» Online Users: 1,201
4 members and 1,197 guests
Cookiez17, navane

Old 09-09-2004, 05:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to opamualumni Send a message via Yahoo to opamualumni
Smile Wanting to Join

Hello all!

I happen to find the website to Beta Sigma Phi today by accident because I was just so bored at work. But after I found the website I wasnt bored for long. I havent even heard of this sorority but what I do know I love. I am an alumni of Omega Phi Alpha Sorority and think that Beta Sigma Phi has alot to offer me.

What my question is: does anyone know if there are chapters in the Philadelphia area? Trenton area?

Also, if anyone wants to let me know more about the sorority and pledging process etc. please let me know. I contacted Nationals and they will be sending me some information soon.

Thanks
Anika
Old 09-10-2004, 01:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Hi Anika!

Welcome to the Beta board! I'm so glad you are interested in learning more about our sorority. I've only been a pledge since June, but I love being a Beta and being with my sisters!

You're in luck. The Torch (our magazine) this month has all the Beta chapters currently in existence.

In Philadelphia:
Laureate Epsilon Chi
Kappa Master

In Trenton (NJ, I'm assuming, I'm a west coast girl!):
Alpha Epsilon
Xi Alpha
Xi Alpha Gamma
Preceptor Alpha

There are a few Beta sisters who frequent this board who are from Pennsylvania, so they might provide more assistance. Hope that helps!
Old 09-10-2004, 11:34 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to opamualumni Send a message via Yahoo to opamualumni
thank you for giving me that information!
Old 09-10-2004, 01:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to OPAGal
I was also in Omega Phi Alpha sorority and am now in Beta Sigma Phi! I'm in KY and currently don't have a chapter though. It's a great organization.
Old 09-11-2004, 10:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Welcome!!! Welome!!! It's great to hear of a new prospective member My best advice is to be patient. Joining Beta Sigma Phi can be as quick as a phone call or it can be a rather drawn out process. It depends on the chapter activity in your area.

Erica
Order of the Rose recipient
Old 09-11-2004, 04:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Measi Send a message via Yahoo to Measi
Definitely be patient-- I'm finding that out.
Old 11-05-2004, 04:23 PM
GreekChat Member

I also, stumbled across the site link from a discussion here on GC a few months ago. I requested infomation, and just this week, I recieved an invitation to a meeting from the Laureate Rho chapter in Houston. I'm very excited. My biggest concern is an age gap, since from what I've come to understand is that a Laureate chapter would have many long established members. Does anyone have any advice?
Old 11-08-2004, 10:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Exclamation Beta

Did u find out any information about joining? Have you met up with the philadelphia chapter?
Old 11-09-2004, 01:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Buttonz Send a message via MSN to Buttonz Send a message via Yahoo to Buttonz
Freebecky... Come join us in the SDT fourm

Patriae Multae Spes Una
Old 01-05-2005, 03:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Well i didn't want to start a whole new thread, but here is my progress so far. I have made contact with an ROJ chapter, and have been scheduled to meet with them a few times, but have been unable to, then the holiday's rolled around, and all was quiet. But I'm invited to their meeting next week so I'm really excited, to finally meet them. I have spoken to one of the ladies several times, and she seems great. I've also been working to get the AST alumnae chapter here up a running again! Hope all goes well!
Old 01-05-2005, 04:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to OkieRose Send a message via Yahoo to OkieRose
Hi! This is my first time to post; I've been lurking quite a bit. Do you have a group of friends (minimum 7) that you think might be interested? If so, you can always do a friendly venture with another group in the area if they are willing. A group of us are doing a FV with a sorority here.

I can tell you from talking with some of the sisters here in my workplace that Beta has so much to offer, and we are so excited about pledging.

Good luck!

Last edited by OkieRose; 01-05-2005 at 04:34 PM.
Old 01-14-2005, 04:45 PM
GreekChat Member

So I finally met up with a chapter here in Houston! They really seemed like a great group of women. I came to their chapter meeting. I hope to get to meet them for a social event soon. My one question is that when I was leaving they gave me an application for membership, so does that mean I've been invited to pledge?? They didn't say anything so I'm not too sure. I was gonna email the VP and ask, but I don't want to seem weird.
Old 01-14-2005, 05:00 PM
GreekChat Member

I went to two or three social events with my chapter during the summer and then was given a membership application on the first chapter meeting I went to. They had asked me to join prior to this though. So it COULD be your invite I'd check with that chapter's membership person or president to make sure.
Old 01-14-2005, 10:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to BlondeArcAngels
The first time that I meet the wonderful ladies of my chapter at the end of thier meeting I was given a membership form and asked until I handed in the form if I was going to join. I think that it all depends on the women and how you present yourself. I wish you all the luck. Maybe we can share stories because I am still a newbie, and yet to receive ROJ.

Stephanie
Old 02-24-2005, 01:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SDTSarah
I'm going to try to join, too! The only thing that worries me is the age thing...it seems like a lot of the members are older. (Not that it's a bad thing, I just don't know if I'll fit in.)

Any advice?

Oh, and I e-mailed BSP a few years ago, but nothing ever came of it.