GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Phi > Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

» GC Stats
Members: 326,176
Threads: 115,582
Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 1,625
1 members and 1,624 guests
John

Old 04-12-2010, 11:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Sweetheart Jewlery

I have been looking for the requirements to wear the "Sinfonia Sweeheart" jewlery and have been unable to find them. My boyfriend is a brother and has wanted to purchase something for me but, we are unsure and really dont want to break the rules!

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!
Old 04-13-2010, 12:05 AM
GreekChat Member

Well a Sweetheart can selected by the chapter, and is completely honorary. It doesn't do anything for you, other than possibly being on a composite photos. With that, the chapter generally has some sort of a surprise presentation for you. His chapter can certainly vote you to be the Sweetheart, and you can go to the Sinfonia store and get all the Sweetheart stuff you're heart desires, but I don't believe that first step is necessary. If you are his sweetheart, then you are the sweetheart of a Sinfonian, and as such, deserve to wear the Sweetheart heart charm.
I advise against wearing his pin, though, as I believe that is only to be worn by brothers.
"It is a truism that as long as man loves but himself and his art he can never attain to the full measure of manhood or reach the sublimest heights of his art. He must seek to love men as brothers and art, not for the sake of art itself, but art as a means toward bringing all men up to that verdant plateau where their souls may be fed in very rejoicing in all that is true, beautiful, and abiding." - Percy Jewett Burrell
Old 04-13-2010, 12:10 AM
GreekChat Member

For the exact rules of the Sweetheart, have him look over the Risk Management Policies, as Sweetheart information is written there. (page 7)
"It is a truism that as long as man loves but himself and his art he can never attain to the full measure of manhood or reach the sublimest heights of his art. He must seek to love men as brothers and art, not for the sake of art itself, but art as a means toward bringing all men up to that verdant plateau where their souls may be fed in very rejoicing in all that is true, beautiful, and abiding." - Percy Jewett Burrell
Old 04-13-2010, 12:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Thanks! He wont let me near his pin because it took him 2 semesters of being a PM to recieve it. Also, his chapter doesn't vote on sweethearts because of bad relations/relationships with brothers.
Old 04-13-2010, 12:21 AM
GreekChat Member

Bad relations/relationships? I don't follow that...
And if you don't mind me asking, what school?
Old 04-13-2010, 01:32 AM
GreekChat Member

Its Western Carolina University in NC.

It was something that happend long before he was initiated, as far as I know the story goes: 1 brother was dating the sweethear,the sweetheart was side dating another brother, bad break-up and lots of unhappiness in the brotherhood.
Old 04-13-2010, 05:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Oh damn. That's ridiculous. And Western Carolina? That's gotta be fairly close to us at UTK!
They shouldn't allow something so petty to stop it, but if that's the case, then just go online and get you Sweetheart stuff regardless.
Old 04-13-2010, 05:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpea_OE View Post
I have been looking for the requirements to wear the "Sinfonia Sweeheart" jewlery and have been unable to find them. My boyfriend is a brother and has wanted to purchase something for me but, we are unsure and really dont want to break the rules!

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!

Pardon the lane swerve, but isn't that something that he should be researching?

Old 04-13-2010, 06:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ree-Xi View Post
Pardon the lane swerve, but isn't that something that he should be researching?

Now, now ree Xi, it all depends. For example, the boyfriend might have management (business / non-profit / any kind of organization, really) as a career goal, and already has found that delegating (= having someone else do the actual, you know, work) is a fun skill. We just don't know the situation.

<I'm putting my blinkers on now to follow you and swerve back into the main lane>
Old 04-13-2010, 07:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by exlurker View Post
Now, now ree Xi, it all depends. For example, the boyfriend might have management (business / non-profit / any kind of organization, really) as a career goal, and already has found that delegating (= having someone else do the actual, you know, work) is a fun skill. We just don't know the situation.

<I'm putting my blinkers on now to follow you and swerve back into the main lane>
Oh, PARDON. Where are my manners today?

Old 04-14-2010, 05:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crusse10 View Post
If you are his sweetheart, then you are the sweetheart of a Sinfonian, and as such, deserve to wear the Sweetheart heart charm.
This.
Quote:
I advise against wearing his pin, though, as I believe that is only to be worn by brothers.
Again, correct.
Old 04-14-2010, 11:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticCat View Post
This.
Again, correct.
Thanks. I try to remain as on top of my General Regulations for Collegiate Chapters, as I'm our FEO...