GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Chapter Operations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chapter Operations Share plans, ideas, and brainstorm problems related to chapter operations. Topics also include parliamentary procedure, national programs, innovations & etc.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,172
Threads: 115,581
Welcome to our newest member, 60αρης Ηράκλειο
» Online Users: 1,395
3 members and 1,392 guests
amIblue?, John, navane

Old 11-15-2004, 05:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to EPTriSigma
What is your chair?

What is your current chair? What responsibilities do you have as that chair? What other chairs have you held?
Old 11-15-2004, 06:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Shima-Mizu
I'm the incoming Marshal for Kappa (in charge of ritual basically). My position starts in December.

I'm currently and will remain as such- the website coordinator for my chapter as well.

As for APO, I only joined this semester, and I got to be VP of Fellowship / Membership for my pledge class, but no actual real active chair yet... my only job as VP of F/M was to make sure our pledge class did it's fellowship event.
Old 11-15-2004, 06:35 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm the PR Chair. My job is to create and maintain the website, to submit any "blurbs" about our events such as our Blood Drive to the school newspaper, and to write up a caption about the sorority for the school's new SGA website.
Old 11-15-2004, 09:34 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm fundraising chair until Christmas break. I'm in charge of raising $$$ for our new house construction project at the moment.

Lakers Nation.
Old 11-15-2004, 10:27 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm Education Chair. I plan at least one major educational seminar for our fall or spring week (could be panel discussion, bringing a speaker, having a forum, etc) on a variety of topics from politics to current events to controversial issues, and also am in charge of co-sponsoring other events that other organizations may have and helping out with them (once again, from a myriad of different topics). I actually really love this position, it's a great feeling knowing you are educating people and changing their minds on certain issues!
Old 11-16-2004, 12:28 AM
GreekChat Member

this semester, i'm the president-elect. i pretty much handle all committee work, and work in the absence of the president . also, after my term, i automatically become president. i'm also the PR chair and MGC council delegate

Old 11-24-2004, 02:40 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm currently Ritual Chair, but I'm taking on VP of Public Relations & Recruitment in January--I can't wait!!
Old 11-24-2004, 11:01 AM
Super Moderator

On the alumni chapter, I'm the recorder. I take minutes of alumni meetings, I keep the mailing list, I send out newsletters and weekly email updates, my job is to keep alums informed and connected. I also help the actives keep the website content updated.

On our chapter advisory committee, I'm the go-to guy for the treasurer and our honor council (aka standards, j-board, etc.).
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 11-24-2004, 04:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to thefarns233
I was homecoming chair..

basically i made everyone sign up for the hundreds of homecoming events, got pomps for our float, got a trailer for our float, got the secret place to build the float, all the lumber and chicken wire, went to meetings (15 in all), made sure everyone showed up to their events that they signed up for, made sure our homecoming partners were doing what they were supposed to, etc..

it was stressful to say the least!

but im running for homecoming committee.. now ill be in charge, bwah ha ha.
Old 11-24-2004, 05:00 PM

Send a message via ICQ to sigtau305 Send a message via Yahoo to sigtau305
Re: What is your chair?

Quote:
Originally posted by EPTriSigma
What is your current chair? What responsibilities do you have as that chair? What other chairs have you held?
I've just completed my term as Risk Management Chair for the Year. I'm Hoping I can become Rush Chairman for next semester.

others:

Philanthropy Chairman
Greek Council Rep
IFC rep ( I was Vice-President for one year)
Books for Kids Chair

LetEmKnow!!RollTau!!
Old 11-25-2004, 04:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to KDChiNicole Send a message via Yahoo to KDChiNicole
I'm the co-social chair, webmaster, and fundraiser. Co-social was the one I actually wanted, I was the only person who had enough of a clue about HTML to be webmaster, and fundraiser got dumped on me and the other girl in my pledge class, because they forgot to put it on the ballot last spring.

Co-social has been the most stressful, but they all have their moments.
Old 11-25-2004, 05:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to caz815nupike
Cool Re: What is your chair?

Quote:
Originally posted by EPTriSigma
I am currently social chair for my chaper. As that chairman, my responsibilities include contacting all the sororities on our campus and planning socials/exchanges to have between the two chapters. Like many chapters have also done, we branch out to many of the sororities at several other schools in the (Los Angeles county) area. It's sometimes a bit stressful because it's almost like having a relationship ....you have to coordinate with each other schedules.

I am also currently our pledge scholarship chair. I am under our pledge educator, and my responsibilty is mainly to check on our "associate members'" academic status and ensure they are in good standing, and to assign them lessons in the Fraternity's history.

In the past, I had only held positions in my pledge class, such as treasurer, rush chair, and campus involvement chair.
Old 11-25-2004, 06:04 PM
GreekChat Member

I was just elected Recording Secretary for 2005 (So, starting in January my position will take effect) which is one of the "executive" positions in AZD. Basically, I record the minutes during chapter, take attendance at events, and make sure everything gets sent to our nationals.

I was/am Corresponding Secretary for 2004, which means that I was the peson right below Public relations Vice President. My job basically entailed keeping in touch with other chapters on campus, letting them know when our events were taking place, sending congratulations cards on founders days, and delivering gift baskets on holidays. I also was in charge of sending out all invites to our formal.
Old 12-07-2004, 05:17 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Corsulian
I was just initiated Saturday, but I'm told I may be de facto webmaster because I made a site for the pledge class and it was way better (I had things like text and so on) than the one our chapter has. I don't know too much code--I just know how to do layouts and I can put in the effort to keep it good and updated.
GMU Greek Life Wiki * Unofficial Region X Portal
Old 12-07-2004, 09:34 AM
GreekChat Member

I am Head Guard (Ritual Chair) and I just finished up my term as Alumnae-Collegiate Relations Chair.