well as sharing a little more information about our Bologna Heritage.

I have also noticed on Brothers Services there are now videos available of Conclave, of which I will check out soon...I am very interested of seeing this video of Kappa Sigma's finest hour. I am also excited to see the fraternity actively pursuit Steven Alonzo Jackson's goal for our beloved fraternity:

"May we not rest contendly until the Star and Crescent is the pride of every college and university in the land!"

Here is to Kappa Sigma!!!

Semper, and most importantly

A. E. K. D. B.

Terry L. Salmi
Gamma-Nu Chapter, Bond 1304
Washburn University of Topeka, KS
Currently at home in Bellevue, NE

Old 08-25-2003, 08:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Congrats on attending Conclave, and glad you had a great time.

I was at Memphis a couple of years ago, and it was a lot of fun - the nightlife was great, and the sessions were pretty good.

Congrats on the FACE award as well - coming from a chapter that has won a few, it is quite an honor, and one you should be proud of.

The best part though is meeting the Kappa Sigs from across the country - it's great to see and hear different ways of running a chapter, and meeting brothers from all over.

AEKDB
Collin