GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,145
Threads: 115,589
Welcome to our newest member, lopezsae
» Online Users: 1,330
1 members and 1,329 guests
LaneSig

Old 09-03-2002, 01:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Talking Edy's Ice Cream - GO GATORS!

I'm not sure if this is going on in other parts of the country, but Edy's Ice Cream has come out with 3 limited edition ice creams for the 3 big schools in Florida:
University of Florida - Reptile Ripple
University of Miami - Hurricane Blitz
Florida State - can't remember...but who really cares!

The flavors are the same: chocolate & caramel swirl. YUM!

I bought a container of the Gator & the Cane ice creams because the big game is this Saturday & we're having some friends come over to watch it.

Plus I am an alumna of both schools....though I'm a native Miamian, I bleed orange & blue - GO GATORS!!

So, is there any other region where this special edition of Edy's Ice Cream has come out? (for your teams?)
Old 09-03-2002, 02:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to MoonStar17
LOL....im not particulary a fan of any of the schools...i like my lil FIU just fine but that was hillarious "Florida State-cant rememeber but who really cares!" lol that made me laugh

ill have to pick up some of the canes one though the guy im seeing goes to UM and im sure he'd enjoy that

How long do you think before FIU is one of the "big Florida schools?" it would be nice for FIU to get some more recognition too...
Old 09-03-2002, 03:23 AM
GreekChat Member

Hmm, we're already huuuuuuuge ice cream fans, I'm sure this will be a hit.

As for the game this weekend, I already told my dad that if something goes wrong for the Gators, DO NOT CALL ME TO GLOAT! My parents have been Cane fans since before I was born, so the fact that their only child goes to UF doesn't mean much to them. *sigh* I sure hope we win.
Old 09-03-2002, 07:22 AM
GreekChat Member

Hi Annie-
Pittsburgh's had them for awhile.
We have flavors for the Pitt Panthers, Pittsburgh Penguins, and Pittsburgh Steelers. Penn State is also available but since i go to Pitt i can't speak nicely of them
Old 09-03-2002, 08:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Lisa Fishman
Edy's has special flavors for Auburn Univ. and Univ. of Ala. I forgot what they are though.
Old 09-03-2002, 10:34 AM
GreekChat Member

I totally agree with MoonStar! I go to U South Florida, which has a population of oh, over 37,000 (so is therefore just as big as all the other "big schools"). I am so sick of seeing FSU and UF merchandise in every store around here. I understand that 'Nole and Gator football is really cool ...but come on! Represent for the Bulls in Tampa at least! I want some South Florida Fudge Swirl ice cream...maybe I'll open up my own company

Edited to say: P.S. Please don't flame me, you Gators and 'Noles!

Last edited by ShaedyKD; 09-03-2002 at 10:41 AM.
Old 09-03-2002, 10:42 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by MoonStar17
LOL....im not particulary a fan of any of the schools...i like my lil FIU just fine but that was hillarious "Florida State-cant rememeber but who really cares!" lol that made me laugh

ill have to pick up some of the canes one though the guy im seeing goes to UM and im sure he'd enjoy that

How long do you think before FIU is one of the "big Florida schools?" it would be nice for FIU to get some more recognition too...
Moonstar, glad I made you chuckle..!

And I hear ya loud & clear on the FIU topic. But remember, UF & FSU have been around for about 100 years - FIU was just built! (well, 25 or so years ago - I remember when it was being built )

I am always irked when the local media down here covers EVERYthing for UM, but rarely for FIU...but that's for another thread..
Old 09-03-2002, 10:46 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ROWDYsister
Hmm, we're already huuuuuuuge ice cream fans, I'm sure this will be a hit.

As for the game this weekend, I already told my dad that if something goes wrong for the Gators, DO NOT CALL ME TO GLOAT! My parents have been Cane fans since before I was born, so the fact that their only child goes to UF doesn't mean much to them. *sigh* I sure hope we win.

Rowdy..

I hear ya too on this one!

Dad & brother are Hurricanes; Mom, sister and I are Gators.

My brother & I have always had the intrastate rivalry going on since high school (80s) - oh, it's PAINFUL sometimes, but it's all in good fun.

(And my dear husband is an FAU alumnus - he could care less!)
Old 09-03-2002, 10:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Talking

They've got flavors for Georgia Tech and Georgia here.
Old 09-03-2002, 11:04 AM
GreekChat Member

Ummm.... FIWho?????
Just kidding, I had to do it!
Florida Love to everyone, no matter who wins on Saturday!
I'm not a native Floridian so I really don't care for football rivalries.
Old 09-03-2002, 10:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by dzrose93
They've got flavors for Georgia Tech and Georgia here.

What do they have? Yellow Jacket crunch?

3 of my boys recently graduated from Ga. Tech and are PIKES as well. They say all the hot chicks in Georgia go to UGA, not Tech.
Old 09-04-2002, 10:04 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by UF_PikePC98

What do they have? Yellow Jacket crunch?

3 of my boys recently graduated from Ga. Tech and are PIKES as well. They say all the hot chicks in Georgia go to UGA, not Tech.
Maybe your "boys" just couldn't get dates with the hot girls at Tech... From what I've seen, the KA house is where the girls aim to be.

Don't get me wrong -- UGA has its share of pretty girls, too, particularly in the DZ house. However, Tech women are the cream of the crop.
Old 09-04-2002, 10:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to KappaKittyCat
UW Madison's Babcock ice cream has two flavours for the University:

"Berry Alvarez," strawberries & raspberries in vanilla, named after the football coach, Barry Alvarez; and

"Praise to Thee, our Almond Mocha," the flavour is obvious, named after the best-known line in the school's Alma Mater, "Varsity," which is "Praise to thee, our Alma Mater.
Old 09-04-2002, 10:46 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by dzrose93

Maybe your "boys" just couldn't get dates with the hot girls at Tech... From what I've seen, the KA house is where the girls aim to be.

Don't get me wrong -- UGA has its share of pretty girls, too, particularly in the DZ house. However, Tech women are the cream of the crop.

I don't know, they say most of them are nerdy chicks. (translation-no body,no sense of fashion,constantly having their nose in romance novels since they can't get a hot guy, as well as having a VERY dry sense of humour.) It's kinda funny because MANY girls I have met from UGA have said that they wish the guys from Tech would come to UGA. They said the guys at UGA have a tendancy to always look like they just rolled out of bed and went out.

one thing I've noticed about guys from UGA, they all have the same freakin hair cut. You know, not short but somewhat grown out and NEVER styled. Sorta like many of the KA guys at UF.
Old 09-04-2002, 11:02 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by UF_PikePC98

I don't know, they say most of them are nerdy chicks. (translation-no body,no sense of fashion,constantly having their nose in romance novels since they can't get a hot guy, as well as having a VERY dry sense of humour.) It's kinda funny because MANY girls I have met from UGA have said that they wish the guys from Tech would come to UGA. They said the guys at UGA have a tendancy to always look like they just rolled out of bed and went out.

one thing I've noticed about guys from UGA, they all have the same freakin hair cut. You know, not short but somewhat grown out and NEVER styled. Sorta like many of the KA guys at UF.
The sorority girls at Tech that I've met are definitely not "nerdy"... They've got the whole package -- beauty, brains, and great personalities.

As for the guys' hairstyles, the unkempt, slightly shaggy haircut is definitely a popular trend -- at both UGA and Tech. I kinda like it.