Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 1,233
0 members and 1,233 guests
No Members online

Old 06-21-2006, 05:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PhiMuLilly
Need Theme Night Help

Hey all, currently in the process of planning our Formal Recruitment Theme Night. We are thinking about an "Army" theme. Like "Be All You Can Be, Be A Phi Mu". We like that solgan but are compleatly blanking on decoration ideas and the such. If anyone has any ideas it would be greatly apriciated. if no ideas for that theme, we are looking for any theme ideas at all. Feel free to e-mail me LM576057@wcupa.edu. Thanks so much!
Old 06-21-2006, 11:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Peeing on you and telling you it's rain apparently...
Pink Camouflage (sp?) is supercute. So maybe you can wear that as a shirt or pants. Pink and white/grey camo. combo going there!! Also, try to make it feminine because you don't wanna scare anybody. Maybe the president or the entire excutive board could have a special type of jacket or hats.

(LOL this is all clothes.. lemme see decorations...)

Don't know if you can use them but the wooden/plastic (whatever they are)rifles from colorguard are cute. Maybe to hang around or lean on walls. One of my former sisters gave her big sister one as a paddle and painted it pink & white camo. (They were both in ROTC).
Maybe the centerpiece could be an army style airplane or a little tank(???)

Honestly the clothes would be the main part of the atmosphere because you can't put like fake bombs around or do the sword entry/exit like Marines would do. LOL! I just can't think of anything else! Anymore ideas anyone?
Old 06-22-2006, 11:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to TNPhiMu
As far as shirts go, we did an "army" theme for recruitment a few years ago. 2003 I think. Anyhow, we had regular army camo shirts and the front said "Phi Mu" and then "Recruitment 2003" below that in hot pink. The back of the shirts said "We're looking for a few good women".

We don't really carry our themes throughout the nights... we always do a "Phi mu Cafe" (think Hard Rock Cafe) for theme night.
Old 06-22-2006, 12:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PM_Mama00 Send a message via Yahoo to PM_Mama00
I think my girls are doing a Cafe Phi Mu theme, not sure.

Regarding the army theme, do you think it'd be a good idea to do that during a war? I mean to me it wouldn't bother me, but you never know how people are going to react. The shirts sound cute, but an all out army thing might go over badly with PNMs.

Have you thought about maybe Club Phi Mu? There's that awful Phi Mu Bandstand video from nationals with some cute songs and cute dances.

OH I forgot to add... last year my girls did a jungle theme. It was sort of a "tour". There was a "PNM" (played by an active) and each stop in the tour incorporated different things the chapter did... formal, CMN, Greek Week... all types of things. They also incorporated reasons of why the PNM should join Phi Mu. They made paper trees and all sorts of "jungle" decorations. Each "stop" had the bulletin boards with pictures and information. They threw light green and dark green streamers all over the floor to look like grass, and threw some streamers over the hanging fluorescent lights to give it a jungle/rainforest look. (we don't have a house so we use the multipurpose room in the University Center) I believe the actual theme of the night was Queen of the Jungle or something. I'll try to get pics from the girls and post them. If you want the script they used, PM me your email address and I can see if someone can send me a word doc of it.

KLTC

Last edited by PM_Mama00; 06-22-2006 at 12:57 PM.
Old 06-22-2006, 04:52 PM
GreekChat Member

PM_Mama makes a good point about the use of a military-based theme during a war. However, if you're all set on the theme...

Cover all aspects of Phi Mu membership with different outfits. I imagine the majority of your members could wear pink camouflage (seems to be a popular idea), for everyday activities--hanging out, having fun, or even also use it to show how you might get down & dirty doing philanthropic activities. Soldiers also have uniforms (isn't it all green? shows how much I know) for when they're mingling with civilians... your version could be business attire for meetings, Founders Day, etc. They also have another dressy uniform for ceremonies; perhaps you could use a formal gown for social events. I wouldn't recommend doing all of this as a fashion show, of course; but using the different outfits as parts of skits might help get the point across.

A slogan for all of Recruitment is usually more effective than one for each night, so you might want to use "Be all you can be, Be a Phi Mu" (or even "We're looking for a few good women") throughout, and really emphasize it on skit night... or just put it on the backs of the skit night shirts. Maybe even tie that slogan in on the Bid Day shirts, to make the new members feel more like they've belonged there the whole time, not like they just joined on some random day.
(Now STEELERBEAR on here... oops)