GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Kappa > Kappa Alpha Order
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

» GC Stats
Members: 326,187
Threads: 115,581
Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 765
0 members and 765 guests
No Members online

Old 02-23-2002, 08:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs down Goodbye to KA at UTK??

Knoxville --Kappa Alpha campus fraternity chapters at the University of Tennessee in Knoxville and at Vanderbilt University in Nashville are in trouble.

The 40-member chapter at Vanderbilt received a two-year suspension this week from the national office for hazing.

Meanwhile, the 86-member UT chapter received a temporary suspension over allegations that members hired strippers, held cock fights in the fraternity house and provided alcohol to homeless people to get them to fight in staged tournaments.

UT chapter president Patrick Diener made the allegations in comments to The Daily Beacon, the campus newspaper. Members said Diener was joking.

"I honestly believe there is very...little or no truth to (Diener's comments)," said Ashley Worboys, assistant executive director of the Lexington VA based national Kappa Alpha Order.

Still, he said, "it was extremely unfortunate that the chapter president would make such a untrue statement because they reflect poorly upon their chapter, the Kappa Alpha Order, and the University of Tennessee."

Asked about the suspension, Diener said, "Everythign is up in the air right now. Nothing is final."

The article goes on about hazing at Vanderbilt. My question is...why the hell-o would the president make such statements to the paper ---as a joke???
Old 03-01-2002, 10:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to KABillyMac Send a message via Yahoo to KABillyMac
Thanks for splattering this all over the place volgirl, we really appreciate it.
Old 03-01-2002, 11:05 AM
GreekChat Member

i didnt splatter this all over the place - i wanted to post this to open up discussion on why the president of this group would have made up all of this stuff (as he claims) - sorry for stepping on your sensitive toe.
Old 03-01-2002, 11:10 AM
GreekChat Member

I think that if my national office had wanted this issue to be up for examination, they would have posted the information on the closing on our national website and would have asked for opinions. Dont you agree??
Old 03-01-2002, 11:12 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Peaches-n-Cream
This was an old thread and by responding Billy you bumped it to the top of the list. It's probably better to let these types of posts die.
Old 03-01-2002, 11:17 AM
GreekChat Member

sorry for making an inquiry about my favorite house at utk...acutally no im not sorry about asking, im sorry about the way you are acting.
Old 03-01-2002, 11:21 AM
GreekChat Member

No this is a somewhat recent issue.

I appreciate that KA is your favorite house, as it is mine too. And I also didnt ask you for an apology. I simply stated that I didnt seen how anyones opinion on this issue is valid given that it is between Pi chapter and nationals. I think you may have misread my meaning.