Threads: 115,576
Welcome to our newest member, Candida
» Online Users: 1,268
2 members and 1,266 guests
No Members online

Old 08-22-2024, 08:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Trump attacks Divine Nine

" In an interview with radio host Hugh Hewitt, Trump called the boulé, when a sorority’s entire membership over the years assembles together, a “party.”

“She went actually, to a party,” said Trump. “And you know that she went to a sorority, sorority party and a very unimportant one. They have them numerous times during the year. It’s a shame.”

I'm sure that will go very well for him.

https://www.wane.com/news/trump-atta...cdtj_ACw4FpdFw
Old 08-22-2024, 09:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Do you read Margaret and Helen? I have subscribed to their letter for many years. Today’s was the best one yet vis-a-vis Trump. Let me quote just one small paragraph:

“All of you Republicans out there. I just have to ask you. Aren’t you tired? The hate and negativity of Trump has to be exhausting.”

Frankly, I am beyond disgusted with Trump and anyone who supports him. When he says horrible things and is called out on it, he doubles down. The stupidity still astonishes me.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity
Old 08-22-2024, 09:13 PM
GreekChat Member

He’s just afraid. Fear is typical of a white supremacist. Not a big deal to me. He’s wasting his time and energy because we’re not going anywhere.
Old 08-22-2024, 09:30 PM
GreekChat Member

We need to hope The 2024 Electoral College goes the right way, steering clear of the 2016 Electoral College mishap.

It's only words, and words are all I have to take your heart away.
Old 08-22-2024, 10:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyBoy View Post
He’s just afraid. Fear is typical of a white supremacist. Not a big deal to me. He’s wasting his time and energy because we’re not going anywhere.
Fear is what put his dumbass in office to begin with. Now he’s saying he played football with OJ and that OJ thanked him for playing football with a black man, and shed a tear. Y’all read that one? The clown is a fucking mental case.
Old 08-23-2024, 10:39 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrozen Sands View Post
LMFAO!!!! I hit the floor Lol! Somebody needs to delete CG’s post before the feds track her down and come get her. Delete mine too for quoting her. I hollered!
Joy. Positivity. Inclusion. Sheesh.
Old 08-23-2024, 10:45 AM
Super Moderator

Y'all please don't post anything else that could get us "unwelcome attention" because we already got it once in recent weeks.
Old 08-23-2024, 11:15 AM
GreekChat Member

Back on Topic

"Drawing on the dedication to community service their organizations pride themselves on, Black Greek life members told Salon they feel inspired by what a potential Harris presidency makes possible for their advocacy in service of their sororities' and fraternities' missions."

https://www.salon.com/2024/08/23/the...kamala-harris/
Old 08-23-2024, 11:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheerio View Post
We need to hope The 2024 Electoral College goes the right way, steering clear of the 2016 Electoral College mishap.
I agree. Everybody is all hyped up over Kamala Harris, but she still might not win. She’ll win the popular vote, but she might not win the Electoral College. Whoever wins this election, it’ll be a shit show, either way. We all know what another Trump presidency will look like. That’s the issue with that side. The issue with the other side will be about four years of the backlash that only comes with a black president, but also the extreme backlash that will come with a black woman president, which will more likely than not be about violence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrozen Sands View Post
Fear is what put his dumbass in office to begin with.
Yeah, so after two terms, Obama was replaced by Donald Trump because Trump had installed himself as the leader of the growing movement of the same backlash we’re going to get if Harris wins. Trump pretty much embraced the frustration of those who believed they had been left behind by Washington elites, to them, ignoring their economic and cultural needs and who believed they occupied an America forever changed from the one that older white Americans remembered, and younger white Americans had once imagined they would grow old in.
Old 08-23-2024, 12:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDL66 View Post
QFP

Not lost on me is the quote in Cheerful Greek's signature line:

Let’s be respectful of our differences
Lol and since when has that happened in this country? It hasn’t. But let’s be respectful of what Carnation posted and stay on topic. You can pm me if you want to debate about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach View Post
Yeah, so after two terms, Obama was replaced by Donald Trump because Trump had installed himself as the leader of the growing movement of the same backlash we’re going to get if Harris wins. Trump pretty much embraced the frustration of those who believed they had been left behind by Washington elites, to them, ignoring their economic and cultural needs and who believed they occupied an America forever changed from the one that older white Americans remembered, and younger white Americans had once imagined they would grow old in.
This! All facts!
Old 08-23-2024, 12:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDL66 View Post
Joy. Positivity. Inclusion. Sheesh.
Do you only come out of the woodwork during election years when you can insult "liberals" and hope that John McCain will bring another Theta back to the White House?
Old 08-23-2024, 02:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzgirl View Post
Do you only come out of the woodwork during election years when you can insult "liberals" and hope that John McCain will bring another Theta back to the White House?
Whoever she is, she isn’t a Theta. Read her post history. Yikes.

ETA: doing everything possible in my limited sphere of influence to ensure there isn’t a repeat of 2016. And if you’re not worried, you’re not paying attention. Look at the SCOTUS, people. Our republic is in serious danger.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity
Old 08-23-2024, 04:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDL666 View Post
QFP

Not lost on me is the quote in Cheerful Greek's signature line:

Let’s be respectful of our differences
Aww, how sweet. I got my first QFP! Thank you SO much! You’re the best!

Well, there are no differences, really. There are only individual personality differences because we are all unique in our own way. Biologically, there are none. We look like we do based on geographical location on Earth. Trump is a bigot, and because you support him, that automatically makes you one, too, whether consciously or subconsciously. Oh, and the Earth isn’t flat. You seem kind of stupid, so I just wanted to add that to my response, just in case you’re one of those, too.

So anyway, back to biology and geography. Are you aware that during WWII there was a sick man like Trump who also said “they are destroying the blood of our nation”, and who was also too dumb to understand simple science? As a result, well over 6 million innocent people were murdered.

And thanks again for giving me my first QFP. You are so kind. Because I didn’t want your kindness to go unrewarded, I changed your username. Do you like it?

You’re welcome.
HARRIS/WALZ 2024
Old 08-23-2024, 06:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTheta View Post
Whoever she is, she isn’t a Theta. Read her post history. Yikes.

ETA: doing everything possible in my limited sphere of influence to ensure there isn’t a repeat of 2016. And if you’re not worried, you’re not paying attention. Look at the SCOTUS, people. Our republic is in serious danger.
Yes, I agree she is not a Theta (her daughter is) but it was based on a prior comment she made during the 2008 election. Yes, her posts are, um, interesting.

I too am not taking the momentum with a grain of salt. I no longer trust polls particularly those involving the electoral college.
Old 08-23-2024, 09:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerfulgreek View Post
Aww, how sweet. I got my first QFP! Thank you SO much! You’re the best!

Well, there are no differences, really. There are only individual personality differences because we are all unique in our own way. Biologically, there are none. We look like we do based on geographical location on Earth. Trump is a bigot, and because you support him, that automatically makes you one, too, whether consciously or subconsciously. Oh, and the Earth isn’t flat. You seem kind of stupid, so I just wanted to add that to my response, just in case you’re one of those, too.

So anyway, back to biology and geography. Are you aware that during WWII there was a sick man like Trump who also said “they are destroying the blood of our nation”, and who was also too dumb to understand simple science? As a result, well over 6 million innocent people were murdered.

And thanks again for giving me my first QFP. You are so kind. Because I didn’t want your kindness to go unrewarded, I changed your username. Do you like it?

You’re welcome.
Lmao @ you talking to her like she’s in 1st grade.