Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, luvdovemrh
» Online Users: 1,323
0 members and 1,323 guests
No Members online

Old 04-23-2003, 02:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Visiting Colleges at...

Hey sisters! I'm at Zeta Omega at University of Central Florida(Orlando).I could use some help. My baby sister is growing up and we're going to look at colleges this July. I would love to meet some sisters and get a behind the scences tour and find out what the colleges are really like and sell her on ADPi. If you go to Clemson,UNC @ Chapel Hill,Penn State or University of Pittsburgh and can show us around,I'd love to meet you'all. I really appreciate it! Post back or send me an email!
Loyally,
Mandy

Mandee428@aol.com
Old 05-04-2003, 10:24 PM
Super Moderator

Mandy, I live in Pittsburgh (well, close enough), but it's been a long time since I was on campus. There are quite a few Alpha Iotas on GreekChat, though. Run a search through this board (I think there's a "Pitt needs its own thread" thread, somewhere). The ADPi suite will be closed during the summer, but maybe someone can help you.

Good luck to your sister!
Old 05-05-2003, 07:53 PM
GreekChat Member

hey there, don't mean to intrude, but I thought i'd speak up since I go to Pitt!

Amos Hall is going to be closed for renovations this summer I believe (oh yippee, so they can make a mess of our suites like they did last time). Also, no one lives this during the summer so it's pretty hard to get in.

I know that there are a few ADPi's from Pitt on here... does Lianne still come on GC? I used to work with her. Also, isn't there someone named Jenaya as well?

Anyway, if you need to know anything about Pitt, please feel free to PM me. I just graduated last year, and i'm also in my first year of law school there. I was a tourguide for a few years during undergrad, so I know pretty much everything about Pitt.
Old 05-05-2003, 10:32 PM
Super Moderator

Hmmm.... how much renovating is there going to be at Amos Hall - do you have any idea? I still can't get over how much it's changed just since I lived there!

And kddani, that was such a kind offer!! I'd be happy to show someone around, but I think that someone who's not as far removed from school would make the better guide. Thank you!!
Old 05-05-2003, 10:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by honeychile
Hmmm.... how much renovating is there going to be at Amos Hall - do you have any idea? I still can't get over how much it's changed just since I lived there!

And kddani, that was such a kind offer!! I'd be happy to show someone around, but I think that someone who's not as far removed from school would make the better guide. Thank you!!
It's my pleasure! I love Pitt and love telling people about it, and I definately miss giving tours!

I'm not sure as to how much is being renovated. I think the last time (besides asbestos removal 2 summers ago) they did anything was the summer before I pledged (summer 1999) they installed a sprinkler system. Made quite a mess and caused some damage, at least in our suite. I sure hope your chapter put things away of value or took them home for the summer. The workers usually aren't trustworthy and things have disappeared.
Old 05-05-2003, 10:56 PM
Super Moderator

Now I'll be up all night wondering!

Believe it or not, when I was in school, we used to pack ALL of the furniture from the entire suite in one room prior to summer vacation, and only we had the key to that room. Well, by my junior year, Pitt wouldn't allow us to do that anymore, but it was interesting to see how much furniture could fit in one fairly small space! And that was when our suite was considered the nicest!

I know the actives have some plans for painting etc over the summer - did everyone get notice that Pitt was renovating?
Old 05-06-2003, 04:12 AM
GreekChat Member

hey y'all... i'm actually a sister from allegheny, i just live near pittsburgh... i can give you the email address of a real sweetheart from AI if you'd like it, i know she'd love to meet your sister, and would tell her all about pitt and AI... just pm me!

L&L
~jenaya

~*~