Threads: 115,576
Welcome to our newest member, Candida
» Online Users: 1,188
2 members and 1,186 guests
PhoenixAttain, UW_dawg

Old 08-27-2005, 11:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Pikes references in movies?

Have you guys ever seen this movie? It's somewhat of a pansy girlie movie but it has Jon Stewart in it. Anyways, this movie has a few Pike references to it. The biggest one being in the beginning.

My sister, who is a producer, told me that one of the producers of the movie was a PiKA. So with him, and Jon being in the movie you can see why the Pike reference.

I saw this movie back in my jr. year or senior year of HS. After I pledged, I watched it again and realized the Pike connection.

Also, about those rumors that Jon Stewart is an unhappy PiKA...I wouldn't buy into that too much. He was on the soccer team back in his college days, and probably did not have too much time for the show. If you ever watch the Daily Show, a few times he mentions that he is a member of " The Best Damn Fraternity EVER". I've also seen episodes where Pikes are in the audience and he acknowledges them, only the way a Pike can acknowledge another Pike

Besides, I was introduced to the guy once and he seemed pretty excited to hear that I was a PiKA. I guess those guys at William & Mary were pretty wild back in the day. But he doesn't keep much in contact with the chapter except for a few of his soccer friends and some Pikes.
Old 08-30-2005, 02:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Hey Bobby!
That's great news. We have an alum who is also a producer - Bobby Fedor - maybe he had something to do with it.
Also, could you ask your sister to help with this? We are trying to contact another FSU P{ike alum who is an actor but we don't know how to reach him - who his agent is, etc. His name is Pat Skipper and he's a character actor. Lots of credits, all small parts.
I'd love to get a publicity photo of the guy but i have no idea how to do it. Can you help?
Old 08-30-2005, 12:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Hey Charlie!

I'll her if she can get in contact with Pat
Old 08-30-2005, 10:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Bobby, please tell her in confidence: I don't think Pat left under the best of circumstances. we just want a promotional photo and a contact name & address. We were going to tell his agent that we're going to host a Pat Skipper Film Festival at FSU. Worth a try. My brother said he was a stud in college; they were going to put him on the rush committee.