Threads: 115,580
Welcome to our newest member, luvdovemrh
» Online Users: 1,548
0 members and 1,548 guests
No Members online

Old 09-30-2000, 01:24 AM
GreekChat Member

Talking You guys are the BEST!!!!!!!

Can I just say that I love this website?

To all new members of Alpha Chi ----
Please do not be shy! PLEASE PLEASE register here at GreekChat and say hi... tell us where you are from and what school you go to and anything you want to!

And, my dear sisters.... listen to what a small world it is! (sorry AXO Alum, I HAD to tell!)

So, AXO Alum, who I first "met" here, e-mails me inquiring about some AXO gifts, which you all know I carry on my website, (http://www.SterlingGreek.com) (I don't mind promoting on the AXO board, you are my sisters, you know I am not just posting here to make $$$$).

And, in her e-mail she says (this is paraphrased) "I'm in NC and you are in TX, but my friend from college just moved to your town, wouldn't it be funny if you knew her? Her name is [Jane]..."

And I say (paraphrased), "surely not the same Jane from NC that just started working with MY best friend from college? the same Jane that I went to dinner with last week? the same Jane that watched the UT-Stanford game with me two weeks ago? can't be the same girl..."

and of course it is!
how random is that? that I meet a sister here on this website and she is across the country, but just HAPPENS to be friends with a girl that I see here in town all the time?

the moral of this story: the BOND IS ALWAYS THERE... it is sometimes closer than we really know... we are all connected in ways that we do not realize... but you do not have to be aware of them to have FAITH in the strength of the bond!

I know this might be getting cheesy... but AXO Alum and I, who are states apart, have this mutual friend... and she was not in a sorority... but the bond of Alpha Chi flows through her anyway! We touch everyone we know, and we connect with one another that way. Remember what a responsibility that is! Promote Alpha Chi Everyday... because you just never know...

LITB!
Old 09-30-2000, 11:00 AM
GreekChat Member

Exclamation

Hello All - Yes, "T" the bond is all around us! Thanks for posting the story - I was planning on it

Now let's see how "connected" the rest of us can get - surely we can go down our list of friends and get a connection Please tell the sisters at your chapter about this site. I'd love to see us "build" our membership representation on here. We're already pretty big in terms of NPC representation! Let's keep it going! Love to all my BEAUTIFUL Alpha Chi Sisters !

------------------
"Alpha Chi Omega - If you only had 2 wishes, what would your second one be?"