GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,164
Threads: 115,586
Welcome to our newest member, ibtisamkhan
» Online Users: 443
2 members and 441 guests
3DGator, banetaeswifta43

Old 06-19-2002, 04:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Walmart

Are all people that work at Walmart frigging morons? I work in a small town that is 45 minutes from home. If I need to get anything during the day I have to go to either Walmart or Kroger and that's about all I have to choose from. I have had to go to Walmart twice this week and each time I have spent more than 10 minutes in the checkout line...and I was the NEXT person!

My second gripe is that Walmart must not have a dresscode because all of their cashiers looked like they just rolled out of bed.

My third gripe is CAN YOU PLEASE MOVE A LITTLE BIT FASTER? The lady was moving like a 90 year old person!

AND I have been late back to work twice this week! I could understand if the store was busy but it hasn't been either day that I've been there!

Ok, I'm done...
Old 06-19-2002, 07:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ThetaGirl1997
There is a thread on how much Wal-Mart blows, but I completely agree!! I hate Wal-Mart. Every time I set foot in that store, it's full of white trash people....with their entire family...who feel the need to stop in the middle of the aisle, or weave back and forth, or spread out so that there is no way for me to get around them. Then I inevitably land behind them in the checkout lane, (and of course I unfailingly pick the slowest checker in the entire store) and their white trash kids stare at me (either that or one screams the whole time.) Anyhow, you get the idea.
Old 06-19-2002, 08:07 PM

ThetaGirl- It is as if you read my mind and put it down in writing. I hate going to Wal-Mart! People do not know how to push their carts and I almost always get run over by a cart. They stop in the middle of aisles. Ugh!
Old 06-19-2002, 08:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Yeah, I was hating my life the other day. I needed to get some big tupperware storage containers for some winter stuff I was putting away and The Container Store was across town, (through construction..I might add) so I thought about Wal-Mart....on a saturday...in the afternoon.... I did it anyway, and hated myself for it. Standing there in the households section.... screaming brats and Lionel Ritchie BLARING on the speakers "oh what a feeling...were dancing on the celing" Yeah, I almost went back to the sports section and put a rifle in my mouth.

Last edited by lifesaver; 06-19-2002 at 08:18 PM.
Old 06-19-2002, 08:33 PM
GreekChat Member

I actually like Walmart

Sorry, I guess I'm the odd man out...I like Walmart. It must be because the one I go to is in a plaza close to campus, so it's nothing but college kids (except for weekday mornings or late at night when there are the white trash families). It's the place we go for everything.
Old 06-19-2002, 09:44 PM
GreekChat Member

I like Walmart, too! I always leave there happy and with exactly what I needed. Sure, the lines move slowly, but I manage to pick the slowest line possible in whatever store I'm in, anyway.
Old 06-19-2002, 11:03 PM

Walmart is the spawn of the devil.
Old 06-19-2002, 11:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AngelPhiSig
Hey, I worked at WalMart-

Granted I hated it...

I was a fast cashier and we DID have a dresscode, no denim, no tennis shoes, no shirts that had the name of another store... but think about it... you arent going to go to work at WM all dressed up like you work at a dpt store!

Althouh when youre training, they brain wash you with crap about Sam Walton... like hes god or something!
Old 06-20-2002, 12:19 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to RUgreek
Walmart Sucks.
Old 06-20-2002, 12:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Wal-Mart blows. When I do go there for groceries, I buy in bulk to avoid having to go very often.

A very good friend of mine worked there for a semester, full time. He hated it. Always came home with a funny story about moronic customers (He's hella smart - a rarity amongst their employees). He said that there was a giant picture of Sam Walton in the break room wearing a "hi my name is Sam" nametag,a nd the nametag was clearly superimposed on the photo. He was unable to explain this to the other employees.

Other friends of mine that worked there were dating. The other cashiers couldn't believe they didn't have any children yet. "Girl, what you mean you ain't got kids yet? You've been together 3 years!"

I hate Kmart much much more than Wal-Mart. I love Target though. I can't WAIT until they open one here. Its got everything - Pottery Barn knockoffs for cheap AND Hello Kitty accessories!
Old 06-20-2002, 12:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: Who you calling "boy"? The name's Hand Banana . . .
So one lucky Christmas, Santa brought me some shitty little small-electronics bauble I couldn't possibly use no matter how I'd try, so I got the receipt, and lucky me had to return it to GOD DAMNED Wal-Mart.

Well, I walk into the door, and there's two people working the front door area - one kind-looking old man, obviously a retiree working this job to stay around people. He was the greeter; just sorta jolly, laughing, having a good time.

The other employee was equally friendly, perhaps even more so, a younger woman in her mid-30s. She too was very cool, and having a good time - she was also in a wheelchair, with only partial use of her arms. So, of course, she was assigned to stamping the items you were bringing in for return, with some sort of gun-type device.

What sort of lunatic would give the job requiring manual dexterity to the person who, unfortunately, doesn't have use of her arms/hands? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Watching her struggle with the gun, and the ensuing line (not to mention people getting pissed off, like it was her fault), well I didn't know whether to cry, help her out, or laugh my ass off at how ridiculous the whole thing became.

It was off the chain - to this day, I can't believe that some 'manager' didn't decide to, maybe, switch the jobs between the two?

But what the hell do I know, I guess . . .
Old 06-20-2002, 12:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Well, I go to Walmart if I have to. I work at the competition though, Zellers. I admit Zellers has smaller selection in some areas (we have no craft dept, practically no groceries) but we're friendly. (Our customer service workers have been known to take back items that we don't even sell!!bad for business, good for reputation).
A lot of customers complain, "i'm going to walmart, it's cheaper" But you know what, not everything is cheaper, and besides you can spend your money on gas to get there.

Walmart just built a new building next to their old one. The new building is much larger but their organization skills are crap. I went in there last week and they had stacked boxes in almost all the aisles! and not the big main aisles, but the tiny ones too. You couldn't go anywhere with a cart!

anyway, that's my opinion on that!
Old 06-20-2002, 02:12 AM
GreekChat Member

I read a list in the newspaper a few weeks ago that showed the, I think, 20 richest people in the WORLD. Three of those people were Sam Walton's widow and two of his children.

IN THE WHOLE WORLD!!!!!

That news is a big contrast to the folksy, down-home image the chain tries to project of the late owner. It's hard to imagine someone accruing that kind of money if they're not at least a partial bas***d.

Note: The above is the opinion of KillarneyRose only and not of GreekChat. Please don't sue us, Wal-Mart! Sam is good, Sam is good, Sam is good...
Old 06-20-2002, 02:28 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by aephi alum
Walmart is the spawn of the devil.

Can I stop laughing now???
Old 06-20-2002, 02:30 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by lifesaver
...... so I thought about Wal-Mart....on a saturday...in the afternoon.... I did it anyway, and hated myself for it. Standing there in the households section.... screaming brats and Lionel Ritchie BLARING on the speakers "oh what a feeling...were dancing on the celing" Yeah, I almost went back to the sports section and put a rifle in my mouth.