GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Risk Management - Hazing & etc.
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Risk Management - Hazing & etc. This forum covers Risk Management topics such as: Hazing, Alcohol Abuse/Awareness, Date Rape Awareness, Eating Disorder Prevention, Liability, etc.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,154
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, lauren_ash0
» Online Users: 1,515
0 members and 1,515 guests
No Members online

Old 10-15-2002, 03:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to Katey Alpha Gam Send a message via AIM to Katey Alpha Gam Send a message via Yahoo to Katey Alpha Gam
rise in sexual assaults?

Has anyone else noticed a big jump in sexual assaults on your campus this year? What is your campus doing to help combat the issue of sexual assault?
Old 10-15-2002, 03:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to James Send a message via AIM to James
At the campuses that I know about there hasn't been a rise in sexual assaults, there has been a rise in police reportings of them and a rise in coverage.

Are you sure there is a definitive percentage rise in the amount of them? And its not just a fluke in this year?

Usually you need a multi year trend to really see if assaults are rising.
Old 10-15-2002, 04:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to Katey Alpha Gam Send a message via AIM to Katey Alpha Gam Send a message via Yahoo to Katey Alpha Gam
I just meant rise as in at my campus all of a sudden when sexual assaults were pretty rare and something you never were worried about, all of a sudden I know of 4 girls personally in the greek community who have been sexually assaulted in the past 3 weeks by fraternity men. And it's not like its just a fluke that I know a lot of people this time, many people, including our greek advisor have noticed it. We were never seriously concerned about our safety until this year. Reporting isn't on the rise about it either, everything else is about the same, girls just seem to be getting assaulted more all of a sudden.

Last edited by Katey Alpha Gam; 10-15-2002 at 04:06 PM.