GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Kappa > Kappa Alpha Theta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

» GC Stats
Members: 326,186
Threads: 115,581
Welcome to our newest member, Candida
» Online Users: 1,481
0 members and 1,481 guests
No Members online

Old 03-03-2007, 11:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Kites on the horizon at UNF!

Our most excellent sisterhood of Kappa Alpha Theta will be expanding this spring at the University of North Florida!

Yay for another Theta chapter!
Old 03-03-2007, 06:08 PM
GreekChat Member

I just saw this on UNF's website. I had no idea they were open to expansion. KD came in 2003, when I was a student there. Apparently, the greek community has exploded! Very cool. I am excited to watch what happens.
Old 03-07-2007, 04:23 PM
GreekChat Member

That's wonderful news!
Old 03-09-2007, 10:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Update

The women at UNF received bids on Wednesday night. We have 92 new colony members. I'm so excited for these women!
Old 03-12-2007, 12:26 AM
GreekChat Member

Wooo 92 new members!? That's great!

Does anyone know how/when they announce where colonization is expected? I heard about UNF on GC way before there was anything on the Theta website. And are there any more colonizations/reactivations upcoming for fall? I'm happy to see new chapters, but I would love to see some of our closed ones reopened!
Kappa Alpha Theta "The Fraternity was always second in my mind to coeducation. It was organized to help the girls win out in their fight to stay in college on a man's campus. We had to make a place for women in a man's world, and the Fraternity was one means to that bigger end." -Bettie Locke Hamilton
Old 03-12-2007, 09:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Extension Announcements

It might have something to do with when the webmaster has a chance to post the update.

I'm on the district team for District 5 and I believe that Theta was notified just before our DLC. They announced it to us at our district team meeting at DLC and then announced it to all the chapter members in attendance. Local alumnae were notified immediately after that.

Also, I think we might normally have a little longer time between the announcement and the events than we did this time. The decision was communicated to Theta in early February and the colonization events happened last week. That's quick! I think UNF was anxious to get the chosen group instated so they would be ready for formal recruitment this fall.
Old 03-20-2007, 03:05 AM
GreekChat Member

This is great news! Back in 2000 Theta colonized at UCF and now we're at UNF. I love to see Theta growing in the South. I believe that we will now have 4 chapters in Florida!

As an aside - I would love to see a state get close to California's 17 college chapters. Texas & Ohio each have 7 chapters and that seems to be the next highest level.
Old 03-20-2007, 03:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackngoldengrl View Post
And are there any more colonizations/reactivations upcoming for fall? I'm happy to see new chapters, but I would love to see some of our closed ones reopened!
I agree, new growth is wonderful, but it's so nice to hear about chapters returning to a campus. I remember reading about Beta Theta returning to Idaho in 2001 and thinking how great it was for both the new members and the Beta Theta alumnae.
Old 04-08-2007, 11:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile UNF Theta

I am a founding member of the Eta Omicron chapter and it's wonderful to read how much all of you support us. Our initiation is the 20th of April and we are all very excited.

Theta Love
Old 04-09-2007, 12:42 AM
GreekChat Member

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am so happy for you, and all of our new Theta sisters in Florida! Enjoy initiation. It's a beautiful ceremony.

Theta Love and Mine!!!
Old 04-23-2007, 09:02 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to thetaliz
To UNF Thetas

On behalf of the Eta Theta chapter at UCF, congratulations on your initiation! I know many of our sisters were there, and many more wanted to be there (we were only allowed to take so many sisters). I heard the ceremony was truly amazing. We're all so happy to have you as sisters!
Old 05-10-2007, 11:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Congratulations and welcome to our Theta sisterhood!

Enjoy this special time in your young chapter's life. I look back so fondly on my days as a charter member of Zeta Omega...I know you're having a great time!

Theta Love!!
Christiane
Old 05-11-2007, 11:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThetaSis2GPhiB View Post
This is great news! Back in 2000 Theta colonized at UCF and now we're at UNF. I love to see Theta growing in the South. I believe that we will now have 4 chapters in Florida!

As an aside - I would love to see a state get close to California's 17 college chapters. Texas & Ohio each have 7 chapters and that seems to be the next highest level.
I still want to see Theta colonize at more colleges/universities in the state of Kentucky-----I want more Thetas to be where I live hehe
Old 05-29-2007, 12:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Thank you for your support! As one of my chapter sisters stated before, we were installed as a chapter on April 22nd!!! We installed the chapter with 87 sisters! It was such an awesome experience!!!! My personal thanks goes out to the Theta sisters at UF and UCF who were a great help during the ceremony and the weekend!

Old 04-22-2008, 05:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Today Eta Omicron is celebrating their 1 year anniversary as a chapter of Kappa Alpha Theta!