Threads: 115,589
Welcome to our newest member, Toeshoes
» Online Users: 1,502
0 members and 1,502 guests
No Members online

Old 05-02-2005, 06:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Question female brands?

I have noticed that a lot of males that belong to a bglo have tattoos or brands. My boyfriend is a Sigma and I've noticed that a lot of his frat brothers have Sigma brands. I also know that many Ques also have Omega brands and tattoos. I have however rarely seen any females with any brands or tattoos. Are there any females on here that personally have any or know any other females with brands. Also what is your opinion of this subject? Do you agree with them and why or why wouldn't you personally get one?
Old 05-02-2005, 07:07 PM
GreekChat Member

I have seen some ladies with brands....I aint really knocking it because people have their reasons to why....but I personally wouldnt do it....A tattoo yes...but a brand OUCH

Last edited by DC_Zeta1920; 05-02-2005 at 07:10 PM.
Old 05-02-2005, 07:33 PM
GreekChat Member

I know some ladies who have brands. As long as they aren't large I really don't mind.
Old 05-03-2005, 06:40 PM
GreekChat Member

I must admit that I am not big on brands mainly because I am too scared to get one so I am not knocking them. I did see one Soror with a nice one on her ankle. It was a nice size and really looked good.
Old 05-04-2005, 11:04 AM
GreekChat Member

I have a small Z on my ankle and the myth goes around that they hurt like hell. Depending on who you have around you at the time and who is actually doing the "hitting" depends on your experience. For example, if you just crossed and everyone's all excited, halfway drunk, and just acting crazy and you decide to just get one because everyone else is getting one, then I am sure all the necessary precautions are not being taken, such as sterilization, making sure the area is numb, etc. I personally got my done when my Fiance got his Sigma brand. To tell you the truth, the part that hurt the most was trying to keep ice on the area for 30 minutes. The person who "hit" us was experienced in the medical field, told us how to take care of it, and also made our irons (so they were being used for the FIRST time). He brought us champagne and it was a lovely and memorable evening. It should not be one of those spur of the moment things that makes you regret you ever got it! Unfortunately, mine is fading now because I don't keloid and it has been like 4 years, but I definitely don't regret it!
Old 05-05-2005, 12:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to 5HeartBeatZ
I personally dont have a problem with women getting branded. I mean its your body. I know that some consider this very masculine, but I've seen some nice looking brands.

Would 5HeartBeatZ get one....ummm no
Old 05-06-2005, 10:47 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to absolutzeta6
Unhappy

I don't have a problem with them...I wouldn't get one. I've seen good ones and I've seen awful ones.

Most of the time girls try to get small Z's because the big brands seem masculine but when they keloid up it turns into a big bubble looking thing. Doesn't look anything like it did in the beginning.
Old 05-19-2005, 12:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Jackson State University in Jackson, MS but orignally from Chicago
Send a message via AIM to JSUTigress Send a message via Yahoo to JSUTigress
zeta with a brand

well sorors I have a brand
I just got mine 2 weeks ago...I cannot say it doesn't hurt because pain is relative. Personally, it did not hurt for me at the time but it hurt for 2 days afterward.

To maintain my finerwoman image I got it in a place that is not seen in public regardless of what i wear. I was very against it at first but I researched and watched others and I decided to do it and I love it.

To each its own sorors!!! Zeta is definitely about respecting the decisions and beliefs of our sisters not necessarily agreeing.

P.S. Zeta brands TYPICALLY dont keloid like omega or sigma brands...different process...if you want to know more feel free to contact me

~*Miracles AND Blessings*~
Old 05-23-2005, 02:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs down Female brands

Hello Sorors,
My name is enlyghtnd. I became a Zeta Spring 2004 under the Thunderin' Theta Beta Chapter at the "pride of the swift growing south" Tuskegee University. I personally do not have any brands or tatoos, but have seen sorors in the surrounding areas with both brands and tatoos. I personally do not agree with brands and will not get one. I also do not feel that I need to post pictures on my body period, especially linked to my sorority. That's just my personal opinion, but to each soror their own. i definitely would not look at any soror with a brand or tatoos dealing with zeta with any less respect!!

DOVE LOVE Coming from ALABAMA's FINEST-THETA BETA

Last edited by enlyghtnd1920; 05-23-2005 at 02:22 PM.
Old 05-26-2005, 10:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs down

I guess I have mixed feelings when it comes to brands. Almost everyone in my chapter has brands with the exception of about 5 of us. I never wanted a brand and when I see sorors getting them because everyone else is, it kind of reinforces my negative attitude towards them. The only way I would get one is if I could get a better historical view on why a Zeta would get a brand in the first place. But then again I'm kind of biased because I don't do tatoo either.
Old 06-06-2005, 06:39 PM
GreekChat Member

i know this topic is old but i wanted to share.

many african ethnic groups branded and scarred themselves to show or to confer membership in a new social class... often from initiation or rite of passage to show a persons new or changed status to the broader community.

african aerican fraternities and sororities p19.
Old 10-28-2005, 06:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Well my take on the whole things is kinda like everyone else...I personally would NEVER get a brand because it doesn't strike me as feminine (but that is a personal opinion). I don't knock anyone who has one...but Ive been to a popping party and that smell is the most horrid smell I have ever had to endure in my life. I do however have a tatoo, but its of the babyphat cat which can be for Zeta but also has other meanings of femininity and sexiness...so thats why I chose that as opposed to a brand. But like the saying goes, "To each his own."
Old 10-29-2005, 06:29 PM
GreekChat Member

I am a neo....crossed this past spring of 05 into the Zeta Alpha Chapter at North Carolina A&t State University. I have older sorors who have brands and I do not have an issue with it. Personally, I would not get a brand just because I think to be branded is symbolic of ownership and the only person who "owns" me is my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
Old 11-03-2005, 03:30 PM
GreekChat Member

I personally am not with the brand thing.

I have a tattoo though.

ZFB - Women of Substance