GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Gamma Delta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

» GC Stats
Members: 326,160
Threads: 115,585
Welcome to our newest member, rubbybuble
» Online Users: 1,383
3 members and 1,380 guests
3DGator, Cookiez17

Old 03-09-2003, 05:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Sisterhood Ideas

Okay girls, it's brainstorming time...

I know I told you all before, but I was recently elected the Sisterhood Officer for my chapter. I was just initiated in February, and I'm still getting the hang of things (how the chapter works). I've started getting some training from the current Sisterhood Officer, and she's doing a great job. She came up with so many awesome ideas for the chapter this year! She's gonna be a tough act to follow, and I know I'm going to keep most of her ideas, but I'd like to come up with some new things to add. I'm just having a hard time coming up with much. So, if anyone has any ideas at all, please share them! PM me if you don't want to post them. I need to have an idea of things I want to do so VPF can start working on the budget.

Thanks in advance for your SUPER ideas!
Old 03-11-2003, 12:45 PM
GreekChat Member

What kinds of activities are you currently doing? Maybe that will help get people brainstorming.

Not sure if this would fall under Sisterhood. But when I was an undergrad we started having "mock" awards every spring. That went over well, except to the person who got the award "house complainer"! She complained about it for awhile.

Lisa
Old 03-11-2003, 10:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Right now we do some really cool stuff like awarding the most spirited sister of the week, and funny awards too. Also, everyone is assigned a Rosebud, and you're supposed to hang out with your Rosebud (have coffee, watch TV, whatever) and get to know them better. The Rosebuds change every few weeks so that we get to know more girls better. Umm... what else? We do the retreats of course, and there's also a TV night at the house every Thursday. There's usually a pool party at the beginning of the year. Hmm, that's all I can think of right now. Any other ideas?
Old 03-11-2003, 10:26 PM
GreekChat Member

What about Rose Notes? Every week at chapter meeting, each sister drops a short note into a basket for another sister. Things like, "Roses to Sister ABC for helping me study for my psych class" or "Thanks to Sister XYZ for a great talk we had last night." It can be sweet, corny, funny...anything that a sister can think of! That's a really easy way to promote good feeling among sisters.

Other ideas that are tons of fun are things like a bunco night or a board game night. Taboo is hilarious for a large group of people.

I'll try to think of a few more things and get back to you.