GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,145
Threads: 115,589
Welcome to our newest member, lopezsae
» Online Users: 1,511
4 members and 1,507 guests
Cookiez17, JayhawkAOII, KDKells

Old 10-12-2006, 04:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Community based sororities in Northern Virginia?

Hey all,

I'm looking for non-collegiate sororities in Northern Virginia (Arlington, Fairfax) or Washington, D.C. I looked through the thread listing national ones, but none were in my area-- or even my state.

I found an Epsilson Sigma Alpha chapter in rural Virginia, but that one isn't for me. I'm looking for more of a social group with people my age, and not so much a *very* philanthropic group. Their chapter is also very small, very new, and located over 1.5 hours away from me.

About me: I'm 23, still taking some undergrad classes (non-degree at this time). I've done the "college thing" already, but I worked a few full-time jobs during college and didn't have time to join a sorority. I am seeking to join a sorority at this point so I can get to know some people my age, get involved, have a strong group of sisters, and really experience greek life. Many of my friends were in sororities during college, and, now, I have enough time to fully commit to it. As they say, sororities are for life-- not just during college-- and that is my goal.
Old 10-13-2006, 09:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PenguinTrax Send a message via MSN to PenguinTrax Send a message via Yahoo to PenguinTrax
I find it hard to believe there isn't a Beta Sigma Phi or PEO chapter in the DC area...you should contact their national office directly in the event that their web site hasn't been updated in a while. I know the Beta site only lists chapters with web pages, not all the chapters they have.

If you are really looking for service oriented, check out the Junior League or the see if the Chamber of Commerce has a Young Leadership program.

Use the Search, play nice, and don't make me come in there.

Last edited by PenguinTrax; 10-13-2006 at 09:30 AM.
Old 10-13-2006, 05:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Somewhere between Good Morning America and Jerry Springer.
Which part of northern VA are you in? I'm sure there's a Beta chapter nearby. I'll have to check my Torch when I get home--PM me and I'll see what I can find for you.
Old 10-15-2006, 11:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinTrax View Post
I find it hard to believe there isn't a Beta Sigma Phi or PEO chapter in the DC area...you should contact their national office directly in the event that their web site hasn't been updated in a while. I know the Beta site only lists chapters with web pages, not all the chapters they have.

If you are really looking for service oriented, check out the Junior League or the see if the Chamber of Commerce has a Young Leadership program.
Beta Sigma Phi.. hm.. thanks, i'll contact them. A year or two ago I contacted them and they e-mailed me back saying there weren't any chapters here. I guess that's a whole lot of time and something could have started since.
Old 01-05-2007, 09:46 AM
GreekChat Member

Meetvirginia,

I am also in northern Virginia. I tried ESA before I joined Tri Delta. I, too, found that ESA was much older women- I'm 27. I was going to go an ESA new chapter installation in Fredericksburg, but by the time I got on the road, 395 was congested.

I've known a few Beta Sigma Phis in the DC area- you shouldn't have a problem with the age thing.