Threads: 115,576
Welcome to our newest member, Candida
» Online Users: 1,253
3 members and 1,250 guests
PGD-GRAD, southernbuff

Old 02-11-2008, 11:10 PM
GreekChat Member

House Tour Themes...

As part of our fall formal recruitment, we have a "Philanthropy Day" which includes a house tour -- every chapter goes all out with a theme, decorating the first floor of the chapter house in that theme and the tour guides dressing with the theme as well. Some chapters use their philanthropy as inspiration (ex. our Tri-Delta chapter's philanthropy is a baseball tournament so their tour guides wear baseball caps and knee high socks). For the past 3 (maybe more) years, we've done a "Phi Mu of the Caribbean" theme -- basically just a pirate-themed tour.
This year we want to switch it up and do something different since the Pirates of The Caribbean movies are old news. For our philanthropy event we do a male beauty pageant, so doing something based off that is difficult, but maybe something based on kids (because of CMN) would work. We are trying to stay away from super-cheesy, though...if anyone has any ideas, we'd appreciate the help!

One idea we've had so far is a Nickelodeon theme.
Old 02-12-2008, 12:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: Peeing on you and telling you it's rain apparently...
Do a Disney themed tour. Have sisters be Hannah Montana and others be Miley Stewart/Cyrus and they can switch half way. Have three be the Jonas Brothers and go together. Have someone wear mouse ears and red shorts. Another mouse ears and a red polka dot dress. (Go easy on me if this sucks cos we don't have house tours). You can even call it the best of both worlds house tour and emphasize how much Phi Mu has to offer on your campus. Essentially the "best of both worlds".

Something more tame-use the logo on white or black polo shirts and put large CMN logo stickers on important things througout the house, encourage the PNMs to point out and ask about the items. Use helium filled balls (use a complimentary colored net to keep in place) in the front or the foyer and make them look like the CMN logo (this did great for us last year as centerpieces).

Or-to tie in with your pageant event have the chapter beauty queens do the tour in tea-lenght semi-formal gowns (to not be too formal) with sashes that tout your CMN accomplishments. "Over $20,000 donated", "Man-Pageant 02/14/08", etc.