GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

» GC Stats
Members: 326,141
Threads: 115,587
Welcome to our newest member, commonpeace
» Online Users: 1,334
0 members and 1,334 guests
No Members online

Old 11-01-2004, 03:14 PM
GreekChat Member

CFL Football

With the lack of (NHL) hockey is anyone tuning into Football. I usually go to Lions games every season, but with no hockey, Vancouver is going party crazy with the Lions - they are touting the Western Conference final as the biggest sporting event in Vancouver this year.

The cool thing I like about going to the games is that the tickets are cheap and you can get great seats - I sat in the end zone for $15 and saw all the great Lions touchdowns.
Old 11-02-2004, 07:22 PM
GreekChat Member

I have to say, no hockey is probably the best thing that could have happened to the CFL! I'll go with you to a Lions Game...I just hope we win the Western Conference!
Old 11-03-2004, 05:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to RACooper
Yeah... I've been watching a little more of the CFL... but I still watching the Argos gives me a bitter taste in my mouth - damn UofT backing out of deal to build new stadium on campus that the Argos would play out of...

"Cave ab homine unius libri"
Old 11-15-2004, 02:20 PM
GreekChat Member

What an awesome day it was yesterday - 55000 people packed into BC Place for the Lions vs. Roughriders for the Western Champs - can't believe we tied it with a field goal and then won in over time with a field goal - I don't think I've ever seen a CFL go into over time before - it was awesome.

After the game it was just a hop, skip and a jump over to GM Place for the Hip concert - it was a pretty amazing way to spend a Sunday!

Grey Cup here we come - watch out Argos

try and pick me out of the crowd -

Last edited by bcdphie; 11-15-2004 at 02:31 PM.
Old 11-15-2004, 05:47 PM
wreckingcrew

Anything is fine with me as long as i don't have to suffer through hockey 'highlights' on Sportscenter.

KS 361
Old 11-15-2004, 06:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: "...maybe tomorrow I'm gonna settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on."
Send a message via AIM to Lady Pi Phi
ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGOOOOOOOOOOOOS!!!!!

I HATE football! But I suppose I can cheer on the wrgos when the head to the Grey Cup since there's no hockey.
Old 11-15-2004, 06:40 PM
GreekChat Member

eta: The half time show was awesome - the UW marching band played - I have never seen a university marching band live before so that was a nice treat.
Old 11-17-2004, 01:47 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to CanadianTeke
I am working for TSN at the CFL awards thursday, with the grey cup rolling into town ottawa is getting pretty nuts. I am an Argo's fan but the cheapest seat for the grey cup is 169 bucks which is way to rich for my blood, oh well, maybe i'll just hang out on the bridge next to frank clair stadium and watch part of the game while listening to it on the radio.

GO ARGOS GO
Old 11-17-2004, 02:56 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by bcdphie

try and pick me out of the crowd -
I imagine that Province must have changed the link on you, cuz all I am looking at is a really sad headline referencing that terrible logging truck accident near the Capilano Road exit that says "Dreams shattered by women's deaths".
Old 11-17-2004, 11:07 AM
GreekChat Member

1) Isn't this the league with two teams nicknamed the Rough Riders?

2) Can someone please explain how one scores a 1-point rougue?
Old 11-17-2004, 11:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by bcdphie
eta: The half time show was awesome - the UW marching band played - I have never seen a university marching band live before so that was a nice treat.
Which UW?
Western Ontario or Windsor?

I know it wasn't Waterloo because we don't have a marching band and the UW band is "no experience required" (erg).
Old 11-17-2004, 12:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by kappaloo
Which UW?
Western Ontario or Windsor?
It was probably University of Washington in nearby Seattle.

Quote:
Originally posted by DeltaSigStan
1) Isn't this the league with two teams nicknamed the Rough Riders?
The Saskatchewan Roughriders (Roughriders is one word) still exist. The Ottawa Rough Riders (two words) went through a name change a few years back and they are the Ottawa Renegades. So, only one team is called Roughriders/Rough Riders.
Old 11-17-2004, 12:59 PM
GreekChat Member

The marching band was from the University of Washington - the Huskies - hey I didn't know 50% of the Nucks was sold...
Old 11-17-2004, 01:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to CanadianTeke
Quote:
Originally posted by DeltaSigStan

2) Can someone please explain how one scores a 1-point rougue? [/B]
From the CFL rulebook:

Article 4: Single Point or Rouge
If the ball is kicked into the goal area by an opponent, a rouge is scored (1) when the ball becomes dead in possession of a team in its own goal area or (2) when the ball touches or crosses the deadline, or a side-line-in-goal, and touches the ground, a player, or some object beyond these lines.
Example Team A kicks to Team B. B1 attempting to catch the ball on Team B 3 yard line, fumbles it and is tackled with the ball in possession in the Team B goal area. Ruling - rouge (ball deemed to have been kicked into goal area by Team A).
Example Team A kicks to Team B. B1 catches the ball in the field of play while moving towards own goal line and, in the judgment of the official, the momentum carries B1 into own goal area. Ruling - possession deemed to have been gained in the goal area.
After a rouge the team scored against shall next put the ball into play by a scrimmage as first down at any point between the hash marks on its 35-yard line.
If the single point was scored as the result of an unsuccessful field goal attempt the team scored against may elect to scrimmage the ball at any point between the hash marks on its own 35 yard line or at the previous line of scrimmage.
Note: For the purposes of this Article a drop kick or place kick shall, without exception, be deemed to be a field goal attempt.
Note: If during a kickoff the kicked ball proceeds through the goal area and across the deadline or sideline in goal without being touched there shall be no score and the ball shall be awarded to the receiving team at any point between the hash marks on its own 25-yard line.
Old 11-17-2004, 01:51 PM
GreekChat Member

hijack/ what's with us canadians and quotes from Trudeau in our signature? /hijack