Members: 326,146
Threads: 115,590
Welcome to our newest member, LoganX7
» Online Users: 1,370
1 members and 1,369 guests
Xidelt

Old 02-04-2004, 02:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to breathesgelatin Send a message via AIM to breathesgelatin Send a message via MSN to breathesgelatin Send a message via Yahoo to breathesgelatin
Thumbs up Describe your badge thread!

I just realized we don't have a thread where we can tell about our badges!

In terms of the badges I own (other than the honor badge and President's badge), I just have the plain initiate's badge--though that may be changing soon! I have the solid crest guard.

I did have some dangles but they walked off! I am planning on getting the Membership dangle, President's dangle, and maybe some others. I notice that some websites have more officer dangles that what Pi Phi offers--ie, they have an Efficiency Chair and things like that. Are we allowed to use non-Pi Phi ones from general Greek stores?

What standards do your chapters hold members to for the scholarship dangle? I don't think anyone in my chapter has ever bought one...
Old 02-04-2004, 02:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: "...maybe tomorrow I'm gonna settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on."
Send a message via AIM to Lady Pi Phi
Right now I just have the standard badge. I would really like to get a jeweled on though. The one with Sapphires and Pearls (Sapphire is my birthstone)
Old 02-04-2004, 03:41 PM
GreekChat Member

I have my plain badge from initiation and the crown pearl badge that my mom bought me for Christmas my first year in Pi Phi.

I want to get the pierced crest guard. I currently have the corresponding secretary dangle and the scholarship dangle. For our chapter you have to have a 3.14 to have the scholarship dangle. I am planning on getting the recording secretary dangle and the Panhellenic dangle.

I did have the recording secretary's badge but I had to pass it on to the new secretary. I never wore it though because I like my pearled badge!
Old 02-04-2004, 04:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to erniegurl00 Send a message via Yahoo to erniegurl00
I used to have a plain badge, but I gave it to a sister. Her little deactivated and walked off with it.

The one I wear is a pearl and diamond one. The pearls on in the shaft and the diamond is in the tip. I have a crest guard and three dangles: VP Social, Rho Chi, and Academic Pearl.
Old 02-04-2004, 05:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to breathesgelatin Send a message via AIM to breathesgelatin Send a message via MSN to breathesgelatin Send a message via Yahoo to breathesgelatin
We definately need to start using the scholarship dangles?

What about dangles that aren't sold on the Pi Phi website?

For example:
Sportswear Chair

Big Sister

Last edited by breathesgelatin; 02-04-2004 at 05:40 PM.
Old 02-04-2004, 06:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: "...maybe tomorrow I'm gonna settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on."
Awwww....I want the big sister dangle. Do they have a seperate one for little sister?
Old 02-04-2004, 09:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to dakareng
I have the plain badge I was initiated with. My parents bought me a jeweled badge (pearls/ sapphire) for my 21st birthday (ah, yes, it's good to have sisters in the chapter with you... they managed to buy one for each of us and have it be a surprise). I have the pierced crest guard for the jeweled pin.

I now wear a Director's Badge which is a replica of an early badge (instead of the standard length, it is 1 1/2 inches in length. I don't have it jewelled yet but will do so, as soon as I find someone locally to put the jewels on. I wear the CPP guard with it. Province officer guards are the center part of the crest (the eagle) with CPP superimposed. Grand Council badges have white enamel wings but Director badges are gold
Old 02-04-2004, 11:47 PM
Super Moderator

Mine has opals and they're not milky white like my big's were--they're actually wine and blue! I adore my badge! And it has a Gamma guard for (yes, you can laugh, Angels&Arrows!) Alabama Gamma.

Back in the day, no one was initiated with a plain pin unless you ordered it that way. We sat down with detailed catalogs in the late fall and custom-ordered our pins. I guess we could do that because we had so much time before initiation since we had to wait a semester for grades. Anyway, a lot of my pledge sisters got their birthstones in their badges--we had several who had emeralds or turquoises or sapphires.

I got an extra one off eBay awhile back for my future Pi Phi daughter . It's got 8 pearls and a sapphire in the tip.
Old 02-05-2004, 09:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Lady Pi Phi
Awwww....I want the big sister dangle. Do they have a seperate one for little sister?
I think it's precious, too.

You can check--they have about a jillion different kinds of dangles here.

How expensive is it to get your badge jeweled individually? This is something I'd seriously consider, but it hinges on me developing a savings account (ie, graduating from college!).
Old 02-12-2004, 04:39 PM
GreekChat Member

I have the new aquamarine and garnet badge with the diamond point. I got it from Santa for Christmas, but I actually just got it a few weeks ago because it was on backorder. It is so beautiful... Santa did a great job picking it out! I hope my little sister is a Pi Phi... that way I can get her the legacy badge with the two pearls.

Okay... I tried twice, but I can't do the pictures. You can see them on the website or someone cool can post them for me!

ETA:

Someone like.... breathesgelatin????

haha... As a mod I invade my sister's post!

Oh... and if you sister transfers to W&L, she is so going to be a Pi Phi! She has no choice.

Last edited by breathesgelatin; 02-12-2004 at 10:51 PM.
Old 07-19-2004, 03:53 PM
GreekChat Member

... bump ...

Thought we needed to bring back some positive discussion about badges ...

Mine is the same as jharb's with the "eight white pearls from the ocean deep." I love the ones with alternating aquamarines and rubies, and I'd love to see carnation's with the wine and blue opals!
Old 07-19-2004, 04:01 PM
GreekChat Member

As I poster earlier in this thread I just have the standard badge.

But I would love something like this one

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...921991473&rd=1

I think it's so beautiful and I have never seen another one like it.
Old 07-19-2004, 07:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to piphimaggie
I have the basic badge and this one which has the crest guard attached to it along w/ 2 scholarship dangles, historian, and a panhellenic delegate dangle My mom (unaffiliated) bought me the diamond one as a birthday gift my 1st year in PiPhi
Old 07-20-2004, 07:38 AM
GreekChat Member

Re: ebay badge

Quote:
Originally posted by Wine&SilverBlue
yeah! ive been tracking the opal one on ebay... im thinking about bidding on it... especially since it comes w/ a BETA chapter guard and im a MO Beta!!!

I hope it doesnt go for too much.... and my bday is in less than a month!!!

my ebay name is Jennie084 so if you see me bidding on it dont worry... it'd be going to a fellow pi phi

were any of you guys planning to bid on that pin?

if i dont win it, i was thinking about getting either the pearl one or the aquamarine/garnet one....

Don't worry about me. I won't bid on it. They don't ship to Canada.