Welcome to our newest member, lauren_ash0
» Online Users: 1,631
1 members and 1,630 guests
KatieKate1244

Old 03-11-2002, 01:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DGpledge
Talking Founder's Day!

We just had our celebration saturday afternoon, it was so wonderful! I think Founder's Day is one of the most meaningful events in DG for me, it makes u think and realize so much about the organization's history.

Anyone else?
Old 03-11-2002, 02:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Ours isn't until the beggining of April, but I'm so excited...it's definetly my favorite DG event, right behind I-weekend!
Old 03-12-2002, 12:38 AM
GreekChat Member

Our founder's day is this Saturday along with Initiation later that night. Happy 123rd Eta Chapter!
9 wonderful women will be initiated into the oldest existing chapter.....very excited!!!

Happy Founder's Day Delta Gamma!
Old 03-12-2002, 01:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Eta Delta chapter just had our Founder's day on Saturday March 9, 2002. It was a lot of fun. I'm glad that everyone who hasn't had there's yet is looking forward to it.
GO DG!!

-Kelly
Old 03-13-2002, 01:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile

We have our Founders Day tonight! I flew in from Australia yesterday and frantically called them to ask if I could still make it on such short notice! They said "sure!" so I will just have to pay at the door! BTW: it's an Alumnae Event, but I do think some collegians will be there!
Old 03-13-2002, 08:59 PM
GreekChat Member

We had our first Founders' Day with ETA ETA chapter - Spring Hill College ! Every single one of the girls were there and the new 9 from formal recruitment. We also had two 50 year members that we (alum group) gave rose pins and roses. We had a very good showing of alumnae, which made me happy. Then, Eta Eta Pi Alphaed a COB new member for the alumnae. That was very special for everyone there. As an alumnae, I love to go to Initiation whenever I get a chance. It really encourages me to continue to be involved and I was never a gung-ho DG when I was a collegian. I mean, I never got all emotional like the other girls did. But I do now- it is just so special to me and I'm glad that I can be so involved now. I really enjoy seeing these collegians that I advise grow. I highly recommend being an adviser! Christy, Delta Pi-USM 1988
Old 02-28-2003, 03:14 PM
GreekChat Member

It's that time again...

The DC and NoVA alumnae chapters are celebrating Founders Day tomorrow along with the University of Maryland, George Washington University, and American University chapters. Can't wait for yummy brunch!
Old 02-28-2003, 05:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to WhiteDaisy128
Eta Kappa (NCSU) and Beta Theta (Duke) and all of the local alumnae will be celebrating founders day this Sunday in a joint celebration! I can't wait!
Old 02-28-2003, 07:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: big DG weekend

Quote:
Originally posted by almostaDGonce
Tomorrow is our Founders Day brunch and on Sunday I will be initiated along with 46 other ladies at the Sigma chapter. Very exciting!
That is so exciting!!! Congratulations!!!!!!
Old 02-28-2003, 08:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Tomorrow is our Founders Day brunch and on Sunday I will be initiated along with 46 other ladies at the Sigma chapter. Very exciting!

I am so excited for you on your initiation into Delta Gamma!! That is wonderful news. I know you will treasure your membership in such an outstanding women's fraternity.

Fraternaly,
Martha
Old 02-28-2003, 10:45 PM
GreekChat Member

We will be celebrating Eta's 124th birthday and Founder's Day on March 15 along with initiating 12 wonderful new members later that night! Busy busy day but such a wonderful reason to be around all my sisters!!

ITB
Old 03-08-2003, 11:58 PM
GreekChat Member

This afternoon, the ZY and EK chapters (Furman University and Clemson University) celebrated Founders day in Greenville. It was a nice afternoon but we did miss all our sisters from USC who are on spring break right now. Normally, all three chapters celebrate Founders Day together.

Happy Founders day DG!!! I love DG!!