GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Gamma Delta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

» GC Stats
Members: 326,161
Threads: 115,586
Welcome to our newest member, BillWitt27
» Online Users: 872
0 members and 872 guests
No Members online

Old 10-08-2001, 01:24 AM
Unregistered-

Unhappy Taking a break.

Sisters,

After a difficult past few months, Brady and I have ended our relationship.

The situation's been so tough and right now I'm going to concentrate on getting my life back together. We don't know if this "break" is "for good", but I just feel horrible right now and I'll be taking some time off to be by myself and see what goes on from there. Brady says that he'll be doing the same too.

I'd like to get back together with him and I hated to see this end, but I don't know if I'm feeling this way because it only happened today or what....

I've taken time off from work and I'll be going to school on a need-to-go-only-if-I-need-to-go basis. I'll also be gone from GC for a while because it won't be on my priority list.

Rest assured that my chapter sisters are already here for me and I am so thankful that I have sisters like them and like you.

I think I'm going to take a walk now. I need to get out of this place.

Loyally in ETT,
Sandy
Old 10-08-2001, 09:26 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to LeslieAGD
Sandy, I know you won't see this for a while, but know that we are always here for you! I'm sorry to hear that you are going through this situation and my prayers go out to you!

L&L,
Leslie
Old 10-08-2001, 11:15 AM
GreekChat Member

Sandy,

I'm so sorry. I know things are very difficult right now, but trust that it will get better with each passing day. I'll be praying for you.

We love you and we're here for you whenever you need us.

Loyally,
Maria
Old 10-08-2001, 06:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Sandy,

My thoughts are with you, hope things get better soon!

LiEP
Nina
Old 10-08-2001, 06:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to JenAGD Send a message via Yahoo to JenAGD
Sandy,

Your sisters here on GC will be here for you when you return. You are doing the best thing possible by putting yourself first for a while.

Jen
Old 10-08-2001, 07:52 PM
GreekChat Member

I agree with the others! Take care of yourself!!

Old 10-09-2001, 08:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ees125
Sometimes the best thing possible is to make time for yourself. We are always here for you.

LIEP,
Erica
Old 10-09-2001, 01:09 PM

Send a message via AIM to Sue_XO Send a message via Yahoo to Sue_XO
OTW-
The Chi-O's are here for you if you need a shoulder to lean on or an ear to listen. You may be on your own now but you control your own destiny now and knowing how strong of a person you are... it can only end up in a success.

Greek Love (and miss you) Sue
Old 10-09-2001, 01:39 PM
Super Moderator

OTW--

You take care of yourself and stay as busy as you can. Concentrate on school, work, AGD, anything that keeps your mind and body busy.
Old 10-09-2001, 01:45 PM
UMgirl

Sandy,

I hope annd I know things will get better for you soon!

LIEP,

Tonya

Last edited by UMgirl; 10-09-2001 at 02:20 PM.
Old 10-09-2001, 09:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Lisa Fishman
Sandy- I'll be thinking about you. Take care of yourself first. I know from my own experience that college life is tough. When you come back you will be refreshed. LiEP, Lisa

Last edited by Lisa Fishman; 11-12-2002 at 08:33 PM.
Old 10-11-2001, 01:34 AM
Unregistered-

Talking Thank you so much.

Dear Sisters and Friends!

Thank you so much for your kind words of encouragement. Though the days aren't getting easier, they're definitely getting more bearable.

I've seen Brady once since Sunday, but that was just to drop off my essentials. He also called again tonight to see what I was up to and to tell me that he had my Blockbuster card. LOL. We didn't really touch on the status of our relationship...and I think it's understood that it's still too early to determine anything. He still seems reserved about the situation, so we'll talk when we're both ready to. This weekend we'll be doing stuff separately with our friends...and I can't wait because Dave and Buster's just opened last weekend and my friends all told me that it'll be their treat! One of our problems was that we weren't spending enough time with our own friends, and so it'll be great to reconnect with them again. We've had cordial conversations with each other so far, so at least the bickering has stopped. Although I am very terrified that he or even I may choose to move on, there's still that glimmer of hope that things can be worked out. Right now I am more frustrated than angry...and more confused than vengeful.

It's still hard though...I haven't had a decent meal since Saturday because I haven't had an appetite. It's weird not eating rice for so long! My mom's worried because all I've had to eat in the past few days are crackers, soup, and croissants. I've had a hard time sleeping too, so my mom gives me some Tylenol PM at night so that I'll have a good night's sleep.

I've requested extra hours at work so that'll keep me busy for a while. It doesn't help that midterms are here, but that's one more thing that's helping me not think of the situation! Each time I even try and feel sorry for myself, I can't help but think how selfish I am when I realize that there are others who are facing more difficult situations.

Some of you have emailed me and PM me and I just wanted to thank you too!

Oh well, back to my darned Japanese History essay.

Life is definitely very confusing.

Loyally,
Sandy
Old 10-12-2001, 09:12 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to LeslieAGD
Sandy, you're taking it one day at a time and that's what's important. Take care; you are always with us in spirit!
Old 10-16-2001, 10:30 PM
Unregistered-

Hey gang,

Another update on my drama...

First of all, thank you Lynn for the beautiful card. You don't know how happy I was when I got it in the mail. You truly live the meaning of *ALOHA*.

After a long night of partying Friday night, Brady found himself on the balcony of a Waikiki hotel room Saturday morning because his friend decided to "get lucky" with some random tourist from Indiana. Being a good friend he left the couple alone and slept on the balcony. Hung over and not having enough cash to catch a cab or the info to catch a bus home, he calls me for a ride home. Of course I flat out refused, and he really felt bad for calling me, but I felt sorry for him and Dustin and agreed to go and get him (even though I was hurting after my share of partying). Plus, it was a great opportunity to get my shoes from his house. Things are cordial, we didn't talk about our relationship, and we agreed to get together to talk soon. I didn't know that soon meant SOON!

So Sunday comes along and I am again hurting from Saturday night. I get a phone call asking me if I want to come over and talk. Naturally I'm scared because I don't know what's going to happen, but because I'm missing him so much I agree to come over. We spent all of Sunday talking, and I learned that he does still care about me and he doesn't want "us" to end, but he needs some time apart, at least until the anger and frustration simmers down. He told me that he's finally going to take some "Brady" time now that his leave's over, and so hopefully that'll help. There was so much tension between us, the kind where you just want to run to each other and hold each other and not let go, but we both felt that it was smart to still keep that distance for a while. I left his house Sunday evening on good terms with him, and we agreed again that we would get together again soon.

It's still hard to wake up in the morning, and I still have a hard time eating, but at least we're making the effort to get along again, and hopefully get back together again...in due time.

Tonight is our Scholarship Banquet and it's being sponsored by our alumnae because WE GOT PI! I can't wait to see my sisters again. Tomorrow night they're having a special Sandy movie night at a sister's apartment because they felt that I needed to have fun again. How's that for sisterhood?

Thank you all again for being so supportive and reading my posts! If you can't tell, I definitely love being an Alpha Gam.

Loyally in EP,
Sandy
Delta Sigma
Old 10-16-2001, 10:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to The1calledTKE Send a message via Yahoo to The1calledTKE
Glad things are getting better!! And it will get even better day by day. I wil keep my prayers with ya til you are back to the crazy wild OTW of old.