GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Sigma Alpha
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

» GC Stats
Members: 326,157
Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, craig171
» Online Users: 1,392
1 members and 1,391 guests
Cookiez17

Old 12-28-2002, 04:02 AM
GreekChat Member

Question Online Newsletter (Beta Kappa)

I'm the VP of Alumnae and Heritage for Beta Kappa Chapter and I was wondering if any of you have started online Alumnae newsletters, how they're working out, and how you got email addresses?
I've sent word out through my chapter, but it's hard to get into contact with alumnae because our funds are limited and I'm trying to avoid snail mailing all of our alumna.

Any Beta Kappas that Read this send me your email!
StarFrog00@aol.com
or
AlphaSigma_1@lycos.com
Old 12-28-2002, 01:25 PM

-Put a notice with your contact info in your school's alum magazine that you are looking for alumnae.

-If your school has an online alum directory, ask an alum to help you look up addresses, try for one person from each pledge class (you can get a list of all chapter members from nationals). Once the ball starts rolling they can pass the info along.

-Make sure that your chapter website has an area where alums can leave their info for you.

A lot of older alumnae won't have computer access but you can make a dent if you get younger alums' email addresses.

Here is another idea: towards the end of the school year, see if the alum office on campus will help you out. This is what we did (I am alum) for our reunion. The office had $$$ left over and they didn't want to have to report that they didn't use it because then the school would reduce their budget. Not only did they make copies & labels for us, they paid for postage!! You have to wait till the end of the year though.
Old 12-30-2002, 04:10 PM
GreekChat Member

I am the VP of alum and heritage for Beta Beta. I know that the preceding VP had sent newsletters out to the alum. We also have a Beta Beta only website and a few of our alum have the password to get in. I hope to get all alum that want to visit the site passwords. I haven't been trained for the position bc I just got back from FL. I ran for a position even though I wasn't at elections. WE also don't hold meetings the last 2 weeks of school, so I don't have much advice since I haven't been able to do anything yet.
Old 01-08-2003, 04:22 AM
GreekChat Member

Just so you all know...Thanks to Jamie (yay Jamie) my newsletter is really taking off... it's already made it to Nora Ten Broek (sp? it's late) via others. And all of our almunea have great ideas for what they would like to see in the newsletter and on the Almuna website.... this is going to be awesome! I'm so excited!
Old 01-08-2003, 05:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to HeavenslilAngel Send a message via AIM to HeavenslilAngel Send a message via Yahoo to HeavenslilAngel
Glad to hear you got everything going. Sorry I wasn't able to help ya but I didn't really have any ideas so I didn't post. But anyway good luck with the site and newsletter!