GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,154
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, lauren_ash0
» Online Users: 1,317
0 members and 1,317 guests
No Members online

Old 04-27-2004, 02:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Yucky tasks...

I just started this thread because I think we need a place to complain about our tasks that we are forced to do that we don't want to do... I'll start with

I HAVE JURY DUTY TOMORROW !!!!!!!! EWWWWW
Old 04-27-2004, 02:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Re: Yucky tasks...

Quote:
Originally posted by Glitter650
I HAVE JURY DUTY TOMORROW !!!!!!!! EWWWWW
If you get on a jury, I bet you will love it! I really did. Very, very interesting if you get a criminal case.

Don't know how your system works, but take a BOOK! It can take hours to get through the first day around here.
Old 04-27-2004, 05:39 AM
GreekChat Member

In San Antonio you can actually exempt yourself from jury duty if you arent (am reading from the summons my roomate got today) "of sound mind and good moral character."

I'm as sane as they get, but am a bastard, a drunkard and a fool. Think that excuse would work?
Old 04-27-2004, 07:12 AM
GreekChat Member

the best i could give you is changing the cat box.
Old 04-27-2004, 07:52 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AlethiaSi
Exclamation a note about juries....

in regards to jury duty- all i can do is PLEAD with you to please please pay attention to what is going on in the courtroom... i know its hard and annoying and ihaven't gone through jury duty yet- but my mom just settled in her lawsuit against this truck company that didn't tie down the metal rods in the back of an open truck- and one hit her car- and she spent the last 3 years getting rehabilitated because she was permanently injured from the whiplash... her chiropracter/acupuncture wasn't effective enough- and she sunk into a deep depression- barelly able to get out of bed- eventually she had to have a major major surgery where they took bone from her hip and fused it to the C4 and C5 of her spinal column... its taken her a year to recouperate and her medical bills were over 70,000 dollars....

literally- her lawyer blew the defense away- and the owner of the company got on the witness stand and said they were at fault... my mom ended up settling- but right before the jury settled- and the gave my mom ZERO- NADA- ZILCH- and when questioned by my moms lawyer later- they couldn't even tell the defense witnesses from the prosecutions.... its an outrage- they weren't even paying attention and they only deliberated for 30 minutes....

long story short... please please pay attention and deliberate to the best of your ability...

my mom has been ruined by her accident... so just think about if that was one of your family members up there- etc etc....

thank you....
Old 04-27-2004, 09:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to swissmiss04
I know I must be insane, but I'd love to get jury duty. My uncle was on a federal grand jury for a while and told me the most interesting stories (what he could tell, anyways). I wonder sometimes where they get juries when someone does a heinous crime and gets barely a slap on the wrist. A friend of my family was murdered 10 years ago and the guy who did it got maybe 10 years, even though he had a rap sheet as long as your arm. It was totally premeditated and in cold blood (motivation was robbery) and it definitely disturbed the city because he was only 16 and was a "model" person. I think it would be interesting to be involved in the pursuit of justice. If it can even be found, that is.
Old 04-27-2004, 07:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Well I didn't even get questioned but they kept me there from 10 am until like 3:30... but I'm exempt for another year it was a civil case (not criminal) so no worries about criminals finding my home.

Today's complaint I have to do Laundry and it's HOT outside I hate folding warm laundry in hot weather.... although in the winter nothing's like grabbing the laundry form the dryer and burying your face in it for a second... so comforting or something... or is that just really weird ??

Last edited by Glitter650; 04-28-2004 at 05:14 AM.
Old 04-27-2004, 07:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to swissmiss04
Yeah. On exceptionally cold days I run my clothes thru the dryer while I'm taking a shower. Feels sooooo good!!!!!
Old 04-27-2004, 08:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Oh my gosh Glitter650, can we please talk about how dang HOT it is here in Los Angeles right now? It is 5:00 and I am guessing it is still in the 90s!! WTF? I live 10 blocks from the ocean!! So, I feel with you on the heat...doing anything in this kind of weather is wretched! Damn those Santa Ana winds...