GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Lambda > Lambda Chi Alpha
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

» GC Stats
Members: 326,158
Threads: 115,583
Welcome to our newest member, Christos-Cyp
» Online Users: 1,298
2 members and 1,296 guests
Phrozen Sands

Old 05-06-2008, 09:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to ZetaPhi708
Our SDSU chapter, Zeta Pi Zeta....

http://advancement.sdsu.edu/marcomm/information/

"The six fraternities include: Lambda Chi Alpha, Phi Kappa Psi, Phi Kappa Theta, Theta Chi, Sigma Alpha Epsilon and Sigma Alpha Mu."
Old 05-06-2008, 09:59 PM
GreekChat Member

You beat me to it and I am so pissed, I could spit fire!

I am sure there will be people from IHQ on the way to check this out!

This has put a huge black mark not only on LXA if proven, but the entire Greek Community.

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 05-06-2008, 10:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Earp View Post
You beat me to it and I am so pissed, I could spit fire!

I am sure there will be people from IHQ on the way to check this out!

This has put a huge black mark not only on LXA if proven, but the entire Greek Community.
My apologizes to you, My Brother....i did not mean to transgress....

In ZAX...
Old 05-07-2008, 12:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to LXAAlum
They recolonized/rechartered just a few years ago after closing in 1995 - just.......crap.

Words. Fail. Me.
Old 05-07-2008, 12:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZetaPhi708 View Post
My apologizes to you, My Brother....i did not mean to transgress....

In ZAX...

LOL, not you R R!

I was refering to the situation at SDSU.

I am with LXAAlum on this also. I have had this on my mind all day and can only hope it may have been a few Brothers. I just hope it will not cost the chapter to be pulled.

I guess in retrospect that the Greek Community is just a microcosim of daily life.

I am sure it will be fully investigated by IHQ.

As is said, coming by things easy does have its penaltys. Heck of a way to pay ones bills though is going to cost some dearly.

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 05-07-2008, 01:30 PM
GreekChat Member

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/05/07/...rss_topstories

After reading that link it looks as though we were not directly involved. Though looking at it thats 6 out of the 16 on that particular campus.
Xαλεπα Τα Καλα
Old 05-07-2008, 06:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JConleyWCU View Post
http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/05/07/...rss_topstories

After reading that link it looks as though we were not directly involved. Though looking at it thats 6 out of the 16 on that particular campus.
As we welcomed a new chapter into the strong band of Zetas across the country this past Saturday night, ( congrats to the WCU chapter on getting their charter ). we stand to lose a chapter from yesterday's events but I do wonder and speculate what percentage of the chapter's membership were directly involved with the alleged ( I use "alleged" as none of the arrested have been convicted yet in a court of law ) crimes.
Old 05-07-2008, 10:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Yea, if its not the majority of the chapter I can see those brothers involved getting kicked. There is no need in losing a chapter that size due to a few bad apples, though its happened before that way. I am curious to see how IHQ handles it, cause when I met them last summer in Memphis, they seemed to be pretty stand up guys.

-- Thanks for the shout out.
Xαλεπα Τα Καλα
Old 05-07-2008, 11:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Trey_P-I_47
i guess we are about to find out if IHQ practices the 'burn and turn' procedure, or if they actually extend some kind of due process to the brothers and chapter.

This situation could prove to be a very oppurtune time to see just how HQ operates when a serious circumstance arises.

In ZAX
Old 05-07-2008, 11:17 PM
GreekChat Member

A Point Well Taken!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey_P-I_47 View Post
i guess we are about to find out if IHQ practices the 'burn and turn' procedure, or if they actually extend some kind of due process to the brothers and chapter.

This situation could prove to be a very opportune time to see just how HQ operates when a serious circumstance arises.

In ZAX
Greetings,

As a teacher I have never believed in punishing a whole class for the transgressions of a few.

This situation has horrible implications for the oaths, obligations, and sense of honor that is part of our Fraternity.

But, if there is any truth to this accusation, hold those responsible for their transgressions. Not the innocent....

If true, another sad day for all of us.

Yours in ZAX,

Mike Raymond

Last edited by docroc67; 05-08-2008 at 09:12 AM.
Old 05-07-2008, 11:51 PM
GreekChat Member

I think everyone needs to WAKE UP on this topic.

Do you really think this is an isolated case of fraternities dealing drugs? I'm not just talking about LXA (although we are included).

The drug business is HUGE in a lot of greek areas. The ingredients are all there for people to get hooked on the drug dealing lifestyle. You've got people with a lot of money, a relaxed environment, parties all over the place, people who have your back....and so on.

Do any of you remember the movie "Blow" starring Johnny Depp? I forgot his name, but the person Depp portrays was no stranger to LXA.

When he mentions running to "Amherst", he meant the Gamma Zeta chapter in the 1970's!

The guy used to use the house as a base of operations, and there were always rumors there were pounds of coke stashed in the walls. This isn't a new trend or new situation. This has and always will go on.

They were selling drugs to consenting adults for their own use. They weren't drunk driving or going around and raping women.

I don't think that our brothers should be put on trial, rather it should be AMERICA'S DRUG POLICY that should be put on trial! THEY were the victims of a flawed policy and failed "war on drugs".

Once you're 18 you can buy cigarettes, join the military, vote and become an individual separate from your parents. If they want to smoke pot or take X, that's their own individual choice. What they do behind closed doors is none of our business.
Old 05-08-2008, 12:34 PM
GreekChat Member

LXA was one of the six that were suspened from SDSU!

I agree with docroc, but was it to little to not jepordize the whole Zeta which it looks like it did.

But gammazeta, drugs are still illegal. No matter how crapy the war on drugs is and usless with the cost of money involved, I guess you could call it "a bust", pun intended!

LX Z # 1
Alumni

Last edited by Tom Earp; 05-08-2008 at 12:37 PM.
Old 05-08-2008, 02:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to HONKY660
What I take from reading the many articles online, it appears as though it was just a few members that were involved, possibly people who got caught buying drugs from the dealers. The only fraternity that I have seen implicated in these events is Theta Chi who had the student who text messaged everyone to buy drugs. Plus the chapter is temporarily suspended pending further investigation, but I would think that HQ will do a house cleaning, not close the chapter down. I think the names of the fraternites are thrown out there to make the story a lot more interesting, it could possibly be one kid who is in LXA at SDSU buying drugs, but in these days one person represents the masses.
Old 05-08-2008, 07:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HONKY660 View Post
but in these days one person represents the masses.
If that's the case, then both the Republican and Democratic parties should be shut down.

"Whenever people agree with me, I always feel I must be wrong."...Oscar Wilde
Old 05-08-2008, 11:33 PM
GreekChat Member

I still don't see what the big problem is, and we shouldn't be jumping to conclusion regarding the LXA's involved.

So far, all I have read was that Theta Chi was the biggest dealers.

How do we know the LXA's were not just dealing some pot as opposed to operating a meth lab out of their room? We don't.

In today's society, who really cares if someone is caught with drugs? Getting caught with pot or coke today isn't even a slap on the wrist. I don't see the big deal in all of this.

So a brother or two sold a dime bag or an eightball to a consenting adult for their own use and enjoyment in private. Those actions didn't hurt anyone. No one was raped, or killed or injured.

Yeah, it's against the law, but so is speeding. Are we going to kick out any brother that gets a speeding ticket?