GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Lambda > Lambda Chi Alpha
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

» GC Stats
Members: 326,144
Threads: 115,589
Welcome to our newest member, Toeshoes
» Online Users: 1,412
7 members and 1,405 guests
Cranberry, modorney, Sciencewoman

Old 01-21-2004, 11:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Dues!!!

What's up to all of my Brothers. I'm new to the board and i would like some info on how your chapter collects dues.

we have been trying to collect dues but we are out of options. We have gotten tougher but we still have a long way to go.

Any ideas would be helpful.
Old 01-22-2004, 02:36 AM
GreekChat Member

We started using Omega Financial to collect out dues. I believe they kept 5% of what they collected, with an additional 2.5% for credit card payments. I think the rates depend on the size of your chapter, though.

I'll tell you this - nothing gets a brother into exec with his checkbook faster than a note from a collection agency. But even though this "power" is nice to have, don't abuse it. Don't send a brother to collections because he hasn't paid his $5 parking fine.

The best thing Omega Fi did for us when I was president was freeing up our Exec meetings. Before signing up with Omega, we spent 90% of our time meeting with delinquent brothers and trying to work out payment plans. Post-Omega, we only had to deal with those details a small fraction of the time, and thus were able to devote more time and energy to other issues.

Get in touch with them and see if it will work out for your chapter. I know it worked very well for ours.

Last edited by jonsagara; 03-21-2004 at 04:18 PM.
Old 01-22-2004, 03:03 AM
GreekChat Member

that's a good idea. we won't abuse it for 5 bucks. some of our brothers owe 4-5 hundred dollars. there is two that owe that much. any other suggestions?
Old 01-22-2004, 10:02 AM
GreekChat Member

Lightbulb

LX Z also went to Omega Financial for the expresspurpose of colleting of dues.

This takes it out of the Hands of the Zeta who let things slide to long.

Ithas always been my contintention that "IF" these were Good Brothers, they would not be putting the Zeta in a hardship position. That is exactly what is happening!! The Zeta must pay out a certain amount of money monthly and that comes from the dues. They pay or suspend them. Dont talk about it, do it!

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 03-24-2004, 10:50 PM
GreekChat Member

There are pleanty of good brothers who don't always have the ability to pay dues on time. I don't think that for a minute a brother who has not paid their dues on time makes them bad. Now a brother who habitually does not pay dues, that makes them a bad brother. The gift that is Lambda Chi Alpha is not something that we should hold from people because they have financial trouble. Remember, Kenny Chesney did not pay his dues in his senior year, and had we kicked him out for something stupid like that, we would not have a new song for our fraternity to enjoy. While money is always an issue, sometimes we are paid back in unexpected ways.
Old 03-25-2004, 05:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Lightbulb

That is my point exactly!

I was not speaking of Brothers who are just a little late or try to set up a payment schedual!

I am refering to the Dead Beat Brothers who get so deep in debt that they never get out and dont care about Their Brothers or The Zeta!

It still puts a hardship on the Zeta when Bills are to be paid to IHQ, Insurance, Utility Bills, Party Functions, Recruitment Functions, etc.

If you do not beleive that say 500 Brothers withold $5.00 that is a lot of money! Or even $1.00!

Beleive it or not, a Fraternity is and needs to be run like a Business. That is what it really is, a small business, and All of the Brothers are Stock Holders in each and ever Chapter. That is why there are Officers in place to keep the business smoothly running!

LX Z # 1
Alumni