» Online Users: 1,258
0 members and 1,258 guests
No Members online

Old 03-15-2004, 01:23 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Hyper2 Send a message via Yahoo to Hyper2
Bringing in New Members!

Okay,
If your chapter were to create a board during an organizational fair at your school, what would you put on the board to gain everyones attention?

*Its just a question...and if you read this, then you need to post something cause I know you have an idea!
Old 03-15-2004, 01:30 AM
GreekChat Member

Put things that will keep there atention. Put creative facts on your board like.

Being The Largest Fraternity In America.
How JCSU is the First HBCU Chapter of Alpha Phi Omega.
You can still pledge Alpha Phi Omega and do Pan-Hell
and different things like that to attract the.

Show how you all kick it on the yard or at a party.

Make it creative and have it grab they attention.

You should also put information in about the history of APO

Personal Advice from the VP of Communications at Psi Phi.
Old 03-15-2004, 08:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Pictures, Pictures, Pictures.

People don't want to read, they want to sneak a peek and keep walking....therefore, I would suggest pictures of any kind, but especially conferences and conventions.
Old 03-15-2004, 01:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to GoldnBlue2004 Send a message via Yahoo to GoldnBlue2004
I agree with pictures. I think that a picture is worth 1000 words. What about using grassroots or word of mouth?
FL 06

A Phi A...there is no other way.
Old 03-15-2004, 03:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sageofages
Re: Bringing in New Members!

Quote:
Originally posted by Hyper2
Okay,
If your chapter were to create a board during an organizational fair at your school, what would you put on the board to gain everyones attention?

*Its just a question...and if you read this, then you need to post something cause I know you have an idea!
I can tell you that the first Saturday in March, the APhiOmega chapter at U of Iowa sponsored a Merit Badge University that my husband took a bunch of scouts to attend. They of course had a fabulous time. My sons can't wait to join APhiOmega once they hit college age now because of the event.

Perhaps some mention/emphasis on getting out into the community at large and the impression membership in APhiOmega has on the greater world.
Old 03-15-2004, 07:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Hyper2 Send a message via Yahoo to Hyper2
That's alot of good ideas, but everyone knows that the hardest thing at an HBCU is that people are very closed-minded about Greek life. Now if your in the band you have KKPsi or Tau Beta Sigma, then you have Pan-hell, the Grooves/Swings, etc. , but if they have never heard of it then they are less likely to even stop by.

* How about I just yank everyone that comes by, and make them listen? LOL!!!
Old 03-15-2004, 11:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Hyper2
That's alot of good ideas, but everyone knows that the hardest thing at an HBCU is that people are very closed-minded about Greek life. Now if your in the band you have KKPsi or Tau Beta Sigma, then you have Pan-hell, the Grooves/Swings, etc. , but if they have never heard of it then they are less likely to even stop by.

* How about I just yank everyone that comes by, and make them listen? LOL!!!
Thats true but you do service along with service orgs. like Gamma Sig and Omega Phi Alpha.

Pictures are a big thing to do also. Show pictures of you kickin it on the yard, or at a service project having fun.

Because you goto a HBCU I would show pictures of like other black college chapter like Tenn. State or something. You are trying to impress people and later you can let them know about the diversity because some people are close minded. But once you grasp them you can let them know everything else.
Old 03-17-2004, 03:38 AM
GreekChat Member

Talking Use Bait

Use bait to pull them in By that I mean like for the HBCU's I'm sure in some chapters there are Pan-Hell members in your chapter of APO set it up to where you have a party or service projects or something with that person and their frats or sorors and put up flyers saying "Come party with the Delta's and the A Phi Q's " Most guys will join because it's girls in the membership vice versa for the girls not to sound sexist but put the attractive members on the front line do what works
Old 03-17-2004, 10:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Attractive#7 Send a message via Yahoo to Attractive#7
Re: Use Bait

Quote:
Originally posted by APOTailDog
put the attractive members on the front line do what works
Like myself *lol*

We had an organizational fair. As a matter of fact go to http://www.angelfire.com/tn3/fratpic...nizationalFair for pictures. If you all have any awards put them up, candy, pictures, paddles, anything that catches peoples eye. Most importantly, you all need to be deep!!! The more members the better. If you all don't look like you enjoy being there, why would anybody want to come to your table??? Hope this helps.
Old 03-18-2004, 02:09 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Sister Havana
I love those pictures! Looks like you had lots of people working the table, which is good. I know candy would get me to stop by a table. Good mix of stuff at the table too. Did you get lots of interest at the fair?
Old 03-18-2004, 08:46 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to tbdumpsterdiver Send a message via Yahoo to tbdumpsterdiver
when we go to the fairs we put out scrapbooks (we made one just for fairs), paddles, letters, flyers, our banner, etc. the banner and scrapbooks are definitely catching to the eye and make people stop by the table. i agree with attractive #7 in that you have to have a lot of people at the event - if they see people there they can get a better idea of the org.
Alpha Zeta Advisor

The Evolution of the Kid - http://harrimac.110mb.com
Old 03-18-2004, 05:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to GoldnBlue2004 Send a message via Yahoo to GoldnBlue2004
That is cool and all to have a scrapbook. Trust me I have all the nalia in the world, but at a small HBCU such as Smith where Delta Phi resides you always seem to get that "You are not a real organization bullshit." Excuse me for the language, but that is what I hear. I heard it yesterday too. I am Dean of Pledges for my chapter and I am trying my best to bring people into the organization. It is extremely hard when everyone is so into the Divine 9 which we do not even have that many active organizations on the campus of JCSU, but people think that APO will hender or hurt them from being able to join those other organizations.
FL 06

A Phi A...there is no other way.
Old 03-19-2004, 05:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Goldnblue

I pm'ed you