GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Kappa Alpha
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

» GC Stats
Members: 326,151
Threads: 115,578
Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 1,540
2 members and 1,538 guests
shadokat

Old 06-13-2001, 12:15 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Alias_01
Post Hypothetical question?

Ok this question is only meant for fun so if I offend I apologize in advance. :-)

OK lets say that when you are in high school or an old neighborhood and you did not get along with a certain girl or group of girls and that feeling stayed until you where no longer in that area, like you went to college or moved. If years later you meet again and come to find out that you two are sorority sisters..how would u react? Would you show her love despite past beef. I know women who hold grudges forever..what about you?

Peace and Love

p.s. I know this sounds like the plot to an episode of a sitcom..but I've heard of this happening.

And I did search first but didn't find anything. :-)
Old 06-13-2001, 09:12 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to kitten03
I would hope that between the time in high school and college these people have matured. Whatever the purpose or reason for this beef should take a backseat to your new experiences with this person as a sister instead of an enemy. While there may have been things that have caused beef between you and her, the new reality is that she is a sister to you. That old stuff should be laid aside. Why would anyone want to stay mad at someone their entire life? There's too much to do in the world than hold a grudge. Actually, I'd let it go regardless of the situation. I consider myself too old (a mere 20 in July) to carry on like a 16 year old in high school . Now if she wants to continue it, that's a different situation but I would just kill her with kindness.
Old 06-13-2001, 09:12 AM
Banned

Thumbs up

Forgive and forget, it dosen't mean that you guys have to become best friends though.
Old 06-13-2001, 10:11 AM
GreekChat Member

She would be my sister. That makes us FAMILY...so I would love her, but that doesn't mean I have to like her...

------------------
"I am not yet the author of my life; I am still it's unenlightened protagonist"
---Unknown