GreekChat.com Forums
Celebrating 25 Years of GreekChat!

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

» GC Stats
Members: 326,200
Threads: 115,576
Welcome to our newest member, Candida
» Online Users: 1,204
0 members and 1,204 guests
No Members online

Old 07-22-2003, 11:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SparkliiQTMTSU Send a message via Yahoo to SparkliiQTMTSU
recs

OK so everyone already knows my situation, but the thing is should I still try to come up with some recs???? I mean just in case. I know that I have no idea who I could use for them but if I need them I better get on it!! lol

Nichole
Old 07-22-2003, 11:16 PM

Nichole, I can't see where they'd hurt, so why not if you can?
Old 07-23-2003, 01:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SparkliiQTMTSU Send a message via Yahoo to SparkliiQTMTSU
I dont even know where to look for any recs! lol I mean am I allowed to get one for ZTA from a sister now??? and as for the other sororites I dont know like anyone...my old boss is an AOPI but thats the only other person I can think of. anyone know where I can even get recs???
I swear I should know all of this already lol.

nichole
Old 07-23-2003, 09:12 AM

I'd go get recs just in case.

You did COB last time around, right? Did you ever go through formal rush, and if so, can you ask the same people for recs?
Old 07-23-2003, 12:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Nicole -- ar eyou hoping to pledge ZTA again? I'm still a bit confused as to what your situation is exactly.
Old 07-23-2003, 01:42 PM
GreekChat Member

yes I am hoping to pledge ZTA again but who knows how that is going to go...I did however go through COB or informal rush last time so I have never gone through formal rush and I didnt need recs. so maybe I should go and get some. anyone wanna give me some??? lol

Nichole
Old 07-24-2003, 06:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Ok well I have one rec from my old boss whos an AOPI from Ole Miss so theres one down and like 6 more to go... blah ok I need some from ZTA(which Im sure I can get if an active can do one for me), Chi-O, A Chi-O, DZ, ADPi and KD. so if anyone can help me with these I would greatly greatly appriciate it.

Nichole
Old 07-25-2003, 02:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Whether it is formal rush or COB, ZTA requires a recommendation be sent in with the paperwork on a new pledge. Zeta should already have a rec on you. A current sister can sign a rec for you this time around but ONLY if it is co-signed by an alumna. You would be surprised who you know who is Greek. Your mother has friends. Have her ask around and one Greek alum will offer to have a friend who is an alum of another group write you one. It's all about networking!
Old 07-25-2003, 06:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to meridionaleDG
I thought I was in your same situation last summer. My Dad was in a frat, but he's old now and doesn't have the connections he used to (so I thought), and my mom didn't even go to a school with a sorority.

My Mom started asking other teachers at her school if they were in a sorority. Most of them were so I got a TON of recs that way (I would go see my Mom all the time during her class hours, so a good bit of the teachers had already met me and stuff).

My Dad started calling old fraternity brothers who married sorority women, so I also got some recs that way too.

They did all the calling for recs for me, but I had to type up a little school/grades/activities resume and find some pictures to mail to all of these people they contacted to help them feel out the recs.

I don't know how your relationship is with your Mom and Dad, but even if they were never greek, they probably work with people who are. Get them to ask around for you.

I ended up with about 10 recs distributed among different sororities. I didn't have recs for 3 of them though - but one of those was DG. I think MTSU's greek system is about like Southern's (USM). So, having recs help, but not having a rec isn't too horrible at schools like ours. Just get whatever you can and then don't worry about it anymore.

And as far as your situation goes, since you COBed - I would still try to get recs. I'm not saying ZTA will cut you or anything, but you might actually fall in love with another sorority you never had the opportunity to converse with.

Either way - good luck!! My brother just graduated from MTSU, and he told me the greek system has gotten 10 times bigger over the years since he started school there.