GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,159
Threads: 115,583
Welcome to our newest member, LynchMob66
» Online Users: 1,350
0 members and 1,350 guests
No Members online

Old 09-24-2002, 09:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Miss Universe dethrowned

Miss Universe sacked

NEW YORK - A reigning Miss Universe has been sacked for the first time in the beauty pageant's 52-year history.

Quoting internal sources in the Miss Universe organisation, the New York Post newspaper said the 24-year-old beauty queen had been dethroned for failing to fulfil the obligations that go with her title. It said she had also got herself pregnant and was married to her companion, a Russian businessman.

Pageant spokesman Esther Swan said the dark-haired, green-eyed beauty was sacked last week after being warned about her lacklustre performance.

Miss Fyodorova has denied all the allegations. 'I am not married and I have not put on weight,' she declared in an interview published by the Russian daily Gazeta.

She said she wanted to concentrate on her studies, adding that she would soon be undertaking a thesis in civil law at the university of the Russian Interior Ministry.

Miss Fyodorova, who won the pageant in Puerto Rico, had served only four months of her one-year term.

The first runner-up in the May contest, Miss Justine Pasek, a 22-year-old aspiring environmental engineer from Panama, will now serve the remainder of her term. --AP, AFP

http://straitstimes.asia1.com.sg/pri...145151,00.html
Old 09-24-2002, 10:44 PM
GreekChat Member

I saw this on the news tonight but they didn't go into details as to why she was dethrowned. Very interesting.
Old 09-24-2002, 10:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Miss Universe is A PR job----granted not the way I got my job! It's the real world, you don't do your job, you get fired.
Old 09-24-2002, 11:05 PM
GreekChat Member

I agree...

the pagent officials are saying the reason she was stripped of her title was because she wasn't making scheduled appearances and because she was secretly married and had a lil one on the way....

but she's saying she voluntarily gave up the title to focus on her school.

very confusing
Old 09-24-2002, 11:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up all babble

when you consider who owns the pageant, donald trump, even an innocent weekend at the balkans could be held with an arched eye.
Old 09-25-2002, 03:30 AM
Unregistered-

I read the article this afternoon and here's what I thought.

You know that it's going to be a big PR job and that you're going to travel around the world making appearances on behalf of the Miss Universe Program.

If you know that it's going to take time off from law school and your career...why even bother to run?

The article I read also mentioned that her mom [or some family member] was extremely ill, and that I can understand taking time off.

I've never really been too fond of this pageant, so I could really care less...but honestly, she just wasted everyone's time.