GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,154
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, lauren_ash0
» Online Users: 1,639
2 members and 1,637 guests
Phrozen Sands

Old 06-27-2003, 07:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Lisa Fishman
If you were going to San Diego, CA.....

I know some of you on the boards live there, and others have been there. I've been to SD once before a very long time ago. What kinds of things you all recomend to someone who is fairly unfamiliar with SD to see? I know the beaches and weather are supposed to be wonderful. I know about Sea World being nearby. I would like to hear suggestions. Thank you.
Old 06-27-2003, 08:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Kevlar281
I went to visit my friend who was stationed at Pendleton last summer and the beach was by far the best place to go. The only real touristy stuff I did was going into Mexico to party at Pappas & Beers in Rosarito.
Old 06-27-2003, 08:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Visit the San Diego Zoo or the Wild Animal Park. Very cool to see. I would recommend if u went to the zoo, get the bus tour thing, it covers alot of the zoo. Also Mexico is like 30 minutes away or something like that, if you're into that. Also if your into baseball, prolly the San Diego Padres are playing. Umm I can't think of anymore right now, but I'll let u know
Old 06-27-2003, 08:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to damasa Send a message via AIM to damasa Send a message via Yahoo to damasa
I know while I was there I went to Sea World and to The San Diego Zoo. I also went to Pacific Beach a few times and hung around that area. I checked out the SDSU area and chilled over there. Went to TJ and had a stellar time. I did a lot and I want to go back soon....very soon...
I fell in love with the place.
Old 06-27-2003, 09:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Pacific Beach, AKA PB. THE beach where all the college kids go and has the best waves outside La Jolla. I just got back from there like 30 minutes ago, caught some great waves, lotta kids our age. The boardwalk is really chill to take your beach cruiser out and stroll. Don't go to Mission Beach unless you feel like being at High School Beach. Lotta bruhs here go to PB Bar and Grill after ours BTW.

Sea World/San Diego Zoo/Wild Animal Park. I prefer Sea World, but the Zoo is still pretty cool (depending on who you go with). Wild Animal Park is kinda far, so I recommend the first two.

Malls: Horton Plaza/Fashion Valley. Horton is in Downtown, Fashion is in Fashion. Horton is kinda ritzy, but I cool place to walk around. Fashion's got some good shops there.

Tiajuana: The only place I go to is Safari's. Every other place is just dirty. Tip the cabbie well and he'll let you know where other cool places are (I just don't go to them).

Rosarito: About an hour and a half past Tiajuana. This is where a lot of people go for Spring Break, but some people go Friday night then leave early in the morning.

Note: On the good chance you run into the federales, JUST say you have 20 bucks and that's ALL you have. If he doesn't bite, then have another 20 "magically" pop up. They usually let you go.

I'll tell you now, the party scene at SDSU sucks during vacations. Everyone from here is an LA or Frisco transplant, so they all go home and there aren't many people here.

If you want to laugh, there's always exciting Padres chapionship baseball.

If I think of anything else I'll post it.
Old 06-27-2003, 10:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Since your not an underage college student I wouldn't recoment Safarai's in TJ. (Stan, what about Club A? My friends and I would always bounce back and forth between the two all night.)

Linda, you should definitely check out La Jolla and Del Mar. Beautiful beautiful beautiful.

What part of town are you staying in? If your visiting friends/family in North County then I would recomend the Wild Animal Park. If you're not going to be in that part of the county then I'd stick to the Zoo and SeaWorld. (Tip for SeaWorld, if you let the vendors know a seagull stole your food they replace it!) For shopping Horton Plaza and Fashion Valley. I prefer Mission Valley over Fashion Valley though. For a chill kickback beach atmosphere definitely PB. If you're a bit of a hippie (which I don't think you are) then head for OB (Ocean Beach). Downtown there's the GasLamp District and SeaPort Village. Also if you like a little history thrown in on your vacation Old Town is good. Day trip to Mexico is always good too.
Old 06-28-2003, 12:53 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to polarpi
To go along with PB, I highly recommend going to Belmont Park...the rollercoaster is always fun to ride (even if it does jar you a little bit). The beach is a good place to go, unless you're like a lot of tourists who've been here throughout June and have gotten nothing but overcast skies and cool weather and water. If you need any other suggestions, just PM me (if you are coming here before the 6th of July, the San Diego County Fair is also a lot of fun for a pretty reasonable price).
**LOL at Padres Championship baseball.....maybe AA championship!

Jennie
Old 06-28-2003, 01:41 AM
GreekChat Member

i loved my trip to san diego. i definately didn't want to come home! one of the things that i didn't get to do, but i wanted to was to spend a night at the wild animal park. i really loved the zoo and wanted to see the animal park, too, but we ended up not renting a car so we had to stick to things that we could walk to or take public transportation. we stayed in old town and it was really cute. there was a fair or market on the weekends and lots of cute shops. plus there was a restaurant that we liked...coyote something or other. my friend and i went to all three beaches and we liked pacific and ocean beaches the best. don't even waste your time going to mission beach. there was also this really pretty cliff that we went to.....i don't remember the name, but i bet someone from the area knows what i am talking about. it was great at sunset!!!!! can i come with you?????? i would love to go back!!! have fun!
Old 06-28-2003, 04:40 AM
GreekChat Member

i would also try to check out the fun bars and clubs downtown, like the W and On Broadway... Mission Beach and Pacific Beach are packed with tourists, but I still think theyre fun too
Old 06-28-2003, 09:28 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Lisa Fishman
Thank you for suggestions everyone. I will keep all of them in mind. Thanks.
Old 06-28-2003, 12:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Let me just say I am jealous. I've never been to San Diego, but I've heard all of these wonderful things & really want to move there. About a year ago my company had a posting for an assistant store manager @ a store there & I actually had my boss call the hiring manager. He had hired someone that day. I was all set to pack my bags & move to sunny California. Someday... someday.

To Be Rather Than To Seem To Be
Old 06-28-2003, 05:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by pinkyphimu
there was also this really pretty cliff that we went to.....i don't remember the name, but i bet someone from the area knows what i am talking about. it was great at sunset!!!!!
Could that be Sunset Cliffs???
Old 06-28-2003, 11:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile

Stan, kiss my rear!!!

Damn to live in SD!!!

Love it!!!

1. get with Stan!!!

2. Old Town Mexican Rest! Right Stan? I loved it!

3. SD Zoo, one of the finest.

4 Air Museum, if like planes.

5. Japanese Gardens.

6. Sea World Expensive!

Stan, If I get social security retirement can ai be a house Dad?!!

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 06-28-2003, 11:25 PM
GreekChat Member

We need a keg of PBR or Keystone on tap 24 7, a handle of soco when handy, and a new pool table. Then we'll talk.

Oh, and since you run a smoke shop, Id like a lifetime supply of black and milds and a free zippo.