GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,164
Threads: 115,586
Welcome to our newest member, ibtisamkhan
» Online Users: 979
1 members and 978 guests
John
Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 10:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to emmilaya
University of Oklahoma- Norman?

Hiya! just being curious, and wanted to know if anyone knew the general reputations of the diffferent sororities? Such as biggest partiers, most studious, most pretentious etc. I know they aren't always accurate, and I'm not making a decision based off of it or anything. I'm just curious. Thanks a bunch!
Old 03-12-2008, 10:21 PM
GreekChat Member

not to be rude or anything, but all of your posts are asking what other people think about something... why not just do what you think is right and go for it? When it comes time for rush will it really matter what a bunch of internet strangers say about Sorority ABC vs. Sorority XYZ? Probably not.
Old 03-12-2008, 10:21 PM
GreekChat Member

We don't like to discuss reputation on GC because it's based on rumors and conjecture. Also, you never know who could be in an OU sorority on this board and get offended if someone (for example) says that her chapter is "the one full of drunks." Advice: If you're really pressed about reputations, ask someone you know who goes there.

Personally, I think that really informed, smart, PNMs make decisions based on what they experience DURING RECRUITMENT and in INTERACTING with sorority women on campus. Not based on reputation.

Lakers Nation.

Last edited by KSUViolet06; 03-12-2008 at 10:23 PM.
Old 03-12-2008, 10:22 PM
GreekChat Member

OP: please also take the time to read THIS THREAD -- it is sticky'd for a reason
Old 03-12-2008, 10:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Although I don't think anyone will post any opinions about specific sororities, if someone does, I have to caution you against buying into them. OU has a very large and strong Greek system and there are a variety of personalities and reputations in every house. There are partiers in every house, studious girls in every house, religious girls in every house, pageant girls in every house, etc. Make your decision based on where you feel most comfortable, have the best conversations, can see yourself living, etc.
Closed Thread