Threads: 115,583
Welcome to our newest member, Christos-Cyp
» Online Users: 1,411
1 members and 1,410 guests
MTSUGURL

Old 08-01-2002, 12:10 AM
GreekChat Member

Dues...

What are your chapter dues per semester/quarter?

Our dues at Iota Gamma are $115 per semester... But we're thinking of implementing monthly dues that would be around $30 to $45 a month. (Which would end up considerably higher at the end of the year...)

Do you think that would be better? Just some ideas from fresh brains would be cool...

Thanks!

PSLAM~Beth

diokete hupsala
Old 08-01-2002, 12:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AngelPhiSig
Gamma Gamma dues are:

250 over the summer
100 or under in fall and spring
Old 08-01-2002, 01:12 AM
GreekChat Member

150 a term (3 in a year)
obviously 130 to national once a year.
none in summer if you attend fundraisers.
Old 08-01-2002, 10:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

Our dues are 285.00 for the entire year. Then we start up the first payment plan at the end of july. so throughout the year, we don't pay anything else. we usually have 3 methods of payment, broken down to installements of 2 payments or 4 payments, and of course paying in full. we consider ourselves lucky that our dues aren't more then that

~Rebecca

"It's a PHI SIG thing!"
Old 08-02-2002, 01:27 AM
GreekChat Member

oh, forgot to include...

we figure it by $15 a week and there are aprox. 10 weeks in a term for us.

New Member dues are $50 (if initiated in the 4-6 weeks) and then something like $10 every week after***could be wrong, but it is like half of our weekly amount or something like like***
Old 08-02-2002, 02:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by PhiSigCoco
New Member dues are $50 (if initiated in the 4-6 weeks) and then something like $10 every week after***could be wrong, but it is like half of our weekly amount or something like like***
Wait, so you have an extra dues for your new members? So they have the new member fee, initiation fee, and weekly chapter dues? Just wondering.

PSLAM~Beth

diokete hupsala
Old 08-02-2002, 02:36 PM
GreekChat Member

yup. with such a small chapter, we need it to survive.
But we don't pin until the new member fees are paid in full. So they are only responcible for the new member dues and the initiation fee at the same time.

members deal with two sets of dues at once too. Every fall, its $150 dues and $130 national dues (thats $280 in one term!)

And yet, we still have the cheapest dues on campus.
Old 08-02-2002, 09:47 PM
GreekChat Member

wow we pay 625 a year! thats about 35 every 2 weeks from september to april. New member fee is 325. But we do have a house and we have a lot of activities throughout the year plus we usually don't pay anything for our annual formal. I guess a lot of the chapter that don't have houses can charge cheaper. Still 625 and we are one of the cheaper sororities at Rutgers. But we don't pay anything during the summer. Why do some of you guys have to pay in the summer when none of you are doing activities or even at school? (since almost all of us are separated there aren't many activities over the summer).
Old 08-03-2002, 03:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by phisigsigchic
Why do some of you guys have to pay in the summer when none of you are doing activities or even at school? (since almost all of us are separated there aren't many activities over the summer).
I can say that for our Chapter, we all live around the school. It's a commuter campus, and so everyone lives anywhere from 5 minutes to 30 minutes from school... We've had sisters living on campus (like myself) but our parents still live in the area.

So to answer you question, we would have summer dues, (if we start having monthly dues) because we do get together over the summer, and it's nice not having to bring/buy everything outta our own pockets for these events.

We've had numerous E-Board meetings, car washes, step team practices, bonfires, birthdays, etc. (We learned the hard way last year, when we didn't have ANY get togethers... Ended up having 5 sisters dissaffiliate... Don't think it was all because of the summer "drought" but I think it had a lot to do with it...)

Anyways, thanks for everyone's posts on their chapter dues... I'm going to let the E-Board know, so that we can think of dues that would suit us, but still not be too overboard.

PSLAM~Beth

diokete hupsala
Old 08-05-2002, 02:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Oh ok since you guys get together so much it makes sense to pay summer dues. I saw that a lot of people posted that after the summer, a lot of people disaffliated because they didn't see each other. But the total opposite is true for us! When we get back and haven't seen each other in like forever everyone goes crazy! Our chapter is small and everyone is pretty tight or everyone has their lil tight group within the chapter as well. I think in the past couple of years we have only had one or two people disaffliate. And we really don't hold any chapter activities during the summer (RU is the NJ state university but you would be surprised how many people from out of state go to the school like my big from VA and plus nj is a pretty spread out state). Still, I keep in contact with a lot of the sisters through email, instant message, and phone. I think I have talked to more than half the chapter even some alumnae throughout the summer. Plus, when my big came to visit me, we spent a couple of hours at the house with some of those sisters. But I didn't realize what a huge problem disaffliations are for other sisters after summer vacation