GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,187
Threads: 115,581
Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 1,198
2 members and 1,196 guests
Xidelt

Old 06-24-2024, 08:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Convention Season 2024

We don't have a Convention thread yet for 2024! Where is your org doing Convention? Are you going? The Alpha Gams will be in Atlanta Wednesday-Sunday this week! I haven't been since before COVID and I'm excited to see sisters I haven't seen since 2018!
Old 06-25-2024, 11:39 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post
We don't have a Convention thread yet for 2024! Where is your org doing Convention? Are you going? The Alpha Gams will be in Atlanta Wednesday-Sunday this week! I haven't been since before COVID and I'm excited to see sisters I haven't seen since 2018!

I look forward to seeing you soon!
Old 06-26-2024, 12:12 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm heading to Palm Springs, CA tomorrow morning to be an alumnae chapter delegate at the Delta Gamma Convention! It's my first time attending and I'm looking forward to this opportunity.
Old 06-29-2024, 08:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Phi Mu Delta

Phi Mu Delta is having it's convention/conclave soon in Providence, Rhode Island.
Old 07-01-2024, 06:00 PM
GreekChat Member

I just returned yesterday from the Delta Gamma convention in Palm Desert, CA. This was my first convention and I found the experience to be very interesting. I met amazing sisters of all ages from across the United States. My roommate was from Houston, TX and this was her 5th convention. She knew so many people there and made sure to introduce me.

So very happy for our Alumnae Chapter to win a Regional Award for Communication.

Alpha Phi was also meeting for their Convention in Palm Desert at a different hotel.
Old 07-02-2024, 06:06 PM
GreekChat Member

I watched the DG one virtually. It was my 19th Convention! Hope to go to Dallas in 2026.
Old 07-02-2024, 09:54 PM
GreekChat Member

We did the Palm Desert in 2006 at the Renaissance Esmerelda. It was lovely, but it was 115 degrees or something like that and we had to walk outdoors to get the hall where we had meals. That was challenging in our formal gowns.

This was my 11th Convention in Atlanta at the Marriott Marquis. The Convention itself was amazing. I saw many sisters I hadn't seen in 6 years and made some great new connections also.

We'll be in Phoenix in 2026- the place we were supposed to be in 2020. It has a very enticing lazy river.
Old 07-03-2024, 09:35 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

We'll be in Phoenix in 2026- the place we were supposed to be in 2020. It has a very enticing lazy river.

when I saw there is a lazy river I thought about you!

Always good to see you! I was doing the math and this convention was my 13th! I do wonder if I will ever be one of the women who has been to the most... nowhere close to that, for sure!
Old 07-03-2024, 09:46 AM

Quote:
A lot of us came in early just for that lazy river the last time we were in Phoenix! It was so fun.
Old 07-03-2024, 12:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
We did the Palm Desert in 2006 at the Renaissance Esmerelda. It was lovely, but it was 115 degrees or something like that and we had to walk outdoors to get the hall where we had meals. That was challenging in our formal gowns.

This was my 11th Convention in Atlanta at the Marriott Marquis. The Convention itself was amazing. I saw many sisters I hadn't seen in 6 years and made some great new connections also.

DG was at the JW Marriot Resort this year. Yes it was very hot while we were there. I believe 111 was the high during the day. Fortunately, nearly everything was accessible indoors, so that limited the amount of time we spent outside.

Someone finally realized that trying to do a group photo outdoors was a poor idea, so it was rescheduled to be inside!

There was large lagoon connected to the pool complex but I didn't see a lazy river.
Old 07-03-2024, 01:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorD View Post
I was doing the math and this convention was my 13th! I do wonder if I will ever be one of the women who has been to the most... nowhere close to that, for sure!

Gamma Phi Beta's tradition is to have a parade at our Confirmed Conventioneers' Dinner. Attendees receive a Convention hat on check-in and we are to decorate and affix a carnation on our hat for every Convention we've attended. Only people who have attended 5 or more Conventions get to be in the parade. The parade starts with the sister(s) with the most carnations and then ends with the sisters who have 5 carnations.

We had two sisters with 26 carnations (Conventions attended) this year.

True and Constant
Old 07-03-2024, 05:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorD View Post
when I saw there is a lazy river I thought about you!

Always good to see you! I was doing the math and this convention was my 13th! I do wonder if I will ever be one of the women who has been to the most... nowhere close to that, for sure!
There's a chance I'll be wintering in Arizona by then! We'll see what life brings between now and 2026! I'm all about the lazy river for sure. I will probably skip all the business sessions and just go to ritual services, banquets and the lazy river! Because I can

I'm quite certain you will be one of them! You may not beat MR with her 32, but you can get to 26.

Edit: I did the math again. This was only my 10th attending. I paid for 11 but couldn't go to Louisville at the last minute. I have all the swag from it though?

Last edited by AGDee; 07-03-2024 at 05:55 PM.
Old 07-15-2024, 04:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by navane View Post
Gamma Phi Beta's tradition is to have a parade at our Confirmed Conventioneers' Dinner. Attendees receive a Convention hat on check-in and we are to decorate and affix a carnation on our hat for every Convention we've attended. Only people who have attended 5 or more Conventions get to be in the parade. The parade starts with the sister(s) with the most carnations and then ends with the sisters who have 5 carnations.

We had two sisters with 26 carnations (Conventions attended) this year.

Love this picture! It was #11 for me this year.
Old 07-16-2024, 08:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Our convention is next year. Someone "Let the cat out of the bag prematurely" and disclosed Walt Disney World Florida. I am not a fan of WDW and I doubt I'll enter any of the parks. Been there, done that, multiple times.
Old 07-17-2024, 05:03 PM
Super Moderator

Our Boule is in Houston.