GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,154
Threads: 115,579
Welcome to our newest member, lauren_ash0
» Online Users: 1,450
1 members and 1,449 guests
LaneSig

Old 01-18-2001, 10:49 PM

Question Have I Screwed up royally?

Ok this is the deal, I went to the IFC smoker that my school has (if you don't know it's a meet the greeks thing) Anyway they give you information on all of the fraternities that you are interested in and you get to meet a few of the brothers then. However when i walked up to the booth of the fraternity i was most interested i got all tounge tied and embarrassed, so much so that i didnt go to the first activity for them. And then tonight i was going but i forgot about my computer class! But Rush here is different each fraternity lists their activities on the flyers they post and its open to everyone unless it says invite only. there is one more meeting tomorrow, should i call and ask or what? and how do i make up for two days of screwing around?
Old 01-18-2001, 11:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Mickelboy,

My answer is it shouldnt matter. You should definitely call and pursue it. If you've only missed the first night or two its not that big of a deal. It might have helped your chances if you went up to the booths the first day but I'm sure you still have a chance in the days ahead. I'd be sure to at least contact them at the booth or by phone. If you meet one of the Brothers it is very important that you appear interested, ask questions, and dont make yourself look like you'd rather be somewhere else. I think thats a big one. If you have a problem like a computer class or whatever, let the brothers know. Everyone knows that Academics come first. Just remember every Brother has been through rush before. Just be yourself and you'll find where your most comfortable. Good Luck and keep us posted

Kevin Mullinix
Beta Theta Pi Alum
Epsilon Mu

[This message has been edited by kmullini (edited January 18, 2001).]
Old 01-19-2001, 11:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

I got a lil confused, but if the next night is an everyone welcome type of night, DEFINITELY GO!!! It's never too late. Don't be nervous either! All the members have been in your place. So just relax, they totally understand how you fee.