Threads: 115,588
Welcome to our newest member, Toeshoes
» Online Users: 1,514
2 members and 1,512 guests
Phrozen Sands

Old 07-01-2002, 08:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Convention

I wasn't able to go to convention this time around even though I really wanted to. Did anyone out there go? How was it? What's the scoop on International Gamma Phi Beta? Tell all
Old 07-02-2002, 10:02 AM
GreekChat Member

I went to convention! It was a lot of fun and so great to meet Gamma Phi's from all over. I just got back yesterday, so I'm still tired, but I'll try to hit on the high points. If you have any ??'s, PM me.
We altered our philanthropy slightly and we now have an association with Camp Fire America (the Camp Fire Girls). They are also working on a new New Member Education program that is going to be wonderful! It is going to be beta-tested by 6 chapters this fall and will be implemented by fall 2003. I think it will really help chapters that have retention problems with new members. They are also working on plans to help senior members continue their work with the sorority after graduation (lifetime commitment, remember?). There was a beautiful memorial service for sisters who passed away during the last 2 years (since convention 2000) and there was an initiation ceremony in which the Int'l Ritual Chairwoman presided and told us all the meanings behind the ritual. We learned the "real" melody of "Fidelity," which, apparently, every chapter has been singing to the wrong tune! 6 alumnae initiates participated in the initiation ceremony. It was lovely.

There was so much packed into the 4 days of convention that I can't remember it all right now, but like I said, if you have any questions, PM me. Also, maybe someone else who attended convention will fill in the gaps.
Old 07-03-2002, 03:07 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to gphiangel624
I went to Convention, too, as a collegian and it was AMAZING!!! The Alumnae that posted something first hit everything that really stood out- the new programming and philanthropy, etc. I enjoyed every second and only wish I had more time to meet more girls from outside my Province (16)! If any of the girls from U. of Washington, Florida State, or U. of Minnesota read this, Hi from Delta Lambda chapter at UC Riverside!!!

Love in IIKE (That's "Pi" not "P"...hehe),
Carol
Delta Lambda- UCR
Old 08-08-2002, 03:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Convention was over a month ago, but I went as a collegian from Texas A&M-Commerce. I think the others pretty well covered everything except that Convention 2004 will be in Chicago! I will graduate just before that, but what a great way to start into my alumna status than to attend Convention once again! It was great to meet some other sisters from all over the country, and also from the Texas province (VII). I got some great ideas and I can't wait for the next one! International President Vickie Carlson-Read was so much more fun than I expected and being in that atmosphere really made me proud to be a Gamma Phi!
Old 08-27-2002, 01:59 AM
GreekChat Member

I Hope y'all bought magnets from the ladies selling them at the alumnae boutique!!!
With the profits we made, we were able to buy most everything form the Delta Omicron and Delta Upsilon wish lists!! Thanks!!
If any one wants custom Gamma Phi magnets, we can do them for a $1 each if you need them in "bulk" -- we can even do them with your chapter pic(s)! PM me for details!!

Signed, the younger (but not by much!) magnet lady!!
Old 09-03-2002, 06:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up 2004 Convention in Chicago

The Alpha Gamma Delta Convention will be there too!! Not sure of the dates, but I think it's in July!

Update cause a Gamma Phi thinks I don't know, lol!

Alpha Gamma Delta Centennial 2004 will take place July 17-21, 2004 at the Chicago Marriott.

Last edited by AGDLynn; 09-03-2002 at 06:56 PM.